University of Toronto Employee Reviews for Research Student

See reviews about:
Lab assistant
Research Assistant (Student Placement) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 July 2017
Interesting, you learn a lot if you volunteer at a lab.

Other employees, volunteers are interesting and intelligent people to work with. People are professional.
Pros
Professional, interesting, intellectually stimulating
A place full of talented and amazing people
Volunteer / Research Opportunity Program student (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 September 2016
• Conducted tests and interviews, analyzed and entered data, and transcribed and translated interviews for several ongoing psychology studies in the Applied Psychology Department.
• Assisted in running Friendship Across Cultures intervention program. Responsible for running discussion and activity sections on acculturation each week at a local school.
• Together with a partner, conducted a research on friendship analysis on Canadian students and international students.
Challenging work
Summer Research Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2016
A typical day involved finding a module written in C, and making it programmable using a block with appropriate UI.

I had no co-workers and very little guidance.
Pros
Not micromanaged
Cons
no coworkers
It is my master project
Research Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2016
I am appreciated to study under my supervisor in University of Toronto and co-supervisor in Toronto General Hospital. I strengthen my project management skill and time management skill. My colleagues are professional and helpful. It is a great opportunities to meet everyone.
Very Productive
Research Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2015
I was always kept busy. I have learned at lot from working at kfc. It was a great place to start your working experience. I would recommend kfc
Very productive work environment
Research Student in Human Biology (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 February 2015
Very productive and supporting atmosphere to work. Enjoyed all the projects that I completed at the University of Toronto. Made many friends and obtained recognition for my research.
Scholastic Environment
Research Student (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 December 2013
Open door mindset, a typical academic institution. No animosity but must be willing to ensure your projects are of the upmost quality.