University of Waterloo Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Special Event Residence Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON12 November 2018
It was a fun and interesting short term job where you get to introduce on campus residences to the incoming students and their parents. Everyone was friendly. Hardest part of the job was to really get to know the details about the residences and/or interesting facts. Telling the students and the parents about your own experience living on campus was the fun part because you get to tell them all the things you enjoyed and how you can really feel you belong to a community.
A learning with teaching job experience
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON4 January 2019
The job of teacher assistant has increased my confidence level and communication skills to a great extent as during that time i had to give presentations and lectures to a group of 20 to 25 students and also i had to take their doubts and queries. The experience of being a teacher has made me a more confident person.
Professional but saddening
Independent Course Instructor (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON6 October 2018
Waterloo is refreshing for its professional culture. However, it is the culinary equivalent to a mouthful of cotton balls. Life in the area is sad, and glimpses into a pretty joyless, inhumane future where any trace of individuality is either commodified or thrown to the wolves. Hardest part of the job was finding the will to live. Most enjoyable part was being able to study things I found interesting.
Pros
Boring, Stable
Cons
Boring, Attack geese
Great place for students
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON24 August 2018
I started working at Food Services on the recommendation of a friend and I quickly found myself surrounded by friendly co-workers and mostly polite customers. I worked at a variety of positions learning how to prepare food, work as cashier, act as kitchen porter, as well as serve food, as well as coffee at the surrounding coffee shops. The management is friendly, at least in the Davis Center, and I will miss them and my co-workers.
Pros
Meal every day
Fun place to work but not accounting department
Societies Accountant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON17 August 2018
OK work environment. The accounting manager has been there for years and is cranky so some days were more challenging then others.

Besides that job was good and other full time staff members were great. I enjoyed my working relationships and still have contact with some of the friends I had there.
Pros
cheap food for full time staff
Cons
parking and manager
It's a good place to work, lots of opportunities exist, and the environment is diverse.
Residence Life Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON20 September 2018
I have enjoyed working for the University of Waterloo for the past 5 years. I like the people I work with and I receive so much support from the community.
Pros
Great people, accepting of diversity
Cons
Benefit package isn't great
that is perfect place for physics researchers
Visitor researcher (Current Employee) –  depatement of physics and astronomy17 January 2019
that is perfect place for research because of having strong sources and high quality library and also strong professors in this field. the quiet area helps for perfect research.
Instructor of Engineering Science Outreach Program (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON7 January 2019
Research and state of the art technology
Management is very co operative
very interesting coursed
the professors are well qualified
the career centre is helpful
Pros
flexible
Great Learning
Research Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON19 February 2019
Being able to work with the right professors and supervisors provided me with a great level of skills and knowledge. You have a lot of freedom to develop and execute your own studies of interest.
very nice place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON26 December 2018
It is an excellent place to work, the people are friendly and willing to help you with the questions you have. The university has many opportunities to grow in
Pros
good salary
Cons
contract
Glorified Secretary
Student Relation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON26 January 2019
In this position, I was essentially a secretary. Because of this, the pay was average and moving up the ladder was non-existent. Nonetheless, management was very good.
Great place for growth
Residence Life Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON20 September 2018
Working at Reslife has helped me grow in so many ways. It's expanded my experience working with people, managers, and younger students. I was able to go up in my positions as well with complete guidance and coaching.
Pros
amazing growth
Cons
temporary
Great university
Fitness Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, CA20 December 2018
Excellence oriented
innovation oriented
supportive
great networking and intelligent connections
interesting with a variety of subjects
good work and student life culture
Very nice place specially for students
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON26 August 2018
I am an MSc student in the ECE department at the University of Waterloo. Generally, the professors are knowledgeable and you will have every facility you need. The only problem is the city of Waterloo which its calm and silence culture may be a little boring.
A very supportive community with options to grow and develop.
Orientation Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON24 July 2018
This is a great place to work whether you are a student or not. You get to work with a variety of different skilled individuals who come from all walks of life. Management is extremely supportive and always willing to help you grow as an person. Definitely always great day at work!
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON3 January 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed my time as a UW Lifeguard. The management was well organized and the pay was excellent. I would recommend it if you are a student.
Contract Worker (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON6 February 2019
Great place to work. The pay was decent and you did get Health care coverage, but no dental if you were on contract. Culture is pretty good and people are very nice.
Good
President, MPACS Student Council Executives (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON6 December 2018
Good, excellent, Good. I love it there absolutely. I would recommend it to anyone that is considering applying there. The workplace culture is ideal..
Dedication and Clear communication
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON21 July 2018
I developed a strong ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and effectively while working as a teaching assistant. The professor whom I worked for provided me with opportunities to take the lead on assignments, and conduct meetings with students when necessary.
love it
International Students Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON21 September 2018
Could meet a lot of new friends.
A good place for networking.
Don't have a large workload for volunteers.
There will be a section to tell you what to pay attention before you start.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Waterloo. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5