University of Toronto Employee Review

View all University of Toronto reviews

A great learning experience about working in a lab
UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2018
My research internship was beneficial to me as it taught me the fundamentals of working in a lab. How different it is from the industry and what skills I need to succeed at that level. I enjoyed the challenges which came to me in terms of design.

Other University of Toronto Employee Reviews

A quality education
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 February 2018
I found my experience extremely rewarding by maintaining a mindset of always keeping up with the work, not slacking off and starting all assignments well in advance. Focusing on school work early gave me a lot of opportunities later on and allowed me to get involved in extracurricular activities without worrying about my grades. Finally, many of the professors in the biology department are knowledgeable and helpful if they recognise the students are struggling.
very good place to work
Welder-research assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2018
I worked in the structural labs for 6 tears an loved it there, very laid back atmosphere, was very sad when I was let go because of budget cutbacks- a couple of us were let go, staff and workplace conditions were excellent there.
Pros
shorter hours in the summer with the same pay
Cons
job security based on research grants