University of Toronto Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

fun place
Junior Procurement Officer (Student Placement) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 August 2018
It was a great place to work at. I truly enjoyed my position very much so. It has taught me allot about my career path and made it much easier for me to know what i like in a career.
Finance Assistant
Faculty of Music (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 August 2018
I have worked at the University of Toronto for most of my work career. You have the opportunity to constantly learn what you need to know for your job, move up the ranks.
Pros
Learning, family/work balance is encouraged, good benefits
Teacher's assistant
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2018
It is a great opportunity for me to work as a teacher's assistant in two courses (economics and statistics). My main responsibilities included hosting TA office hours, pre exam review sessions and proctoring during mid term and final examination.
Highly intense job which enhanced my soft and organization skills
On-site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 August 2018
It was a very stress-intense job which required to be on-call every day. It provided an opportunity to demonstrate my organization and communicative skills with students and various national companies.
Not Good
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 August 2018
Not a good place to work at.
I honestly did not enjoy my time there.
I was a seasonal employee and they did not treat me like i was part of the team.

They never called me back.
Pros
Nothing!
Cons
horrible discounts
Student employment ok for the money
Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 July 2018
I worked as a Teacher's aid so this was only part time and to supplement my tuition. The professors I worked with were fair and helpful. I did have a good experience with their classes.
Fun and casual
Event Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 July 2018
- Help me enhance my customer service skills and patience
- Met a lot of awesome people and co-workers
- Atmosphere was very casual
- Supervisors were very nice and understanding
Pros
Sometimes food is provided
Cons
Inconsistent scheduling
Great place to work in
Service worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2018
One of the best places I ever worked in. It covers all my needs, very diverse and a place for everyone. Good wages and allows employees to work and save towards their futures.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Not enough hours if you wanted more
Adjunct Lecturer - not paid staff
ADJUNCT LECTURER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 July 2018
I truly enjoy the team at School of Rehabilitation Sciences; mine is a volunteer role but would love to continue in a paid role sometime in the future. Look forward to each and every interaction with this team!
Pros
Great collaborative team
great
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 July 2018
Great staff great management, i had a great experiences working in UOFT.the only issue I had was lack of security in extension of my contract, There is no unity between the Union and the supervisor, so my job as a temporary staff was not evaluated fairly and properly.
Professional workplace
Exam Invigilator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2018
I learned how to organize and work well in a team. I improved my public speaking and time management skills. My colleagues were pleasant to work with. Overall, I had an enjoyable experience.
Photography
PHOTOGRAPHER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 June 2018
I enjoyed the work here and had a great time learning new skills
It was a comfortble environment to work in and I learned a lot from the team that I was apart of.
Pros
nice staff
Cons
no guidelines
Very rewarding
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 June 2018
Very intellectually stimulating environment where I had the opportunity to leave an impact on the people I worked with, and they on me. I was hired as a TA without any job training, and had to adapt myself to teach the classes from the start. It went well, and students oftentimes stayed after class to discuss with me. They told me they learned more from me than they did from their own professors.
Amazing learining experience
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 June 2018
Great place, with great professor. The environment is perfect for you to grow personnaly and deepen my knowledge. I have met great people there that helped me a lot. Carreer center is great, with many workshops that hel you be ready to work, to apply to work.
Pros
Classes
Cons
N/a
low salary
Post Doctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 June 2018
working at University of Toronto is a privilege. the work environment is very friendly and academic base. however the salary is too low for highly educated people for living in a expensive city like Toronto.
Pros
academic environment
Cons
very low salary
Hostile employees
Postdoctoral fellow (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 June 2018
Workplace culture is extremely hostile. People are very unhelpful and rude. Bosses are extremely condescending and demotivating. The only plus is flexible work hours.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor workplace culture
Slow work environment but good pay and benefits
Chemistry Department, Business Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 June 2018
Very relaxed workplace culture
I learned how to use sentryfile, better understanding of microsoft office. handled with buyers/sellers and did month end reports submitted to professors at uoft
Pros
Lunch hours are paid
great
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 May 2018
awesome place to study good culture. the city is great a lot of things to do. The school has great profs and they are all talented. There is a lot of reasons to go here
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Excellent academic environment to grow professionally
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 May 2018
Working as a teaching assistant, I have been able to gain many resources to facilitate others learning Spanish as a second or third language. The method we follow produces third-year students who can hold a conversation and understand or write a more complex speech. Sometimes the workload is significant for everyone, but as everything is well suited for students and teachers, the learning process gets achieved.
Great Environment
Archivist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 May 2018
After studying at UTSC for 6 years I can say that it has been an absolute pleasure to now work there part-time. Much of the staff and faculty that I got to know as a student I can now get to know better as a fellow employee. Everyone in the ACM department is extremely helpful and willing to listen. I really want to work here full-time so I will be keeping an ear out for available positions down the road. Working for a University means that you are around like-minded people who want to learn, push themselves and help others.