University of Saskatchewan

University of Saskatchewan Employee Reviews

The best University in the west, I did my Ph.D. There were enough resources and I have attended many conferences during the program. They have the best professors in Canada
Did not have good experience working there all those years. No chance to improve or get other job if apply except if you do not have connection or related to somebody on higher position. Applied over hundred times in 10 years but nothing.
Pros
Sometimes free lunch and coffee and donought.
Cons
The supervisors I worked with are nice and welcoming but I could have achieved more if they were a little more pushy because I was a lazy student. Most of time during my last three years at U of S I sufferred from serious stress and mental breakdown becasue of lacking materials for thesis defence. I wasted too much time there and I blame myself for this constantly while working under hudge peer-pressure and insanely strong competition now
It was perfect except for the low wage. The job included a lot of freedom and responsibility which is my perfect job structure. This was one of my favourite jobs.
Leaders in research and innovation. They provide a great space to learn and grow in both an academic and professional capacity. Top quality programs, professors and students.
Since they understood that students were working with them, their schedules were very flexible. It was a relaxed atmosphere and one where you had to manage your time and take the initiative to do things yourself.
I loved working here, very nice people and the work was fun. Most enjoyable part of my job was being able to see the results of my hard work at the end of the summer.
It was a student position so a typical day was repetitive. Very laid back and good place to work. I enjoyed the flexibility of shift work and worked well with my school schedule.
Busy place to work, we were always up to something which made the days go by quick! Mainly outdoors during our days. Had plenty of different tasks to get done so you were quite rarely caught up doing the same thing.
Campus is great in the spring summer and fall. People are generally friendly. Many extra curricular activities that you can become involved with. This was a great place to work. I met many people from all over the world.
A Good place to work while also developing your skills. Colleagues are friendly and supportive. Jobs may be demanding at times but you have what is required to succeed.
I had a really great time working with the research team and learned a lot. The hours were super flexible which was great, but the pay was not as awesome as I would have hoped - definitely would consider a second job waitressing if I went back
Great place to accumulate research experience. The University provides multiple training opportunities and coaches you as you progress. Work and life balance are great and your superiors always understand your needs.
Was a great place to physically work, my particular job was labor intensive but was pushed on time in certain areas. The worst part was manager at time and co workers whom know they can’t get fired so they skim by their teeth and never got reprimanded
The manager was excellent and encourage progress. The work environment was relaxing but it was competitive at a point because everyone wanted to score more points.
Biochemistry lab was great. The people were friendly and nice. There is all necessary equipment there and everything you might need. the only issues are general issues related to postdoc position e.g. no pension plan contribution, no EI etc .
The library is a great place for students to work. They know that all of us are dealing with school and so they are very flexible with hours and understand that some days we just have to get a shift covered.
Great work environment, where you can find the best team and managers to support and guide you, in order to obtain the best outcome possible. That is the right place where you can feel valued.
Managed relationships with stakeholders to created effective solutions for service delivery. Worked with agents in shared service centre to ensure that the best quality service was being provided.
Depending where you're working at the U of S, it can be a great place to work, or a very stressful place to work if you are not prepared. Over all recommend
Specifically, the SuperDARN group in the physics department is a wonderful group to work in. The work is interesting and challenging, and the culture is fantastic.