University of Saskatchewan

University of Saskatchewan Employee Reviews for Research Assistant

The best University in the west, I did my Ph.D. There were enough resources and I have attended many conferences during the program. They have the best professors in Canada
Great place to accumulate research experience. The University provides multiple training opportunities and coaches you as you progress. Work and life balance are great and your superiors always understand your needs.
Nice working environment and convenient facilities on campus. Laboratory working conditions are relatively general, equipment is generally outdated, and resource mobilization between various departments requires additional procedures. Communication between departments is a daily task.
Working in the lab with students and involved in other management decisions. Research and development is a key priority in my work. The hardest part of the job is getting past management bottlenecks.
Chill if you enjoy research. Flexible working hours. Campus is really nice. Good vibe between coworkers. Decent summer job. Definitely recommend to other students.
Busy Effective communication strategies over the phone meh very focused on task, with a lot of pressure dealing with people over the phone.. always thinking youre trying to sell them somthing
Cons
Has the potential to be good, but it's located in Saskatchewan. A lot of money spent unnecessarily, with no real results given. Old fossils running programs that don't contribute, but hang on because of tenure.
There are good opportunities for current students to gain research experience working with their professors and the pay is pretty good, too. The work can be physically demanding at times, but it depends on the area of research you work in.
The University of Saskatchewan has lots of energy and things to do. The campus is beautiful. Working at the university can be fun but it mostly depends on your immediate co-workers and your boss as it is a big university with a lot of teams and departments.
I enjoyed my time at the University of Saskatchewan. I learned a lot of stuff related to my research and my supervisor was very helpful not only in my academic matters but also helped me settle down in Saskatoon.
I appreciate being able to work independently, but still having the opportunity to engage with coworkers and management, especially for problem solving.
The Computer Science department has great staff that are willing to help in any troubling situation. The environment is very friendly and the work is challenging and forces you to learn and adapt.
It is a reputed university and world-class university in Canada. This university provides great knowledge to the students. I think it is one of the best research universities in Canada
Pros
World Class Research
Cons
Highly corrupted Senior Administration. Lots of politics. Most of the faculty members are there to pursue their salary. I do not perceived any ethical maturity from most of the faculty members.
The University of Saskatchewan provides you with the possibility to work on the field that you are interested in, while at the same time acquiring new knowledge.
A typical day starts with reading and responding to emails to get what you have to do for the day. Time management is a key part of the research assistant. Good advisory committee to guide you complete your research study. I enjoyed the weekly seminars organized by the department of agriculture and bio-resource.
Pros
Excellent academic environment
Cons
Many homework assignment
Beside the geographic location and some low performing academic staff it is a great university which tries to grow and move forward. I like the work environment and the people in the university and Saskatoon city. The culture is great.
Pros
Good Culture, low tuition
Cons
low pay
Good I enjoy working at university of Saskatchewan Friendly environment Good research work Challenging I enjoy teaching under graduates
It's really a pleasure to study and work in University of Saskatchewan.All co-workers are cooperate closely with each other and the most enjoyable is the very organized working environment that secures high working efficiency.
While some of the tasks seemed challenging at first, by conquering them I gained confidence in myself as a worker. I also had the opportunity to train new hires, which was an incredible learning experience in itself.
Pros
Confidence booster
Cons
Challenging tasks