University of Toronto Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Excellent Graduate Education
COURSE INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2018
Overall the university provided me with extensive training that will serve me well in both academic and non-academic settings. This training included experience with qualitative and quantitative methodologies and modes of data analysis as well as a strong theoretical background.
The entire experience this awesome.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2018
The entire experience this awesome. At University of Toronto, you could work together with a lot of talents and learn form them. You could also work with many talented professors.
There's work to be done.
Universal Design for Learning Strategist (Former Employee) –  Impact Centre: University of Toronto29 October 2018
Grateful for the opportunity. Looking forward to more time to consult and offer my services.

Hardest part: sexual harassment culture.

The work environment is comprised of a multiplicity of aspects. I'd like to support workplaces and educational environments with sexual harassment best practices and other best practices. There was an incident that occurred this past summer where I had to stop working completely, and my contract ended as a consultant. This was during my caregiving to my mother who has a brain tumour. This was not handled well. There is work to be done.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
No comment
Is OK, besides long procedures
Senior Developer contract (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 October 2018
When is urgent they act really effective and fast. Then is not urgent everything is done so it became so.
A typical day includes at least one meeting. Management is fine, as well as workplace culture and overall environment is safe.
Workplace culture
Senior Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 October 2018
It was amazing. The staff members were very friendly, and I learned a lot of new things. I had been given many opportunities to learn new procedures and take on new tasks, which I had appreciate.
Fun place to work
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2018
A typical day at work involves restocking, merchandising, tidying and customer service. Workplace culture is friendly and inclusive and is one of the best parts of the job.
Fun
Student Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 September 2018
It's a pretty good university job. Very flexible, the people are nice. Hardest part? The monotony. Most enjoyable part has to be the people, you meet a plethora of interesting characters.
Good work-life balance
Operations (DBA) and Technical Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2018
Regularly rated Top employer
Good-Very Good Benefits
Large de-centralized organizational structure
Positive and enthusiastic workplace culture
Productive fast paced and fun enviorment.
Building Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2018
Friendly and challenging working with guests and tenants looking after building maintenance needs. Problem solving, working with various tools keeping building in tip top shape.
Pros
Free Lunches and Dental.
Cons
Limitations in working in a Unionzed enviorment.
Very productive and knowledgeable team
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2018
All of the co-workers with whom I worked had powerful experiences behind them and they were always willing to leverage their strengths to ensure that only the best work is put forth for any project
Productive, passionate, and innovative laboratory with excellent team cohesion!
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2018
Typical day at work started at 9am and ended at 5pm at minimum. The laboratory culture is outstanding, with older, more experienced researchers who are willing to share what they know with younger passionate researchers. The laboratory is managed by post-docs and their head professor, who are all welcoming to new researchers. In my time, I had extensive practice with coding in C++ and Python, along with ROS for controlling mobile-robotic autonomous systems. The workplace culture motivates you to be productive.
Pros
Knowledge gain
Cons
Long Hours
meh
Strength & Conditioning Coach (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 September 2018
this was an okay place to work. culture seems off. they try to force that everyone is grinding, try to force employees and peers to fight against each other
Pros
reputation
Cons
unhappy
Good Side Gig
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 September 2018
As a teaching assistant your experience depends entirely on the professor you are working with. if you get along and are familiar with their working style then this is a good job to have. There isn't much growth opportunity, it is a side job.
Pros
working remotely
Cons
tight deadlines
Very Productive
Graduate Student Legal Conference - Presenter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 September 2018
A great university to work for. The workplace culture is incredible with a very inclusive and supportive group of individuals. The work hours were flexible.
Graduate student
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 August 2018
Work experience differs significantly depending on your supervisor. Each lab is very independent.

I was a part of a union that negotiated pretty good benefits.
Low key environment
Membership Services (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 August 2018
Not much to do until customers come around. Just have to process as memberships and services for customers as well as some administration work for the faculty of kinesiology.
good
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 August 2018
good place to work, learned a lot of skills such as how to convey your ideas to other people.Also, learned a lot of sills in research and academic field.
Great place
fair pay
pay on time
part time job
great for students
Fast paced clinic, friendly staff
Health and Wellness Centre Intern (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2018
Interning was exciting because it gave me a chance to do a lot of work on my own. Staff are often busy, so it gave me a chance to learn and gain research experience on my own with little assistance from others.
fun place
Junior Procurement Officer (Student Placement) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 August 2018
It was a great place to work at. I truly enjoyed my position very much so. It has taught me allot about my career path and made it much easier for me to know what i like in a career.