University of Saskatchewan

University of Saskatchewan Employee Reviews

University of Saskatchewan was my vert first workplace in Canada. I could learn a lot of new technologies which greatly increased my abilities and knowledge about the research I was involved in. It was a nice place to work with such talented and passionated people. I highly recommend it!
The pay is good, management is good. Hours are only during the day and evening. The only issue is that if you have a class during the day then it can be hard to work there.
Overall, good job. Not many opportunities for advancement or good benefits, and sometimes working with others in the Department was challenging. Would recommend however.
Has the potential to be good, but it's located in Saskatchewan. A lot of money spent unnecessarily, with no real results given. Old fossils running programs that don't contribute, but hang on because of tenure.
Working at the university of Saskatchewan not only in the college of med but in all colleges that I have worked I LOVED my job. Everyone is friendly and helpful the wages and benefits where amazing and they are big on work life balance. My managers a coworkers where always nice and where always there for help or direction.
Hard working community. Long term conditions unknown as I work as a contractor. The work requires an interesting integration of stakeholders, students and practitioners.
The university offers diverse possibilities of courses and opportunities for teaching and research, supporting its professionals with all they need, additionally to health care assistance.
I'm a student at the University of Saskatchewan, and I find my time on campus to be pretty productive and interactive. I'm able to get to my classes and sit comfortably through lectures.
The Office of University Relations is an amazing place to work for students, with fantastic team leadership. Students build relationships between the university and its Alumni while gathering demographic information and raising funds for current students.
Pros
Above minimum wage
Cons
Occasional disrespect from Alumni, and periods of inactivity during shifts
Pros: Great physical environment; exceptional location; safe; motivating Cons: less diverse Overall: Good for professors and students; easy to find student jobs
A large opportunity to practice a wide variety of different dental treatments. The patient to student ratio is also very generous to allow for sufficient hands-on application of multiple procedures.
Working at the University of Saskatchewan provide opportunities to improve your knowledge and skills. It provided lots of fun and activity for students and staff.
An overall good place to work. Has a good workplace culture, socializing is encouraged. Hours can be quite flexible. Communication between departments can be a bit strained.
Professional team members that are good at their job responsibilities. Learn about work with not only software developer, but also people from other field like mechanic guys.
Happy to be part of this amazing research group. Learned a lot to work as a team member and independently under pressure. Meeting deadlines and being super organized.
There are good opportunities for current students to gain research experience working with their professors and the pay is pretty good, too. The work can be physically demanding at times, but it depends on the area of research you work in.
It's a wonderful place to work. You get to grow as an individual and learn and have fun at the same time. Professors and students play games together in a friendly environment.
Pros
Lots of social programs to bring the whole department together
Cons
The building can be too cold sometimes
The University of Saskatchewan has lots of energy and things to do. The campus is beautiful. Working at the university can be fun but it mostly depends on your immediate co-workers and your boss as it is a big university with a lot of teams and departments.
Great people and great environment to work in. Always has the right equipment on hand. Often management would hold staff bbqs for appreciation of the staff and employees.
The University of Saskatchewan offered flexible hours and good wages for undergraduate students. They allowed me to work around my class schedule and were understanding if any personal issues came up that took precedence over work.
Pros
Flexibility, great managers/coworkers
A very good working environment, lab facilities and cooperative lab assistant available. State of the art equipment and Canadian Light Source synchrotron radiation facility help me to accomplished my desired research objectives.