University of Toronto Employee Reviews in Mississauga, ON

great place to work
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 December 2018
I have worked for the University for the past 2 winters and it is a great place to work, my supervisor is fair and treats you with respect. There is no real hard part until the snow arrives.
Fantastic Place to Work
Information and Instructional Technology Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 December 2018
All employees get lots of support, and the work environment is not as stressful given this is a public institution. The perks of the job are plenty including free food on occasion and activities one can be involved in. The university features a state of the art gym, one of the most renown libraries, and is surrounded by gorgeous forestry to trek through.
Hefty work load, bit hard.
Psychological Experiments (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 November 2018
Lots of work, Poor time management, Learned alot about time management and collaboration skills. It is important to be a diverse individual as there are many cultures present.
Pros
Good education
Cons
Lots of work.
Love my school
Researcher (volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 September 2018
The University of Toronto Mississauga has provided me with numerous fantastic opportunities that have shaped me as a person. I have met countless amazing people along the way as well.
Great place to work. Friendly and polite environment.
Hydology Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 September 2018
I had a good time working at the university. The members of staff were very helpful and accommodating. They were all tolerant of different kinds of people.
great place
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 July 2018
great opportunity to work for such a large organization at the university. I got to take part in different workshops in which i grew and further developed my skills.
Giving Back to the Community while Reviewing for Class
AccessAbility Resource Centre Volunteer Notetaker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 June 2018
This position is a chance for you to give people with special accommodations a chance to stay afloat in class, while giving you the ability to review class notes while getting volunteer hours and a certificate of recognition at the end of the semester. You will also be granted letters of recommendations should you need them - simply ask!

This position does not really take time out of your day, since you can take your notes for class and then upload them straight to the AccessAbility Resource Centre database. It is a good way to study your notes as well as help other people with special needs review course concepts that they have trouble with.

Management is very prompt, and the main office is accessible. There is always someone available to help you when you go in. Emails are the main form of communication, so check often!
Pros
Review notes, help others, volunteer hours, certificate of recognition, easy access to letters of recommendation
Cons
Requires self-discipline and a regular uploading
Productive and self-fulfilling job
Student Success Assistant, Communications (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 May 2018
Workplace culture is great. The office deals with identifying and assisting students with course enrollment, registration, financial assistance, and professional advising.
Cool place
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 April 2018
Great school, and very great experience to have there its cool and i love it. just like how i love ice cream. would recommend for sure i promise you. its like heaven on earth
Inclusive and Innovative work place
Work Term Student (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 April 2018
I had the chance to exercise my leadership skills and to be in positions to take important decisions for events to run smoothly. I was also in charge of collaborating with other clubs on campus to efficiently promote our activities.
This is a university
Volunteer Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 April 2018
I attended univeristy here stop making me review a bunch of places. This is rediculous I just want to upload my resume on your dumb site and apply to a few jobs.
good workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 March 2018
good work hours. good salary with increases. opportunities for advancement. they really want you to do well. there is some nepotism at university of toronto.
Great experience
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 February 2018
It provides you with great flexibility as well as a decent payroll, great way to kick-start your personal training career. I had a great experience with my coworkers as well as managers and have developed an on-going relationships with them.
A quality education
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 February 2018
I found my experience extremely rewarding by maintaining a mindset of always keeping up with the work, not slacking off and starting all assignments well in advance. Focusing on school work early gave me a lot of opportunities later on and allowed me to get involved in extracurricular activities without worrying about my grades. Finally, many of the professors in the biology department are knowledgeable and helpful if they recognise the students are struggling.
I am Currently a Student enrolled in 5 courses a semester
Student (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 December 2017
This Semester, I am enrolled in Physical Geography, Ecosystems and Environmental Change, Qualitative Research Methods, Digital Mapping and Cartography, and Genetic Variation. My average day is from about 9-4 but i have to study and keep up with readings for about 2- 4 hours a night. During exam season, all I do is study all day in preperation for my exams.
Pros
Great Education
Cons
Expensive Tuition
Great and friendly working environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 September 2017
Hours here are flexible and cater to my needs as a student. Working here helped me make a lot of friends at school and helped me with my time management skills.
Fun place to work with a really good environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 May 2017
Job is easy and very rewarding as the discounts on clothes and textbooks etc are great. Staff is very helpful and provides a great opportunity to learn on the job.
Awesome work environment for students
Library Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  3359 Mississauga Rd, Mississauga, ON L5L 1C64 May 2017
The typical shift had three parts where you get to switch between Information and Halp desk, Technology centre and Shelving/Maintenance. Best part of the job for me was, I got to talk dozens of students every single shift and made huge network of friends during my 8 months employment
Enjoyable place for research growth and development
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 April 2017
Everyone was extremely dedicated and driven to learn and explore aspects of research in the psychology department. The work was fun and interesting and allowed you to learn and grow new skills to use for future research ideas.
Great place to work for student perks
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 April 2017
Fun place to work for retail experience and for perks beneficial to students. Many different task opportunities to keep from being bored. You meet tons of students and get a feel for the campus life. Can also be a great opportunity to meet professors.
Pros
Discounts, staff parties
Cons
Prolonged standing