University of Toronto Employee Reviews

Inclusive and Innovative work place
Work Term Student (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 April 2018
I had the chance to exercise my leadership skills and to be in positions to take important decisions for events to run smoothly. I was also in charge of collaborating with other clubs on campus to efficiently promote our activities.
Poll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 April 2018
Helpful people all around. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting different people and the coworker. The environment itself is very friendly all in all
Good place to improve mentorship skills.
Student Liaison (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2018
Fellow colleagues were kind and fun to be around. Overall it was not a very stimulating job but I enjoyed being able to give advice to first year students and participate in the co-curricular events.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Application Processing (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2018
Working at Comparative Education Services at the University of Toronto was enjoyable, as work staff were great and the environment was one of great positivity. Working at CES taught me valuable language and interaction skills, while giving me an opportunity to delve into global education systems.
nice place to work,good people
Service Worker Caretaking (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2018
Working at The University of Toronto is exciting and very challenging,I deal with different kind of people with different culture ,
People are nice and very professional,The staff are friendly and very accommodating.I enjoyed working at the University..I learned a lot
This is a university
Volunteer Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 April 2018
I attended univeristy here stop making me review a bunch of places. This is rediculous I just want to upload my resume on your dumb site and apply to a few jobs.
good workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 March 2018
good work hours. good salary with increases. opportunities for advancement. they really want you to do well. there is some nepotism at university of toronto.
Not so Great
NSERC Post-doctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 March 2018
No real benefits for post-docs, lowly paid, no professional advancement. Stressful work culture. Other universities are better in terms of benefits and overall improvement in post-doctoral experience.
Very fun place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENATIVE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 March 2018
very fun, good management, lots of career advancements. i loved working here since work life balance was superb and i had lots of fun with my co-workers.
Great worklife balance
HR Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2018
UofT is a great place to work. There are many opportunities for growth along with great benefits and competitive salary. I recommend working for The University of Toronto.
Fairly good work environment
Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 March 2018
Good learning experience but there is no room to grow within this organization. Simply hired as a contract, to get work done seasonly.

I have learned a great deal and it is a good place to work for your first job!
A fantastic place to work at, there is alway something new to learn.
Budget Support Officer (Arts and Science (Current Employee) –  Toronto8 March 2018
Excellent employer. Great benefits such as the defined pension contribution, tuition reimbursement for dependant children and self (though capped), vacation days, professional development courses offered in-house at ODLC etc. There is always something new to learn.

However, in my opinion, UofT adopted policies and structure that hinders career growth rather than encourage it.

Overall, a fantastic place to work at.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Restrictive human resource policies and structure which greatly slows down career growth.
Good place to learn a big kitchen volume.. team work
Cook (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2018
Great place to work with a very professional team of coworkers and fare management. Gives you an idea and feeling that you belong to something big and valuable. You feel safe and secure.
Pros
No need to worry about your lunch
good work place
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2018
get to meet lot of different kind of people and that helped me to gain knowledge about different people and their different nature.
helpful people and always ready to help me out with the resistance i face
Scientific
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2018
Research comprises "creative and systematic work undertaken to increase the stock of knowledge, including knowledge of humans, culture and society, and the use of this stock of knowledge to devise new applications."[1] It is used to establish or confirm facts, reaffirm the results of previous work, solve new or existing problems, support theorems, or develop new theories. A research project may also be an expansion on past work in the field. Research projects can be used to develop further knowledge on a topic, or in the example of a school research project, they can be used to further a student's research prowess to prepare them for future jobs or reports. To test the validity of instruments, procedures, or experiments, research may replicate elements of prior projects or the project as a whole.
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
N/a
Stable but boring job
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 February 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job: remotely work
The hardest part of the job: intensive working hour during exam period
Professional workplace culture
A great place to work
Assistant to the Registrar (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 February 2018
Worked for the former registrar who made a truly comfortable and equitable work environment, despite the influence of some external office politics that at times, made for some unpleasant situations.
Cons
Office Politics
Great experience
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 February 2018
It provides you with great flexibility as well as a decent payroll, great way to kick-start your personal training career. I had a great experience with my coworkers as well as managers and have developed an on-going relationships with them.
It was volunteer job
WCSA Equity Director (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 February 2018
This was volunteer job. I still work here. The community is a great one but you do a lot of work for free. Its not based on getting hired. It is a great experience overall though.
Large university with many opportunities
Learning Specialist, Faculty of Information (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 February 2018
The University of Toronto Libraries offers many opportunities, but they are highly sought after, and therefore the job applications are extremely competitive.