University of Toronto Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Great Environment
Archivist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 May 2018
After studying at UTSC for 6 years I can say that it has been an absolute pleasure to now work there part-time. Much of the staff and faculty that I got to know as a student I can now get to know better as a fellow employee. Everyone in the ACM department is extremely helpful and willing to listen. I really want to work here full-time so I will be keeping an ear out for available positions down the road. Working for a University means that you are around like-minded people who want to learn, push themselves and help others.
Best place ever
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 May 2018
Very professional and top ranked university.
The best organisation to build your career. Flexible professors and very polite environment to work.
I had a very nice time with my team there.
Pros
good resources
Cons
This is an experience in club activity
Senior member in CSSA (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 May 2018
CSSA is known as Chinese Students and Scholar Association. I as a senior member of this club. In the past one year, other than actively completing works in Marketing Department including making and sending advertisment of our club activities, I participated in the Spring Festival Show of 2018 and was responsible for the PowerPoint playing and making.
Fun workplace
Facility Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 May 2018
Staff was welcoming and friendly. However, pay and hours were not flexible as a student.
Would recommend to individuals who are looking for a job at the university
Great job
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2018
This job is great for graduate students and pays well to get you through your education. Staff are friendly, work atmosphere is professional. Always interesting.
Pros
pay rate
Cons
amazing workplace with interactive people
Assistant to finance director, Orphan run (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2018
was an amazing experience working at orphan run. i learnt the skills of management in terms of finance. the culture was very welcoming and made me feel very comfortable from the day i started
Great for Graduate School
Gross Anatomy and Neuroanatomy Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 April 2018
The University of Toronto is a top research institution in Canada, and gives students access to a wide variety of top-class researchers. The workplace culture can differ based on lab/departments, but there are a lot of extra-curricular activities to do and try.
collegial supportive work environment
Senior Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2018
This is an excellent place to work and learn to grow professionally.
The people are intelligent and very supportive. The benefits are excellent and salaries are reasonable.
Pros
people, intellectual resources
Great!
Meditation instructor and Mindfulness counsellor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2018
I have enjoyed working in the mindful moments program at U of T very much. Both the students and staff have been a pleasure to teach! I have learned a good deal about structuring meditations and teaching mindfulness. This environment has also taught me to manage a diverse crowd while teaching.
Good place to improve mentorship skills.
Student Liaison (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2018
Fellow colleagues were kind and fun to be around. Overall it was not a very stimulating job but I enjoyed being able to give advice to first year students and participate in the co-curricular events.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Application Processing (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2018
Working at Comparative Education Services at the University of Toronto was enjoyable, as work staff were great and the environment was one of great positivity. Working at CES taught me valuable language and interaction skills, while giving me an opportunity to delve into global education systems.
nice place to work,good people
Service Worker Caretaking (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2018
Working at The University of Toronto is exciting and very challenging,I deal with different kind of people with different culture ,
People are nice and very professional,The staff are friendly and very accommodating.I enjoyed working at the University..I learned a lot
Not so Great
NSERC Post-doctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 March 2018
No real benefits for post-docs, lowly paid, no professional advancement. Stressful work culture. Other universities are better in terms of benefits and overall improvement in post-doctoral experience.
Very fun place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENATIVE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 March 2018
very fun, good management, lots of career advancements. i loved working here since work life balance was superb and i had lots of fun with my co-workers.
Great worklife balance
HR Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2018
UofT is a great place to work. There are many opportunities for growth along with great benefits and competitive salary. I recommend working for The University of Toronto.
Fairly good work environment
Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 March 2018
Good learning experience but there is no room to grow within this organization. Simply hired as a contract, to get work done seasonly.

I have learned a great deal and it is a good place to work for your first job!
A fantastic place to work at, there is alway something new to learn.
Budget Support Officer (Arts and Science (Current Employee) –  Toronto8 March 2018
Excellent employer. Great benefits such as the defined pension contribution, tuition reimbursement for dependant children and self (though capped), vacation days, professional development courses offered in-house at ODLC etc. There is always something new to learn.

However, in my opinion, UofT adopted policies and structure that hinders career growth rather than encourage it.

Overall, a fantastic place to work at.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Restrictive human resource policies and structure which greatly slows down career growth.
Good place to learn a big kitchen volume.. team work
Cook (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2018
Great place to work with a very professional team of coworkers and fare management. Gives you an idea and feeling that you belong to something big and valuable. You feel safe and secure.
Pros
No need to worry about your lunch
good work place
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2018
get to meet lot of different kind of people and that helped me to gain knowledge about different people and their different nature.
helpful people and always ready to help me out with the resistance i face
Scientific
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2018
Research comprises "creative and systematic work undertaken to increase the stock of knowledge, including knowledge of humans, culture and society, and the use of this stock of knowledge to devise new applications."[1] It is used to establish or confirm facts, reaffirm the results of previous work, solve new or existing problems, support theorems, or develop new theories. A research project may also be an expansion on past work in the field. Research projects can be used to develop further knowledge on a topic, or in the example of a school research project, they can be used to further a student's research prowess to prepare them for future jobs or reports. To test the validity of instruments, procedures, or experiments, research may replicate elements of prior projects or the project as a whole.
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
N/a