University of Saskatchewan

University of Saskatchewan Employee Reviews

Canada211 reviews
Great Place for Students
Since they understood that students were working with them, their schedules were very flexible. It was a relaxed atmosphere and one where you had to manage your time and take the initiative to do things yourself.
Great workplace
I loved working here, very nice people and the work was fun. Most enjoyable part of my job was being able to see the results of my hard work at the end of the summer.
It was a student position so a typical day was repetitive. Very laid back and good place to work. I enjoyed the flexibility of shift work and worked well with my school schedule.
Enjoyable work place
Busy place to work, we were always up to something which made the days go by quick! Mainly outdoors during our days. Had plenty of different tasks to get done so you were quite rarely caught up doing the same thing.
Exciting position with high periods of extreme bussiness and stressful situations
Campus is great in the spring summer and fall. People are generally friendly.

Many extra curricular activities that you can become involved with.

This was a great place to work. I met many people from all over the world.
Good place
A Good place to work while also developing your skills. Colleagues are friendly and supportive. Jobs may be demanding at times but you have what is required to succeed.
Awesome experience
I had a really great time working with the research team and learned a lot. The hours were super flexible which was great, but the pay was not as awesome as I would have hoped - definitely would consider a second job waitressing if I went back
Great place to accumulate Research experience
Great place to accumulate research experience. The University provides multiple training opportunities and coaches you as you progress. Work and life balance are great and your superiors always understand your needs.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at University of Saskatchewan?
Must like Union
Was a great place to physically work, my particular job was labor intensive but was pushed on time in certain areas. The worst part was manager at time and co workers whom know they can’t get fired so they skim by their teeth and never got reprimanded
Learning platform
The manager was excellent and encourage progress. The work environment was relaxing but it was competitive at a point because everyone wanted to score more points.
Great place for students to work
The library is a great place for students to work. They know that all of us are dealing with school and so they are very flexible with hours and understand that some days we just have to get a shift covered.
Great work environment
Great work environment, where you can find the best team and managers to support and guide you, in order to obtain the best outcome possible. That is the right place where you can feel valued.
Relationship Management
Managed relationships with stakeholders to created effective solutions for service delivery.

Worked with agents in shared service centre to ensure that the best quality service was being provided.
Good place to start
Depending where you're working at the U of S, it can be a great place to work, or a very stressful place to work if you are not prepared. Over all recommend
Great times with great people
Specifically, the SuperDARN group in the physics department is a wonderful group to work in. The work is interesting and challenging, and the culture is fantastic.
great place to work is you love academics
strong culture of academia and great resources to advance your professional career. world class agricultural department with amazing staff. great place to study or work
Competitive working environment
Nice working environment and convenient facilities on campus.
Laboratory working conditions are relatively general, equipment is generally outdated, and resource mobilization between various departments requires additional procedures. Communication between departments is a daily task.
Profile approach
Easy, simple post and access to information, well organized, very informative, clear not complicated. Easy access to help and tips options. Need more details of layout
fun work place
Good employer. The typical day at work consisted of working on my graduate project. It was fun to have academic freedom in the direction my research went. Duties as a teaching assistant was also enjoyable.
Great work to have during school
Being a full time student and balancing work is next to impossible. However, working with the U of S and for Huskie Athletics, they are very understanding and make it possible for you to earn some work experience and pay to help sustain your daily student life.
Toxic Work Environment
Management has no clue what they are doing there. They will change your shift with no questions asked to save a penny of overtime. They will not take your suggestions into consideration. You never feel job security there, you could be laid off any day of the week. Terrible work environment with very low morale.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Saskatchewan. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3