University of Saskatchewan

University of Saskatchewan Employee Reviews

University of Saskatchewan was my vert first workplace in Canada. I could learn a lot of new technologies which greatly increased my abilities and knowledge about the research I was involved in. It was a nice place to work with such talented and passionated people. I highly recommend it!
it was a good casual job while studying. I marked quizzes, assignments and midterms. Most the time i had to mark every other page or sometimes one page or even one question.
Work for this small company for 7 years. Worked from my home, payroll, AR/AP, scheduling. Flexible work hours, understanding family driven business. - Payroll -Payment Services -Account collections
-Large work Hierarchy . -Admin support high level, -Levels of Management -Low salary The work environment is a nice community base, working on indigenizing. But as a aboriginal employee your meant to feel like its not a right but a privilege to be employed by the university.
I enjoyed my time at the University of Saskatchewan. I learned a lot of stuff related to my research and my supervisor was very helpful not only in my academic matters but also helped me settle down in Saskatoon.
It was a great experience. I learned a lot from my colleagues and they were really great people. Work-life balance was also great. An amazing company to work for.
Very flexible hours and they are very understanding about you needing to take time off for school. The only issue is with the current overhiring that occurred -- they will overhire and then let people go as quickly as possible.
At the University of Saskatchewan, graduate students receive intense training for scientific research. Professors here are highly recognized and their help is critical to students' future development.
I worked in a job I liked and with excellent management staff. It was a cohesive and great group of people to work with. We enjoyed many events together as staff at meals and at people's homes for retirements and other occasions.The work was interesting and varied enough to never get boring, I loved to work in a bookstore and in the University setting.I worked in accounts payable, paying invoices and maintaining inventory records so it was always busy, and learned new computer systems more than once over the years. I considered most of the people I worked with every day as friends.
Cons
Walking up ramps was not good for bad knees and hip
Very beautiful campus with plenty of trees and flowers. Nice architecture to look at throughout the campus, very nice limestone. The University of Saskatchewan has a great collection of fun intelligent professors and academics. Also, some very good student help departments throughout the UofS's many colleges.
An interesting extra-curricular that helps engineering students further their careers. Very supportive and open team willing to help lower years learn and grow.
I appreciate being able to work independently, but still having the opportunity to engage with coworkers and management, especially for problem solving.
Typical day at work was fun and relaxing. it was easy to understand and master without errors. The hardest part about the job was the repetition of activities.
As one of the largest employers in Saskatchewan, they provide a variety of employment opportunities that work well with a balance home life. They also include additional educational opportunities for their employees.
The job culture and work environment at the University of Saskatchewan is safe, comfortable, and flexible. As a TA, the professors I had worked with provided me with flex hours and the opportunity to take on responsibilities such as teaching tutorials and providing a direct assistance line for students. Overall was a great experience and I highly recommend students and graduates to work on campus.
Developed entomb social aptitudes. Attained classes about various subjects through specialists in college. Visited designing locales in the city just as research labs of college. Visited the sewage framework, water treatment office, potassium mines.
Pros
Free outings to various region in Canada
Cons
Must be in sure confinements while on an outing as it use to be somewhat instructive excursions
there was never a shortage of work I learned many international recipes I picked up the volume that would come for meals was impressive the chefs were some of the best I worked with
The Computer Science department has great staff that are willing to help in any troubling situation. The environment is very friendly and the work is challenging and forces you to learn and adapt.
This was a rewarding elective during my final year of pharmacy school. My responsibilities including gathering student data, evaluating the data, and formulating a conclusion based off the information gathered. I developed many useful skills.
Used to be awesome place to work. Still sounds like professional employees are pretty happy but support workers are experiencing increased work loads with staff cut backs and buy outs. Knowledgeable people are gone and many not replaced and if replaced training is greatly lacking. I work in a great College and with a great group but due to continual cut backs and restructuring at the university I wonder how much longer until we are out of work. Lack of contract for 3 yrs and direction university is going with it is not encouraging at all as we are being threatened with wages being red circled and pay ranges reduced, loss of sick time, pension erosion, and possible job action looming. Very discouraging and no longer matches what I signed on under. I feel loyalty to my College and group but betrayed by the larger institution.
Pros
Beautiful campus with many great people
Cons
Erodng work environment
Engineering requires a tremendous amount of time and effort. This greatly affects work life balance. Additionally, you have to pay to be in school, so that is a definite con.
Pros
Getting a Degree
Cons
Long Hours, Expensive