University of Toronto Employee Review

View all University of Toronto reviews

A workplace that has nice co-workers
Caretaker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 September 2013
A typical day at work would include cleaning washrooms, emptying out garbage bins , cleaning offices , vacuuming , wiping down tables. I have learned in the 9 years I have been at the University that unfortunately some management that work there treat their employees like they are uneducated and beneath them. I believe that management should be boosting their workers morale instead of crushing it. The hardest part of my job would have to be the hours, I work Sun-Thurs from 11:00pm-7:30am so it's tough to have a normal life. I would much rather prefer morning shifts then nights shifts. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people and getting to hear all their stories and past experiences in life.
Pros
Union, Benefits, Job Security, Hourly Wage
Cons
Night Shift Hours

Other University of Toronto Employee Reviews

Great Environment
Archivist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 May 2018
After studying at UTSC for 6 years I can say that it has been an absolute pleasure to now work there part-time. Much of the staff and faculty that I got to know as a student I can now get to know better as a fellow employee. Everyone in the ACM department is extremely helpful and willing to listen. I really want to work here full-time so I will be keeping an ear out for available positions down the road. Working for a University means that you are around like-minded people who want to learn, push themselves and help others.
Best place ever
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 May 2018
Very professional and top ranked university.
The best organisation to build your career. Flexible professors and very polite environment to work.
I had a very nice time with my team there.
Pros
good resources
Cons