University of Toronto Employee Reviews in Scarborough, ON

Good to work with professors
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON9 August 2018
It's always nice to communicate with knowledgeable people like professors in UTSC. I had a great time working with them. Sometimes, they will offer me a free lunch or dinner if I work overtime and they are really flexible about the working hours.
Great experience, subpar pay
Residence Advisor (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON16 July 2018
Worked as a residence advisor for 2 years at the Scarborough Campus. Great experience overall, slightly challenging if you're also a full-time student (but manageable), and you're compensated with free boarding. However, there's no compensation beyond a free room. This is incredibly unfair, especially compared to all other residences downtown. Granted they are run by campus-specific administration.
Very helpful environmental science faculty
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON3 July 2018
I worked with a professor on their research. I analyzed and organized data. I was taught how to interpret data and recognize what information is important to the big picture. The professor was very helpful, they always answered my questions and provided me with many resources if I was struggling.
great experience but temporary
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 June 2018
I had a great time teaching and helping out students with their assignments and understanding of the course. However, it was tough at times with a lot of pressure being exerted from students and managements with many tests and assignments to mark within such a limited time. It was worth the experience at the end.
Strong place for career advancement
Communications Assitant (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON3 May 2018
An environment with supportive coworkers and management that provide space for personal and professional growth. The workplace is filled with creative individuals that appreciate the job.
Poll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 April 2018
Helpful people all around. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting different people and the coworker. The environment itself is very friendly all in all
Great place to be
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON23 January 2018
University of Toronto Scarborough is a great place to work at because of the diversity of the population of both students and faculty. It is a supporting and environment with a lot of potential to grow.
Good work for a graduate student.
Teaching assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON18 November 2017
This was a good job for a graduate student. The work was relatively helpful in my learning certain topics that were germane to my dissertation project. It was nice to work with students and guide them through complex works of political philosophy.
very good work experience
Financial Assistant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON5 November 2017
I enjoyed working at U of T Scarborough campus as Financial assistant , I learned a lot in short time. Attended 9 training sessions using SAP system . Workplace culture very friendly , unfortunately it was only for 6 months . I would love to work there again.
Pros
Close to home and, and enjoyed working there
Cons
no cons
A lot of work, but fun
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON4 November 2017
Typical work day is that you go in, check voicemails (usually over 10 from overnight), send a lot of emails, many being to international students, pick up calls asking for program admin information
Great work environment with many tasks to be completed
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 September 2017
There was many tasks to complete during the shift that i worked their. This was a learning oppurtunity that gave me experience and let me look at what university would be like. It was not a job necessarily but we learned many things in the lab like inputing data and working in a tream setting with others.
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON27 August 2017
Very good work, life balance. There is much scope for learning and growth. Excellent work environment. Staff are friendly, approachable and very helpful
very nice place to work at!
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON24 July 2017
The managers and supervisors are such adorable and respectful that you will never feel bored of your job! Everyone who works at this place will definitely miss when they leave.
Cons
very fast paced and busy
Creative atmosphere, supportive colleagues
Marketing and Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON8 June 2017
My time as an intern at UTSC's Department of Communications and Public Affairs was both enjoyable and informative. The team that I worked with were so kind and supportive. I was able to work on different types of assignments - from writing articles to conceptualizing and editing videos for the University's social media pages. It was a creative environment where pitches and suggestions were always welcome.
Pros
Great hours, supportive colleagues
Great flexibility and learning culture
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 May 2017
Main tasks include tutorial teaching, invigilating exams, marking exams and holding office hours. It is a good exposure to communication skills and analytical skills, as you will need to coach students in a classrooms, answer their questions, and standing in front of many students.
Fair and supportive
Exam Invigilator (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 May 2017
Being a TA was one of my best experiences, something I looked forward to everyday. The wage was high, and people were friendly; very easy to get to work.
Educative and Fun
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON26 March 2017
University of Toronto is an excellent place of work especially if you are already a student there. As a teaching assistant I was able to use my own experiences and the knowledge I had gained to guide students to be successful in one of the most difficult undergraduate courses, namely Organic Chemistry!
Productive and fun work environment
Residence Engagement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 March 2017
Amazing to work with the residence life tema. They are all talented students and staff that make the residence experience unique. I was in charge of hosting event for the residence community.
Good Workspace
Consultant and Branding (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON2 March 2017
The University of Toronto is a good and inclusive workspace that I would encourage anyone to apply to. I've learned a great deal about management from seasoned staff and administration, and was also key in teaching me how to balance different portfolios and staff.

Part of my job at U of T was to manage franchises, this involved hiring and firing of staff, budgeting, projections, maintaining assets and protocol with Franchisors. The most difficult aspect of this job could probably be surmised by the sheer amounting moving parts that had to be overseen. But it was worth it, and I learned a great deal from the my supervisors and fellow staff.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
parking
Good
Special Projects Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON22 December 2016
Loved working for University of Toronto. It was a great and welcoming atmosphere and taught me many things. My co-workers were the best. They made the job well worth it.