University of Saskatchewan

University of Saskatchewan Employee Reviews for Graduate Researcher

Leaders in research and innovation. They provide a great space to learn and grow in both an academic and professional capacity. Top quality programs, professors and students.
It was a student position so a typical day was repetitive. Very laid back and good place to work. I enjoyed the flexibility of shift work and worked well with my school schedule.
Good employer. The typical day at work consisted of working on my graduate project. It was fun to have academic freedom in the direction my research went. Duties as a teaching assistant was also enjoyable.
Good place to work for I worked for University of Saskatchewan as a graduate research assistant in Faculty of Engineering. The professors are night and payment is decent.
The job gives me the opportunity to develop my research skills. I am being supervised by a Professor who I deem to be the best in research as far as Aboriginal Law is concerned. Hence, he engages me with challenging questions that requires hard work to answer.
Individuals are encouraged to take ownership of their projects. Working hours are very flexible and trust and responsibility are awarded based on merit, and loyalty given where it is received. The department holds high standards for each person, and inspires them to exceed their own expectations. Thanks to the above, the Department produces the most impressive graduates in the country.
Pros
trust, loyalty, meritocracy, flexible, intellectual, curious, scientific
Cons
high standards
University of Saskatchewan is a nice place to work. Faculty and staff are so much friendly and helpful. the salary was also good.
I worked in the lab, greenhouse and field, its a really good place. I have learned management skills.Good time with co-workers
Stay inside and take the temptation of going outside even when it is sunny. Saskatoon is a very cold place. The temperature can go below -50. Otherwise, it is a fun place to study in.
Pros
Work Permit after graduation
Cons
Too cold to go outside
Working with poultry at the University of Saskachewan Poultry Research Centre. Good managerial skills and Team work.