University of Saskatchewan

University of Saskatchewan Employee Reviews for Graduate Assistant

A good experience to work. Helping throughout the tenure and guiding through each and every step which gives a feeling for personal attention to almost everyone.
Learned how to instruct undergraduate students inside lab. Enjoyed demonstrating the students about labwork. Enjoyed organizing and cleaning up before and after the lab.
A typical day at U of S was a perfect work life balance. I learned how to achieve balance between work and life. Management was friendly and always gave the freedom to express my opinions on the work I do. Workplace culture is to encourage the freedom of speech and thought. It was a warm and friendly environment. Hardest part of the job was to collect the information from 10 years for the literature review. The most enjoyable part was that the job was pretty challenging and exciting.
Pros
Interaction with professor
Cons
nil
- Work place is an ocean of knowledge and we gain a lot from it - I learnt work ethics and public health principles - Wonderful management - The hardest part of the job is to meet the set deadlines - The most enjoyable is the set deadlines as they give you the motivation to complete the tasks
Pros
Individual Work atmosphere
Cons
Need to allocate more number of hours
Guidance, required training and learned how to deal with students.Great work environment and flexible work schedule.
A typical day of work starts with checking all the equipment and setting up the laboratory for the day's experiment. Obtaining research data and analysing the data forms part of the most exciting part of my job. However, working until the late hours is something that happens on daily basis. This is because once a particular experiment is started, such must be completed before equipment are shut down.
Pros
Availability of all equipment needed.
Cons
Working alone