University of Saskatchewan
University of Saskatchewan Employee Review

A fun and busy environment.

22 June 2017
A typical day at work would be to attend the appointed Professors classes and take notes on which the exams would be written upon. During exam period I was to proctor the exams and mark the exams within the period of a day or two. Midterms and essays were a part of the the teachers assistant/ advisor role. This was done for 2 different classes, averaging close to 400 students per semester.The hardest part was to grade and enter the data in a timely manner for the students to view. The most enjoyable part was being able to guide the students pre and post exam periods to see progress through out the semester.
4.0Job security/advancement
Pros
To observe progress in the students.
Cons
Marking in a timely manner.
20 August 2019
Same roleSame location
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) - Saskatoon, SK
An overall good place to work. Has a good workplace culture, socializing is encouraged. Hours can be quite flexible. Communication between departments can be a bit strained.
6 February 2019
Same roleSame location
TEACHING ASSISTANT (TA) (Former Employee) - Saskatoon, SK
The job culture and work environment at the University of Saskatchewan is safe, comfortable, and flexible. As a TA, the professors I had worked with provided me with flex hours and the opportunity to take on responsibilities such as teaching tutorials and providing a direct assistance line for students. Overall was a great experience and I highly recommend students and graduates to work on campus.
29 January 2021
Same location
Research Assistant (Former Employee) - Saskatoon
It was a great place to work. It was fulfilling and rewarding professionally and personally. I had a great boss who was flexible, understanding and a good mentor.