University of Toronto Employee Reviews

A good place to work
Front line customer service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2017
Very organised and well run. The safety and food safe procedures are followed and the supervisors are very informed. It is a caring and nurturing environment.
Great and friendly working environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 September 2017
Hours here are flexible and cater to my needs as a student. Working here helped me make a lot of friends at school and helped me with my time management skills.
It is Fun to be a part of the team
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 September 2017
It is always new challenges and topics you have to deal with . Students are knowledgeable and you need to be updated to keep up with . Always someone to help you with your questions .
Pros
Scientific
Avis
Assistant de recherche (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2017
Mon expérience en tant qu'employé n'était aucunement digne de commentaire. Le contrat était normal, les conditions étaient normales et je n'ai rien à signaler d'intéressant.
Great job opportunity with great learning experiences
Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2017
Absolutely loved this job. Unfortunate that it was only contract. I worked for the Faculty of Social Services on an Asian Satellite Youth program. I would obtain material on tapes and transcribe the information required and return the finished product to the Advisor. Hardest part of the job I would have to say was the language barrier. Reviewing notes from newly immigrated students from China. Most interesting, was finding out about their culture and hearing their comparisons between education systems
Great work environment with many tasks to be completed
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 September 2017
There was many tasks to complete during the shift that i worked their. This was a learning oppurtunity that gave me experience and let me look at what university would be like. It was not a job necessarily but we learned many things in the lab like inputing data and working in a tream setting with others.
Best university in Canada
Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 August 2017
University of Toronto lives up to its reputation. The networking opportunities are great. The culture varies depending on the program you are in. Hardest part is keeping up good grades.
Pros
The reputation
Cons
No life
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON27 August 2017
Very good work, life balance. There is much scope for learning and growth. Excellent work environment. Staff are friendly, approachable and very helpful
Great place to start to gain experience as a student
Marketing and Communications Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 August 2017
I worked for work-study for UofT and student Union. Overall, it was good experience, very flexible and understanding with scheduling and hours required since we were students. Really gain important soft skills that could be applied for future career options.
Research experience really rounded out my resume
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2017
Gaining experience as a research assistant and data analyst provided me with the foundational work experience to balance out my educational credentials.
Excellent university
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 August 2017
A typical day includes performing laboratory experiments, maintaining the mouse colony in the vivarium, making stock solutions, and teaching undergraduate laboratories and tutorials
University of Toronto
Course Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 August 2017
It's a great place to work as long as you are not a graduate student. The benefits are decent and the environment is safe and gives you opportunities for further learning and advancement.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Too much bureacracy
Great management, and very organized team
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2017
- Arrive at work, travel to intervieew
- Interviews are organized
- Equipment is ready
- Research lead is organized, accommodating and focused on work
first job
Loss Prevention Clerk- Retail (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2017
this was my first job, i was working as a loss preventions employee. I worked for a minimum of 2 weeks. It was a great environment to work. The bookstore manager at the time was amazing to work with.
Busy atmosphere
Exam Assistant/Invigilator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 August 2017
A typical day at work was preparing, organizing, packaging and sorting exams for the weeks to come. Keeping track of incoming and out going exams from the professors. Communicating with the professors to ensure Exams are handed in on schedule for Exam time. When working as a Proctor for the Exams, a typical day was ensuring the class room is ready for examination. Writing rules on the classroom blackboard and verbally explaining rules to the students. Ensure students are seated in a manner and places that are appropriate and that there is no room for cheating. Welcoming students to the classroom and ensuring students have the allowed instruments needed for the exam. Walking around the classroom and ensuring students are not cheating. Working with stressed students made me understand how to be balanced with my interactions with them. I needed to be firm and at the same time not put more pressure on them for they already feel pressure from examination. They do not need more stress but at the same time I needed to be firm with the rules and regulations. The most enjoyable part of the Job with seeing the relief of students faces after exams ended. The hardest part of the Job was ensuring the professors have handed in the exams on time and all exams are ready for distribution on the different exam days.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Seasonal position
Good place to work alongside students
Alumni Relations and Telefund Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 August 2017
A typical shift was 3 hours and each student had to work a minimum of 2 times a week. the management was run by upper year students and the culture was good.
Pros
free food, short hours
Cons
boring work
What I did
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 July 2017
I got my MASc. It was fine. My profs were great, very supportive. I had a lot of autonomy and creativity in my work. I still wish I had graduated sooner, though.
very nice place to work at!
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON24 July 2017
The managers and supervisors are such adorable and respectful that you will never feel bored of your job! Everyone who works at this place will definitely miss when they leave.
Cons
very fast paced and busy
Prestigious Academic Institution
Post-Doctoral Fellow, Rotman School of Management (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 July 2017
Your experience will vary immensely depending on where in the university you are working. Post-docs in the humanities generally have an abysmal time, but things are much better in the sciences.
Pros
Extremely flexible working hours.
Cons
Asocial workplace culture.
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 July 2017
The University of Toronto is a great place to work. There are always opportunities to expand and grow and to learn new things. The salary is competitive and the work life balance is great.