University of Toronto Employee Reviews

low salary
Post Doctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 June 2018
working at University of Toronto is a privilege. the work environment is very friendly and academic base. however the salary is too low for highly educated people for living in a expensive city like Toronto.
Pros
academic environment
Cons
very low salary
Hostile employees
Postdoctoral fellow (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 June 2018
Workplace culture is extremely hostile. People are very unhelpful and rude. Bosses are extremely condescending and demotivating. The only plus is flexible work hours.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor workplace culture
Slow work environment but good pay and benefits
Chemistry Department, Business Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 June 2018
Very relaxed workplace culture
I learned how to use sentryfile, better understanding of microsoft office. handled with buyers/sellers and did month end reports submitted to professors at uoft
Pros
Lunch hours are paid
great
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 May 2018
awesome place to study good culture. the city is great a lot of things to do. The school has great profs and they are all talented. There is a lot of reasons to go here
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Excellent academic environment to grow professionally
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 May 2018
Working as a teaching assistant, I have been able to gain many resources to facilitate others learning Spanish as a second or third language. The method we follow produces third-year students who can hold a conversation and understand or write a more complex speech. Sometimes the workload is significant for everyone, but as everything is well suited for students and teachers, the learning process gets achieved.
Great Environment
Archivist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 May 2018
After studying at UTSC for 6 years I can say that it has been an absolute pleasure to now work there part-time. Much of the staff and faculty that I got to know as a student I can now get to know better as a fellow employee. Everyone in the ACM department is extremely helpful and willing to listen. I really want to work here full-time so I will be keeping an ear out for available positions down the road. Working for a University means that you are around like-minded people who want to learn, push themselves and help others.
Best place ever
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 May 2018
Very professional and top ranked university.
The best organisation to build your career. Flexible professors and very polite environment to work.
I had a very nice time with my team there.
Pros
good resources
Productive and self-fulfilling job
Student Success Assistant, Communications (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 May 2018
Workplace culture is great. The office deals with identifying and assisting students with course enrollment, registration, financial assistance, and professional advising.
This is an experience in club activity
Senior member in CSSA (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 May 2018
CSSA is known as Chinese Students and Scholar Association. I as a senior member of this club. In the past one year, other than actively completing works in Marketing Department including making and sending advertisment of our club activities, I participated in the Spring Festival Show of 2018 and was responsible for the PowerPoint playing and making.
Fun workplace
Facility Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 May 2018
Staff was welcoming and friendly. However, pay and hours were not flexible as a student.
Would recommend to individuals who are looking for a job at the university
Strong place for career advancement
Communications Assitant (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON3 May 2018
An environment with supportive coworkers and management that provide space for personal and professional growth. The workplace is filled with creative individuals that appreciate the job.
Great job
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2018
This job is great for graduate students and pays well to get you through your education. Staff are friendly, work atmosphere is professional. Always interesting.
Pros
pay rate
Cons
amazing workplace with interactive people
Assistant to finance director, Orphan run (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2018
was an amazing experience working at orphan run. i learnt the skills of management in terms of finance. the culture was very welcoming and made me feel very comfortable from the day i started
Cool place
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 April 2018
Great school, and very great experience to have there its cool and i love it. just like how i love ice cream. would recommend for sure i promise you. its like heaven on earth
Great for Graduate School
Gross Anatomy and Neuroanatomy Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 April 2018
The University of Toronto is a top research institution in Canada, and gives students access to a wide variety of top-class researchers. The workplace culture can differ based on lab/departments, but there are a lot of extra-curricular activities to do and try.
collegial supportive work environment
Senior Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2018
This is an excellent place to work and learn to grow professionally.
The people are intelligent and very supportive. The benefits are excellent and salaries are reasonable.
Pros
people, intellectual resources
Job not as advertised
Special Events Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga Valley, ON21 April 2018
The Assistant director is very unhelpful. The job advertised was not the job that I thought I was applying for. Lots of problems with old systems that do not interact with each other.
Benefits
Cons
Travel
Great!
Meditation instructor and Mindfulness counsellor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2018
I have enjoyed working in the mindful moments program at U of T very much. Both the students and staff have been a pleasure to teach! I have learned a good deal about structuring meditations and teaching mindfulness. This environment has also taught me to manage a diverse crowd while teaching.
Fun time teaching
Teaching Assistant and Guest Lecturer (Former Employee) –  UofT19 April 2018
I had a great time teaching at UofT. It was a great opportunity to transfer my knowledge to other students and an excellent practice to improve my public speaking.
Inclusive and Innovative work place
Work Term Student (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 April 2018
I had the chance to exercise my leadership skills and to be in positions to take important decisions for events to run smoothly. I was also in charge of collaborating with other clubs on campus to efficiently promote our activities.