University of Toronto Employee Reviews in Mississauga, ON

Cool place
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 April 2018
Great school, and very great experience to have there its cool and i love it. just like how i love ice cream. would recommend for sure i promise you. its like heaven on earth
Inclusive and Innovative work place
Work Term Student (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 April 2018
I had the chance to exercise my leadership skills and to be in positions to take important decisions for events to run smoothly. I was also in charge of collaborating with other clubs on campus to efficiently promote our activities.
This is a university
Volunteer Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 April 2018
I attended univeristy here stop making me review a bunch of places. This is rediculous I just want to upload my resume on your dumb site and apply to a few jobs.
good workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 March 2018
good work hours. good salary with increases. opportunities for advancement. they really want you to do well. there is some nepotism at university of toronto.
Great experience
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 February 2018
It provides you with great flexibility as well as a decent payroll, great way to kick-start your personal training career. I had a great experience with my coworkers as well as managers and have developed an on-going relationships with them.
A quality education
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 February 2018
I found my experience extremely rewarding by maintaining a mindset of always keeping up with the work, not slacking off and starting all assignments well in advance. Focusing on school work early gave me a lot of opportunities later on and allowed me to get involved in extracurricular activities without worrying about my grades. Finally, many of the professors in the biology department are knowledgeable and helpful if they recognise the students are struggling.
I am Currently a Student enrolled in 5 courses a semester
Student (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 December 2017
This Semester, I am enrolled in Physical Geography, Ecosystems and Environmental Change, Qualitative Research Methods, Digital Mapping and Cartography, and Genetic Variation. My average day is from about 9-4 but i have to study and keep up with readings for about 2- 4 hours a night. During exam season, all I do is study all day in preperation for my exams.
Pros
Great Education
Cons
Expensive Tuition
Great and friendly working environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 September 2017
Hours here are flexible and cater to my needs as a student. Working here helped me make a lot of friends at school and helped me with my time management skills.
Fun place to work with a really good environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 May 2017
Job is easy and very rewarding as the discounts on clothes and textbooks etc are great. Staff is very helpful and provides a great opportunity to learn on the job.
Awesome work environment for students
Library Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  3359 Mississauga Rd, Mississauga, ON L5L 1C64 May 2017
The typical shift had three parts where you get to switch between Information and Halp desk, Technology centre and Shelving/Maintenance. Best part of the job for me was, I got to talk dozens of students every single shift and made huge network of friends during my 8 months employment
Enjoyable place for research growth and development
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 April 2017
Everyone was extremely dedicated and driven to learn and explore aspects of research in the psychology department. The work was fun and interesting and allowed you to learn and grow new skills to use for future research ideas.
Great place to work for student perks
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 April 2017
Fun place to work for retail experience and for perks beneficial to students. Many different task opportunities to keep from being bored. You meet tons of students and get a feel for the campus life. Can also be a great opportunity to meet professors.
Pros
Discounts, staff parties
Cons
Prolonged standing
Gained a lot of research experience
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 April 2017
Had the opportunity to work with various types of research techniques and gained experience with presenting results of the experiments. Interacted with post-docs and PhD students
Teaching Assistant review
Mathematics Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 March 2017
A typical day at the university when I would TA would consist of me holding tutorials and teaching students material that the professor taught the week before. I would answer any questions they had and marked their assignments/quizzes/tests. I thoroughly enjoy teaching mathematics, and have no complaints about this job.
Ra
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 March 2017
Grateful to learn more about psychology and work hands on and am able to run studies, as well as interact with participants.
Hardest part of the position is to double check all your work and data to make sure you have done everything correctly to avoid lose of data
Fun group of guys
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 February 2017
Pretty good group, student ran environment, very chill about everything, tends to be too chill sometimes. bureaucracy is somewhat messed up and confused at times. the entire performance really swings a lot depending on who is president that year
Pros
good exposure to world events
Cons
very sloppy chain of command
Enjoyable workplace
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 November 2016
The head auditors were very reliable and helped me in instances where i got stuck with the audit work. You get a good recognition for a job well done every time.
Best place ever!
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 October 2016
it's just awesome. It feels amazing to be part of the alumni and still be able to feel engaged. I enjoyed teaching to my fellow classmates and it was easy for me to book rooms in the library with perfect system that our university offers.
Friendly and fun
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 October 2016
There's always something to keep you happy on Mississauga campus.
If we decided to stay after hours during winter, we still got to sit in the library and focus on our studies.
The hardest part was finding good food on campus for the first 2 years, but with the new food court which was opened in Davis Building, we had more options to choose from.
I got to work with students with different learning abilities and I had to switch my approach for every one of them. I also had to learn how to balance my own studies to remain an A student and help others as well
intersting work place
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 September 2016
The most enjoyable part in the work is that my students improve a lot on their grades. Before I teach them , the average is 55. After that , the grades increased to 65.
Pros
very close
Cons
short hours