University of Toronto Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Great place to jump up your career
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2019
Fantastic university, great place to carry out your research in a very professional environment. People around you will motivate you in a constructive way. Toronto is an expensive but very enjoyable city.
Pros
Grate workplace
Cons
Expensive
Love my school
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 January 2019
Nice partners and professors, enjoying working with my classmates. The resources are wonderful and the services are perfect. Multicultural environment.
Nice place for research and development
Visiting Researcher/ Elect.l and Comp. Eng. (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 January 2019
Nice place for research and development. I am carrying research on emerging technologies in digital and mobile. Nice combination of electrical and computer centered researched
Great lab great facility
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 January 2019
The professor and students there are excellent and supportive. They can provide great help when you face challenges and troubles. Pepple are extremely smart.
Amazing environment
Varsity Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2019
Staff are energetic, great work life balance.

Flexibility in schedule and work from home mobility. Really understand the needs of their employees and how best to cater to them in a sustainable environment.
Fun and relaxing
Communication Conversation Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 January 2019
Enjoyed the team and study-school balance. Thoroughly enjoyed the management as they were all welcoming and fun. Will always recommend other students to work part time here.
Supportive Co-workers with laissez faire leadership
Communications Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2019
Job security was precarious with minimal supervision and support from department heads. There was minimal communication between the associates and the head of the department. Which caused unrealistic time and work expectations for administrative staff.
Avoid drama and go with the flow
University of Toronto Cosplay Club President (Former Employee) –  27 King's College Cir, Toronto, ON M5S15 January 2019
The hardest part of this job when there was drama, and trying to help each person affected caused lots of stress on the exec team.
The most enjoyable was being able to teach and reach out to people who like to cosplay and show them some skills that would be useful.
There is no pay.
NSERC research fellow (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 January 2019
Amazing place to work, I got to do many different projects. Coworkers were amazing. Time is flexible, as long as I do the 40 per week I can come at 9 or 10, leave at 5 or 6 etc. Lunch time is flexible too.

Cons: The grad student I worked with was a bit of a micromanager
Wage is low, I got under 6000 for 4 months of work
Pros
Get to work on lots of different things
Cons
Low wage
Excellent Institution with good professors
U of T Student Mentor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 December 2018
The professors are generally very intelligent industry leaders. Classes are well planned and syllabus is typically fully covered.
Tuition is generally very expensive.
Pros
good professors, good people, nice location
Cons
expensive tuition

Want to know more about University of Toronto?

Ask a question
Highly competitive but still can have fun
Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 December 2018
UofT is ranked no 1 in Canada and the social work program is ranked top 20th in North America. UofT is highly competitive and productive. Working in here can learn a lot from the best.
research lab
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 December 2018
provides resources on the national and international level to expand on your learning, experience and helps connect with other professionals in the same field.
Productive with supportive people
Translator and Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2018
So far I enjoy working at this department. As I get to work with different dialects and people through transcriptions/translations.
I get to meet a lot of new students from around the world by working with them online when they send me links to work on.
Pros
non-provided lunch
Cons
casualty
Never got paid
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 November 2018
It was a good experience got to help a professour out. I Organized their paperwork for writing assignments plantar calendar for interviews and called and kept tract of the people that were to be interviewed.
Pros
Organization Is a must
Cons
Dont pay good
Grad student/TA/Post doc
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 November 2018
Great employer, the positions I had however meant hard times. From what I can glean from the full time employed and the professors, University of Toronto seems like a pretty good employer.
Hard working no life balance
Senior Research Associate, Donnelly Centre (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2018
Great institution! Good Benefits and salaries.
Bad work/life balance.
Bad to help find new jobs.

Worked really hard for years... at the and the lab had no funding and I had to leave.
Benefits
Cons
no balance
Learning experience
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 November 2018
Great experience, learned from experts. Good environment. Management culture differs in departments, but usually managers are supportive. Working with students was fulfilling.
Excellent Graduate Education
COURSE INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2018
Overall the university provided me with extensive training that will serve me well in both academic and non-academic settings. This training included experience with qualitative and quantitative methodologies and modes of data analysis as well as a strong theoretical background.
The entire experience this awesome.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2018
The entire experience this awesome. At University of Toronto, you could work together with a lot of talents and learn form them. You could also work with many talented professors.
There's work to be done.
Universal Design for Learning Strategist (Former Employee) –  Impact Centre: University of Toronto29 October 2018
Grateful for the opportunity. Looking forward to more time to consult and offer my services.

Hardest part: sexual harassment culture.

The work environment is comprised of a multiplicity of aspects. I'd like to support workplaces and educational environments with sexual harassment best practices and other best practices. There was an incident that occurred this past summer where I had to stop working completely, and my contract ended as a consultant. This was during my caregiving to my mother who has a brain tumour. This was not handled well. There is work to be done.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
No comment