University of Toronto Employee Review

View all University of Toronto reviews

Productive and innovative
Research Assistant (RA) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2017
It was a spectacular experience for me as a new-comer to update my professional knowledge and to familiarize with Canadian work environment. Working on mine site was another advantage of working with UOFT.
Pros
dynamic work environment
Cons
low salary

Other University of Toronto Employee Reviews

A quality education
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 February 2018
I found my experience extremely rewarding by maintaining a mindset of always keeping up with the work, not slacking off and starting all assignments well in advance. Focusing on school work early gave me a lot of opportunities later on and allowed me to get involved in extracurricular activities without worrying about my grades. Finally, many of the professors in the biology department are knowledgeable and helpful if they recognise the students are struggling.
very good place to work
Welder-research assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2018
I worked in the structural labs for 6 tears an loved it there, very laid back atmosphere, was very sad when I was let go because of budget cutbacks- a couple of us were let go, staff and workplace conditions were excellent there.
Pros
shorter hours in the summer with the same pay
Cons
job security based on research grants