University of Toronto Employee Reviews in Mississauga, ON

I am Currently a Student enrolled in 5 courses a semester
Student (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 December 2017
This Semester, I am enrolled in Physical Geography, Ecosystems and Environmental Change, Qualitative Research Methods, Digital Mapping and Cartography, and Genetic Variation. My average day is from about 9-4 but i have to study and keep up with readings for about 2- 4 hours a night. During exam season, all I do is study all day in preperation for my exams.
Pros
Great Education
Cons
Expensive Tuition
Great and friendly working environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 September 2017
Hours here are flexible and cater to my needs as a student. Working here helped me make a lot of friends at school and helped me with my time management skills.
Fun place to work with a really good environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 May 2017
Job is easy and very rewarding as the discounts on clothes and textbooks etc are great. Staff is very helpful and provides a great opportunity to learn on the job.
Awesome work environment for students
Library Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  3359 Mississauga Rd, Mississauga, ON L5L 1C64 May 2017
The typical shift had three parts where you get to switch between Information and Halp desk, Technology centre and Shelving/Maintenance. Best part of the job for me was, I got to talk dozens of students every single shift and made huge network of friends during my 8 months employment
Great place to work for student perks
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 April 2017
Fun place to work for retail experience and for perks beneficial to students. Many different task opportunities to keep from being bored. You meet tons of students and get a feel for the campus life. Can also be a great opportunity to meet professors.
Pros
Discounts, staff parties
Cons
Prolonged standing
Gained a lot of research experience
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 April 2017
Had the opportunity to work with various types of research techniques and gained experience with presenting results of the experiments. Interacted with post-docs and PhD students
Teaching Assistant review
Mathematics Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 March 2017
A typical day at the university when I would TA would consist of me holding tutorials and teaching students material that the professor taught the week before. I would answer any questions they had and marked their assignments/quizzes/tests. I thoroughly enjoy teaching mathematics, and have no complaints about this job.
Ra
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 March 2017
Grateful to learn more about psychology and work hands on and am able to run studies, as well as interact with participants.
Hardest part of the position is to double check all your work and data to make sure you have done everything correctly to avoid lose of data
Fun group of guys
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 February 2017
Pretty good group, student ran environment, very chill about everything, tends to be too chill sometimes. bureaucracy is somewhat messed up and confused at times. the entire performance really swings a lot depending on who is president that year
Pros
good exposure to world events
Cons
very sloppy chain of command
Enjoyable workplace
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 November 2016
The head auditors were very reliable and helped me in instances where i got stuck with the audit work. You get a good recognition for a job well done every time.
Best place ever!
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 October 2016
it's just awesome. It feels amazing to be part of the alumni and still be able to feel engaged. I enjoyed teaching to my fellow classmates and it was easy for me to book rooms in the library with perfect system that our university offers.
Friendly and fun
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 October 2016
There's always something to keep you happy on Mississauga campus.
If we decided to stay after hours during winter, we still got to sit in the library and focus on our studies.
The hardest part was finding good food on campus for the first 2 years, but with the new food court which was opened in Davis Building, we had more options to choose from.
I got to work with students with different learning abilities and I had to switch my approach for every one of them. I also had to learn how to balance my own studies to remain an A student and help others as well
intersting work place
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 September 2016
The most enjoyable part in the work is that my students improve a lot on their grades. Before I teach them , the average is 55. After that , the grades increased to 65.
Pros
very close
Cons
short hours
Intensive but an enlightening place to work.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 June 2016
A typical day would consist of running participants with the current study in the lab or completing daily lab tasks scheduled on a computer. I learned a lot about recording, organizing and analyzing data and ethics about interacting with participants. Sometimes instructions for completing lab tasks were vague or confusing which could be frustrating at times. The most enjoyable part of the position was being able to interact with participants and engaging in meaning conversation with other lab assistants and managers about research in social/personality psychology.
Requires punctuality
Note Taker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 June 2016
Consistently must be in class in order to take proper notes. After notes have been taken and edited they must be uploaded to the Accessibility website of the school so students can access them immediately after a lecture. Superiors were able to be accessed easily through email for any questions I had. Hardest part was ensuring everything was organized and edited properly so there would be no trouble for the other students.
Fun and exciting workplace, with gym
Member of Athletic Progam (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 June 2016
Great work experience, fun filled, and passionate people.
typically filled with sport related activities, and the organization of the events.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
not enough hours
fun workplace!
Infobooth Assistant and Duck Stop Staff (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 May 2016
Amazing place to work very convenient as a student because it is right on campus! Very malleable to different academic needs and class requirements friendly staff environment.
Productive place to work with great supervisory staff
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 May 2016
-Supportive co-workers and managerial staff
-Typical workday is fairly hectic, but adequate training and all round support is provided.
-Work environment is peaceful,cheerful and incredibly positive
Beautiful place to work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 May 2016
Very exciting environment to work in, I love working with professors. it is also a very nice opportunity to networking with other professors and industry professionals.
Good company to work with.
Outlets Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 March 2016
a great work atmosphere and work culture.
management is nice and guides well.
All staff trained well and takes pride in the job they do.