University of Toronto Employee Reviews for Post-doctoral Fellow

Hostile employees
Postdoctoral fellow (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 June 2018
Workplace culture is extremely hostile. People are very unhelpful and rude. Bosses are extremely condescending and demotivating. The only plus is flexible work hours.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor workplace culture
Not so Great
NSERC Post-doctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 March 2018
No real benefits for post-docs, lowly paid, no professional advancement. Stressful work culture. Other universities are better in terms of benefits and overall improvement in post-doctoral experience.
Best place to learn and engage in research
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 December 2017
I highly recommend University of Toronto to anyone who is looking for cutting-edge technology development where you work under the supervision of world-class professors. University of Toronto is a very good place where you can start your professional career.
Excellent
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 September 2017
I love University of Toronto, and I had a great time to work here. I have to leave here because as a postdoctoral fellow my salary is low and I decided to leave here to find a higher salary job in industry.
Prestigious Academic Institution
Post-Doctoral Fellow, Rotman School of Management (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 July 2017
Your experience will vary immensely depending on where in the university you are working. Post-docs in the humanities generally have an abysmal time, but things are much better in the sciences.
Pros
Extremely flexible working hours.
Cons
Asocial workplace culture.
One of the best places for research and developing new ideas
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2016
I worked with very smart people and very good and helpful supervisor. I have learned very technical solution when I worked there. I improved my skills and updated my ability to get a new job.
Enjoyed working with talented people
Post-Doctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2015
Various research facilities in hand and working with talented people was fun and inspiring. I honed grant writing and communication skills at work.
Challenging yet exciting
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2015
It's a place to grow, learn and be part of a bigger family of researchers, and students. It can be hard to keep up sometimes, but the experience is worth it.
Intellectually stimulating and dynamic work place
Postdoctoral Researcher & Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2015
The best part of working here as a researcher is the people. I work with incredibly talented people on very hard and interesting problems in theoretical physics.
Pros
Lots of bright people and visitors come by often
Cons
The pay is not great
life at my research lab
Postdoctoral Fellow Research (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 August 2014
Usually, I make a plan for whole week to manage my research better, since I am involving in 4 main projects. of which I handle two projects myself and supervise my students who are working on others. we have meeting every week and specially before initiating any major experiments to review all steps and per-preparation of material. My co-workers are very nice and helpful. we have good and productive discussion on our scientific concerns and also social activity. the later I think is very important for progressing in research.

The most enjoyable part of my job is good results, as I am metabolic engineer and try to modify organisms to show desire behavior.
Pros
nice social and scientific enviroment
Cons
Long way to reach at work place at downtown
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2013
 Managed preclinical evaluation of therapeutic ultrasound in combination with anti-cancer agents, e
 Applied advanced imaging tools to validate biomarkers for monitoring effective treatments
 Supervised/trained students, managed laboratory projects