University of Toronto Employee Review

View all University of Toronto reviews

Challenging and rewarding learning opportunity
Stage Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2014
Working as a stage manager for the Leigha Lee Browne Theatre at the University of Toronto - Scarborough Campus, I worked frequently between and after my classes there. I learned how to manage a variety of different goals and expectations from a number of sources while still maintaining my own integrity and values. I expanded and grew upon my skills in managing a large team of over 20 peers working in the production. Part of my job was often to act as a medium between upper-level employees in leadership positions and actors in less artistically decisive positions. The hardest part of this work was to organize a multitude of schedules in a way that worked collectively for the entire group. I would say the most enjoyable part of this work was growing as a team that worked to pursue the same goals for themselves and each other.
Pros
Teamwork opportunities and rewarding experiences
Cons
Long hours and often unfair pay rates

Other University of Toronto Employee Reviews

Job not as advertised
Special Events Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga Valley, ON21 April 2018
The Assistant director is very unhelpful. The job advertised was not the job that I thought I was applying for. Lots of problems with old systems that do not interact with each other.
Pros
Benefits
Cons
Travel
Great!
Meditation instructor and Mindfulness counsellor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2018
I have enjoyed working in the mindful moments program at U of T very much. Both the students and staff have been a pleasure to teach! I have learned a good deal about structuring meditations and teaching mindfulness. This environment has also taught me to manage a diverse crowd while teaching.