University of Toronto Employee Reviews

Giving Back to the Community while Reviewing for Class
AccessAbility Resource Centre Volunteer Notetaker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 June 2018
This position is a chance for you to give people with special accommodations a chance to stay afloat in class, while giving you the ability to review class notes while getting volunteer hours and a certificate of recognition at the end of the semester. You will also be granted letters of recommendations should you need them - simply ask!

This position does not really take time out of your day, since you can take your notes for class and then upload them straight to the AccessAbility Resource Centre database. It is a good way to study your notes as well as help other people with special needs review course concepts that they have trouble with.

Management is very prompt, and the main office is accessible. There is always someone available to help you when you go in. Emails are the main form of communication, so check often!
Pros
Review notes, help others, volunteer hours, certificate of recognition, easy access to letters of recommendation
Cons
Requires self-discipline and a regular uploading
Professional workplace
Exam Invigilator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2018
I learned how to organize and work well in a team. I improved my public speaking and time management skills. My colleagues were pleasant to work with. Overall, I had an enjoyable experience.
great experience but temporary
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 June 2018
I had a great time teaching and helping out students with their assignments and understanding of the course. However, it was tough at times with a lot of pressure being exerted from students and managements with many tests and assignments to mark within such a limited time. It was worth the experience at the end.
Photography
PHOTOGRAPHER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 June 2018
I enjoyed the work here and had a great time learning new skills
It was a comfortble environment to work in and I learned a lot from the team that I was apart of.
Pros
nice staff
Cons
no guidelines
Very rewarding
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 June 2018
Very intellectually stimulating environment where I had the opportunity to leave an impact on the people I worked with, and they on me. I was hired as a TA without any job training, and had to adapt myself to teach the classes from the start. It went well, and students oftentimes stayed after class to discuss with me. They told me they learned more from me than they did from their own professors.
Amazing learining experience
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 June 2018
Great place, with great professor. The environment is perfect for you to grow personnaly and deepen my knowledge. I have met great people there that helped me a lot. Carreer center is great, with many workshops that hel you be ready to work, to apply to work.
Pros
Classes
Cons
N/a
low salary
Post Doctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 June 2018
working at University of Toronto is a privilege. the work environment is very friendly and academic base. however the salary is too low for highly educated people for living in a expensive city like Toronto.
Pros
academic environment
Cons
very low salary
Hostile employees
Postdoctoral fellow (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 June 2018
Workplace culture is extremely hostile. People are very unhelpful and rude. Bosses are extremely condescending and demotivating. The only plus is flexible work hours.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor workplace culture
Slow work environment but good pay and benefits
Chemistry Department, Business Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 June 2018
Very relaxed workplace culture
I learned how to use sentryfile, better understanding of microsoft office. handled with buyers/sellers and did month end reports submitted to professors at uoft
Pros
Lunch hours are paid
great
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 May 2018
awesome place to study good culture. the city is great a lot of things to do. The school has great profs and they are all talented. There is a lot of reasons to go here
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Excellent academic environment to grow professionally
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 May 2018
Working as a teaching assistant, I have been able to gain many resources to facilitate others learning Spanish as a second or third language. The method we follow produces third-year students who can hold a conversation and understand or write a more complex speech. Sometimes the workload is significant for everyone, but as everything is well suited for students and teachers, the learning process gets achieved.
Great Environment
Archivist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 May 2018
After studying at UTSC for 6 years I can say that it has been an absolute pleasure to now work there part-time. Much of the staff and faculty that I got to know as a student I can now get to know better as a fellow employee. Everyone in the ACM department is extremely helpful and willing to listen. I really want to work here full-time so I will be keeping an ear out for available positions down the road. Working for a University means that you are around like-minded people who want to learn, push themselves and help others.
Best place ever
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 May 2018
Very professional and top ranked university.
The best organisation to build your career. Flexible professors and very polite environment to work.
I had a very nice time with my team there.
Pros
good resources
Productive and self-fulfilling job
Student Success Assistant, Communications (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 May 2018
Workplace culture is great. The office deals with identifying and assisting students with course enrollment, registration, financial assistance, and professional advising.
This is an experience in club activity
Senior member in CSSA (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 May 2018
CSSA is known as Chinese Students and Scholar Association. I as a senior member of this club. In the past one year, other than actively completing works in Marketing Department including making and sending advertisment of our club activities, I participated in the Spring Festival Show of 2018 and was responsible for the PowerPoint playing and making.
Fun workplace
Facility Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 May 2018
Staff was welcoming and friendly. However, pay and hours were not flexible as a student.
Would recommend to individuals who are looking for a job at the university
Strong place for career advancement
Communications Assitant (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON3 May 2018
An environment with supportive coworkers and management that provide space for personal and professional growth. The workplace is filled with creative individuals that appreciate the job.
Great job
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2018
This job is great for graduate students and pays well to get you through your education. Staff are friendly, work atmosphere is professional. Always interesting.
Pros
pay rate
Cons
amazing workplace with interactive people
Assistant to finance director, Orphan run (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2018
was an amazing experience working at orphan run. i learnt the skills of management in terms of finance. the culture was very welcoming and made me feel very comfortable from the day i started
Cool place
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 April 2018
Great school, and very great experience to have there its cool and i love it. just like how i love ice cream. would recommend for sure i promise you. its like heaven on earth