University of Toronto Employee Reviews in Scarborough, ON

Poll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 April 2018
Helpful people all around. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting different people and the coworker. The environment itself is very friendly all in all
Great place to be
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON23 January 2018
University of Toronto Scarborough is a great place to work at because of the diversity of the population of both students and faculty. It is a supporting and environment with a lot of potential to grow.
Good work for a graduate student.
Teaching assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON18 November 2017
This was a good job for a graduate student. The work was relatively helpful in my learning certain topics that were germane to my dissertation project. It was nice to work with students and guide them through complex works of political philosophy.
very good work experience
Financial Assistant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON5 November 2017
I enjoyed working at U of T Scarborough campus as Financial assistant , I learned a lot in short time. Attended 9 training sessions using SAP system . Workplace culture very friendly , unfortunately it was only for 6 months . I would love to work there again.
Pros
Close to home and, and enjoyed working there
Cons
no cons
A lot of work, but fun
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON4 November 2017
Typical work day is that you go in, check voicemails (usually over 10 from overnight), send a lot of emails, many being to international students, pick up calls asking for program admin information
Great work environment with many tasks to be completed
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 September 2017
There was many tasks to complete during the shift that i worked their. This was a learning oppurtunity that gave me experience and let me look at what university would be like. It was not a job necessarily but we learned many things in the lab like inputing data and working in a tream setting with others.
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON27 August 2017
Very good work, life balance. There is much scope for learning and growth. Excellent work environment. Staff are friendly, approachable and very helpful
very nice place to work at!
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON24 July 2017
The managers and supervisors are such adorable and respectful that you will never feel bored of your job! Everyone who works at this place will definitely miss when they leave.
Cons
very fast paced and busy
Creative atmosphere, supportive colleagues
Marketing and Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON8 June 2017
My time as an intern at UTSC's Department of Communications and Public Affairs was both enjoyable and informative. The team that I worked with were so kind and supportive. I was able to work on different types of assignments - from writing articles to conceptualizing and editing videos for the University's social media pages. It was a creative environment where pitches and suggestions were always welcome.
Pros
Great hours, supportive colleagues
Great flexibility and learning culture
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 May 2017
Main tasks include tutorial teaching, invigilating exams, marking exams and holding office hours. It is a good exposure to communication skills and analytical skills, as you will need to coach students in a classrooms, answer their questions, and standing in front of many students.
Fair and supportive
Exam Invigilator (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 May 2017
Being a TA was one of my best experiences, something I looked forward to everyday. The wage was high, and people were friendly; very easy to get to work.
Educative and Fun
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON26 March 2017
University of Toronto is an excellent place of work especially if you are already a student there. As a teaching assistant I was able to use my own experiences and the knowledge I had gained to guide students to be successful in one of the most difficult undergraduate courses, namely Organic Chemistry!
Productive and fun work environment
Residence Engagement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 March 2017
Amazing to work with the residence life tema. They are all talented students and staff that make the residence experience unique. I was in charge of hosting event for the residence community.
Good Workspace
Consultant and Branding (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON2 March 2017
The University of Toronto is a good and inclusive workspace that I would encourage anyone to apply to. I've learned a great deal about management from seasoned staff and administration, and was also key in teaching me how to balance different portfolios and staff.

Part of my job at U of T was to manage franchises, this involved hiring and firing of staff, budgeting, projections, maintaining assets and protocol with Franchisors. The most difficult aspect of this job could probably be surmised by the sheer amounting moving parts that had to be overseen. But it was worth it, and I learned a great deal from the my supervisors and fellow staff.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
parking
Good
Special Projects Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON22 December 2016
Loved working for University of Toronto. It was a great and welcoming atmosphere and taught me many things. My co-workers were the best. They made the job well worth it.
A very supportive inclusive team
Associate Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON7 November 2016
I am completing my Co-op Term as the HR Associate Coordinator at University of Toronto Scarborough Campus. I help students with their job applications and interviews in one on one appointments. The Student Development Team is very supportive. IT's a fast paced High involvement environment where every employee's opinion and input is encouraged and appreciated.
Overall experience
SCHOOL CARETAKER (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON3 November 2016
I enjoy the people that I worked with. The people were very helpful and productive with their assigned tasks. On a typical day I would clean the washrooms and collect the garbage for the entire school. I enjoyed working alone because I am someone who takes initiative and well timely managed.
Pros
Starting time
Cons
Finished very late at night
AccessAbility Services UTSC is a workplace to avoid but other U of T areas are better
Assistant and Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON25 June 2016
Working at AccessAbility was about constantly walking on eggshells because you never knew when something would trigger the directors' insecurities. It was difficult to ask for support because directors would rudely interrupt employees as they are speaking and say NO or reply with some sort of defensive answer. Although they require good experience and qualifications when hiring, they are not actually interested in having you use that expertise because they themselves get easily defensive at that. AccessAbility Services has a leadership with poor communication abilities and high insecurities. Best to pick another department.
Pros
Friendly students, U of T has good reputation
Cons
poor leadership, poor communication, insecurities in leadership
Great place to work for students.
Soccer Convener (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON18 May 2016
An enjoyable work experience for students at the University. More enjoyable for those that are student-athletes because they get to work in an environment that they are familiar with. Great staff as well.
Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON28 February 2016
A typical day would involve checking notebooks for the students, distributing their quizzes, explaining their tasks for the experiment
Pros
Experience