University of Saskatchewan

University of Saskatchewan Employee Reviews

University of Saskatchewan was my vert first workplace in Canada. I could learn a lot of new technologies which greatly increased my abilities and knowledge about the research I was involved in. It was a nice place to work with such talented and passionated people. I highly recommend it!
Managed relationships with stakeholders to created effective solutions for service delivery. Worked with agents in shared service centre to ensure that the best quality service was being provided.
Depending where you're working at the U of S, it can be a great place to work, or a very stressful place to work if you are not prepared. Over all recommend
Specifically, the SuperDARN group in the physics department is a wonderful group to work in. The work is interesting and challenging, and the culture is fantastic.
strong culture of academia and great resources to advance your professional career. world class agricultural department with amazing staff. great place to study or work
Nice working environment and convenient facilities on campus. Laboratory working conditions are relatively general, equipment is generally outdated, and resource mobilization between various departments requires additional procedures. Communication between departments is a daily task.
Easy, simple post and access to information, well organized, very informative, clear not complicated. Easy access to help and tips options. Need more details of layout
Good employer. The typical day at work consisted of working on my graduate project. It was fun to have academic freedom in the direction my research went. Duties as a teaching assistant was also enjoyable.
Being a full time student and balancing work is next to impossible. However, working with the U of S and for Huskie Athletics, they are very understanding and make it possible for you to earn some work experience and pay to help sustain your daily student life.
Management has no clue what they are doing there. They will change your shift with no questions asked to save a penny of overtime. They will not take your suggestions into consideration. You never feel job security there, you could be laid off any day of the week. Terrible work environment with very low morale.
Relaxed work, Great manager, Not productive Too collaborative - Lot of time spend in meetings to discuss how to decide if they ever decide Good for family
My role was managing staff and that was important to me. It made me feel good everyday that I was helping my staff. I'm glad the University saw that it was necessary to have someone in place to help staff in their roles, to help them problem solve.
Working in the lab with students and involved in other management decisions. Research and development is a key priority in my work. The hardest part of the job is getting past management bottlenecks.
Great people to work with Beautiful campus with close amenities Excellent benefit and perks, generous RRSP Relax environment The best place to work!
Chill if you enjoy research. Flexible working hours. Campus is really nice. Good vibe between coworkers. Decent summer job. Definitely recommend to other students.
The university has a very outdated employment model that doesn't support growth or development. Working in a non-academic professional career is difficult because there are very few opportunities for advancement.
Loved, loved, loved! Working at the university great people great pay great everything. benefits are awesome earned days off for pretty much all full time positions
Busy Effective communication strategies over the phone meh very focused on task, with a lot of pressure dealing with people over the phone.. always thinking youre trying to sell them somthing
Pros
Cons
Staff and management are great. You always feel at home. A place to learn new things and experiences. Benefit/perks are among the best. RRSP matching is excellent.
The UofS is struggling with financial issues and management leadership that has decreased the ability of employees to remain effective. There is no longer a clear culture of understanding roles. It's still a beautiful campus with good benefits.
Working hours depends on your position, you can have a work/life balance. Beautiful Campus. They have very good facilities for research. it's moving forward.