University of Saskatchewan

University of Saskatchewan Employee Reviews for Teaching Assistant

An overall good place to work. Has a good workplace culture, socializing is encouraged. Hours can be quite flexible. Communication between departments can be a bit strained.
The job culture and work environment at the University of Saskatchewan is safe, comfortable, and flexible. As a TA, the professors I had worked with provided me with flex hours and the opportunity to take on responsibilities such as teaching tutorials and providing a direct assistance line for students. Overall was a great experience and I highly recommend students and graduates to work on campus.
There is a not a better place to be in Canada if you want to work/study Computer Science. The facilities are modern and the instructors/staff are some of the most intelligent people you will ever come across.
Pros
Good salary, modern facilities, amazing campus, great camaraderie
Cons
Can be difficult to strike work-life balance
It was the place that I used to spent most of the time in Saskatoon. With one of the most historical buildings, this university was all the start for my life in Canada. I've learnt a lot from my professors and met with many nice people. After I graduated, my supervisor offered me with an opportunity to be a teaching assistant. It was an honor to work with him and to teach the next students. The hardest part being a TA is build the confidence for myself so that I can teach well. My supervisor told me that never underestimated yourself, and I followed. I think I would benefit from the sentence for my whole life.
This is a specific college with in a university, and your experience will depend heavily on the specific student's and course instructor that you get.
Always passionate about my work and give my very best. I like to report to work on time, follow due process and laid down regulations. I have the capability and willingness to work under pressure and overtime for my company.
A typical day at work would be to attend the appointed Professors classes and take notes on which the exams would be written upon. During exam period I was to proctor the exams and mark the exams within the period of a day or two. Midterms and essays were a part of the the teachers assistant/ advisor role. This was done for 2 different classes, averaging close to 400 students per semester.The hardest part was to grade and enter the data in a timely manner for the students to view. The most enjoyable part was being able to guide the students pre and post exam periods to see progress through out the semester.
Pros
To observe progress in the students.
Cons
Marking in a timely manner.
A absolute great employer. Beautiful campus. Good benefit and salary. Flexable work hour. Good management and respectful supervisors.
Pros
Benefit
Since I am master's student in the same university, it's an illuminating experience for me that allows me to learn new things that helps me in my program as well. Not to mention the benefits from meeting people and interacting with Professors.
The most enjoyable part of a job is being able to relate well with your co-workers on different strata of the corporate ladder.
very good, I worked as TA and working environment was very good, Had opportunity to work with highly qualified people.
A great place for academic enhancement. Being an Teaching Assistant is a great way of practice public speaking skills and communicating with individuals. I love to work with my professors,classmates and students. The most enjoyable part of the job is as the expression of "learning by doing" that as a Teaching Assistant I need to answer all kinds of students emails. This enhanced my skills of independently study.
Lead weekly seminars and discuss Native Issues as they pertain to Native peoples, while examing the contribution Aboriginals have made to thier own development and history. Examine how Aboriginal people situate themselves in both rural and urban settings.
Pros
achieved a university level education
Cons
pay not enough to live on.