University of Saskatchewan

University of Saskatchewan Employee Reviews

-Great management and support-Clear instructions and expectations-Fast commute-Growth opportunities-Many talented people-Travel opportunities-Nice perks

pay is good, management not so much

it's a good place to work considering that the minimum starting wage is higher than the provincial average - however, lots of politics and managers looking to change contracts every other month

No more Academic Environment!

Most business departments are ruled and managed by HR guys, who don't have the basic knowledge and work experience in these specific areas. They treated professionals as soldiers, without any respect; the management works as a king.

Pros

Good benefits and flexible working hours

Cons

working under a king

Do not recommend

Job descriptions mention advancement and opportunity but actual job is not as described. Have to fight for advancement. Not paid for experience. Driving their staff away at an alarming rate. Poor or lacking training procedures. High turn over.

Very productive, fun working, less stress, you are boss of your work

Cozy place, understanding supervisors, good opportunities and security. Very good balance between family and work. Flexible hours of work, good salary.

Poor upper and middle management at the operations level.

Would be a great place to work If the practiced what they preach....Middle management does what upper management wants them to without question or collaborating. Upper management hires people that tow the line. If you speak your mind you will be given a golden handshake at best, or they will make your life miserable until you are forced to quit at worst. Keep your mouth closed if you want to have a job. Don’t provide suggestions to management cause they will do what they want regardless. They don’t listen to feedback from guys who are on the ground. They waste money and resources on failed programs and policies. The approach now is to hire new guys who don’t know much stuff they have messed up in the past years. Zero accountability!!! For anyone, except for the lowest on the totem pole. They are always the ones to blame and held accountable. I am speaking for one area of the operation maybe other areas are better...I can hope.

Pros

Good benefits, holidays etc.

Cons

Poor management, disorganized, wasting resources and money, not accepting feedback.

they call me there the hardest working man in the compus first pilipino maintenance

excellent place to work and a lot of excitement learning most of the time meet a lot of people from the students to the president fan & good people you gonna meet and you gonna have a lot of friends, working is top because they always want above average result of your job but they give you all materials and tools you need to do the job so you so it's good to work with them

Pros

no free lunch bring your own

Cons

just right hours according to the law

Nice place to work!

University of Saskatchewan was my vert first workplace in Canada. I could learn a lot of new technologies which greatly increased my abilities and knowledge about the research I was involved in. It was a nice place to work with such talented and passionated people. I highly recommend it!

Great place to work.

It was a great place to work. It was fulfilling and rewarding professionally and personally. I had a great boss who was flexible, understanding and a good mentor.

very good

The best University in the west, I did my Ph.D. There were enough resources and I have attended many conferences during the program. They have the best professors in Canada

Not fun place to work for educated immigrants because best they can get is low paid.cleaning job.

Did not have good experience working there all those years. No chance to improve or get other job if apply except if you do not have connection or related to somebody on higher position. Applied over hundred times in 10 years but nothing.

Pros

Sometimes free lunch and coffee and donought.

Cons

five stressful years of my life

The supervisors I worked with are nice and welcoming but I could have achieved more if they were a little more pushy because I was a lazy student. Most of time during my last three years at U of S I sufferred from serious stress and mental breakdown becasue of lacking materials for thesis defence. I wasted too much time there and I blame myself for this constantly while working under hudge peer-pressure and insanely strong competition now

Perfect

It was perfect except for the low wage. The job included a lot of freedom and responsibility which is my perfect job structure. This was one of my favourite jobs.

Leaders in research and innovation. They provide a great space to learn and grow in both an academic and professional capacity. Top quality programs, professors and students.

Great Place for Students

Since they understood that students were working with them, their schedules were very flexible. It was a relaxed atmosphere and one where you had to manage your time and take the initiative to do things yourself.

Great workplace

I loved working here, very nice people and the work was fun. Most enjoyable part of my job was being able to see the results of my hard work at the end of the summer.

It was a student position so a typical day was repetitive. Very laid back and good place to work. I enjoyed the flexibility of shift work and worked well with my school schedule.

Enjoyable work place

Busy place to work, we were always up to something which made the days go by quick! Mainly outdoors during our days. Had plenty of different tasks to get done so you were quite rarely caught up doing the same thing.

Exciting position with high periods of extreme bussiness and stressful situations

Campus is great in the spring summer and fall. People are generally friendly. Many extra curricular activities that you can become involved with. This was a great place to work. I met many people from all over the world.

Good place

A Good place to work while also developing your skills. Colleagues are friendly and supportive. Jobs may be demanding at times but you have what is required to succeed.

Awesome experience

I had a really great time working with the research team and learned a lot. The hours were super flexible which was great, but the pay was not as awesome as I would have hoped - definitely would consider a second job waitressing if I went back

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Saskatchewan. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2