University of Saskatchewan

University of Saskatchewan Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

Work for this small company for 7 years. Worked from my home, payroll, AR/AP, scheduling. Flexible work hours, understanding family driven business. - Payroll -Payment Services -Account collections
My role was managing staff and that was important to me. It made me feel good everyday that I was helping my staff. I'm glad the University saw that it was necessary to have someone in place to help staff in their roles, to help them problem solve.
-Large work Hierarchy . -Admin support high level, -Levels of Management -Low salary The work environment is a nice community base, working on indigenizing. But as a aboriginal employee your meant to feel like its not a right but a privilege to be employed by the university.
Even though most employees are part of a union, it is very difficult to make upper management and executive understand how very uneven the quality of middle management is on campus; it is almost unheard of for a person to be able to build skills and experience to move up from a lower CUPE position to anything higher.
Pros
wonderful environment especially if you want to study here too
Cons
not enough done to gauge the reality of all staff experience on campus
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at University of Saskatchewan?