University of Toronto Employee Reviews

Never got paid
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 November 2018
It was a good experience got to help a professour out. I Organized their paperwork for writing assignments plantar calendar for interviews and called and kept tract of the people that were to be interviewed.
Pros
Organization Is a must
Cons
Dont pay good
Grad student/TA/Post doc
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 November 2018
Great employer, the positions I had however meant hard times. From what I can glean from the full time employed and the professors, University of Toronto seems like a pretty good employer.
Hefty work load, bit hard.
Psychological Experiments (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 November 2018
Lots of work, Poor time management, Learned alot about time management and collaboration skills. It is important to be a diverse individual as there are many cultures present.
Pros
Good education
Cons
Lots of work.
Hard working no life balance
Senior Research Associate, Donnelly Centre (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2018
Great institution! Good Benefits and salaries.
Bad work/life balance.
Bad to help find new jobs.

Worked really hard for years... at the and the lab had no funding and I had to leave.
Benefits
Cons
no balance
Learning experience
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 November 2018
Great experience, learned from experts. Good environment. Management culture differs in departments, but usually managers are supportive. Working with students was fulfilling.
Excellent Graduate Education
COURSE INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2018
Overall the university provided me with extensive training that will serve me well in both academic and non-academic settings. This training included experience with qualitative and quantitative methodologies and modes of data analysis as well as a strong theoretical background.
The entire experience this awesome.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2018
The entire experience this awesome. At University of Toronto, you could work together with a lot of talents and learn form them. You could also work with many talented professors.
There's work to be done.
Universal Design for Learning Strategist (Former Employee) –  Impact Centre: University of Toronto29 October 2018
Grateful for the opportunity. Looking forward to more time to consult and offer my services.

Hardest part: sexual harassment culture.

The work environment is comprised of a multiplicity of aspects. I'd like to support workplaces and educational environments with sexual harassment best practices and other best practices. There was an incident that occurred this past summer where I had to stop working completely, and my contract ended as a consultant. This was during my caregiving to my mother who has a brain tumour. This was not handled well. There is work to be done.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
No comment
Is OK, besides long procedures
Senior Developer contract (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 October 2018
When is urgent they act really effective and fast. Then is not urgent everything is done so it became so.
A typical day includes at least one meeting. Management is fine, as well as workplace culture and overall environment is safe.
Workplace culture
Senior Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 October 2018
It was amazing. The staff members were very friendly, and I learned a lot of new things. I had been given many opportunities to learn new procedures and take on new tasks, which I had appreciate.
good
Soil and forestry (Former Employee) –  Aberden university15 October 2018
it was challenging and all people were sociable. I learnt more than I expected, I improved many skills as how to research and how to use in my thesis.
Faculty of Pharmacy - Office of Experiential Education
Adminstrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Faculty of Pharmacy15 October 2018
High turnover office. Overall workplace culture is disorganized and not healthy. Faculty members are FAR TOO involved in mundane administrative tasks.
Pros
Excellent benefits.
Cons
People ofen get sick and go on extended leave.Toxic office
Fun place to work
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2018
A typical day at work involves restocking, merchandising, tidying and customer service. Workplace culture is friendly and inclusive and is one of the best parts of the job.
International Student mentor
Community Health Liaison (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON4 October 2018
At typical day at work included interaction with students requiring help at the front desk meeting with manager to go over expected goals for the day and planning events for international students. I have learned how to outreach and put together event planning logistics. Workplace was very friendly and fun. I thoroughly enjoyed this position and the funnest part was hosting events, the hardest part was ensuring that the attendees of these events were fully engaged.
Fun
Student Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 September 2018
It's a pretty good university job. Very flexible, the people are nice. Hardest part? The monotony. Most enjoyable part has to be the people, you meet a plethora of interesting characters.
Good work-life balance
Operations (DBA) and Technical Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2018
Regularly rated Top employer
Good-Very Good Benefits
Large de-centralized organizational structure
Positive and enthusiastic workplace culture
Productive fast paced and fun enviorment.
Building Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2018
Friendly and challenging working with guests and tenants looking after building maintenance needs. Problem solving, working with various tools keeping building in tip top shape.
Pros
Free Lunches and Dental.
Cons
Limitations in working in a Unionzed enviorment.
Very productive and knowledgeable team
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2018
All of the co-workers with whom I worked had powerful experiences behind them and they were always willing to leverage their strengths to ensure that only the best work is put forth for any project
Love my school
Researcher (volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 September 2018
The University of Toronto Mississauga has provided me with numerous fantastic opportunities that have shaped me as a person. I have met countless amazing people along the way as well.
Productive, passionate, and innovative laboratory with excellent team cohesion!
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2018
Typical day at work started at 9am and ended at 5pm at minimum. The laboratory culture is outstanding, with older, more experienced researchers who are willing to share what they know with younger passionate researchers. The laboratory is managed by post-docs and their head professor, who are all welcoming to new researchers. In my time, I had extensive practice with coding in C++ and Python, along with ROS for controlling mobile-robotic autonomous systems. The workplace culture motivates you to be productive.
Pros
Knowledge gain
Cons
Long Hours