University of Saskatchewan

University of Saskatchewan Employee Reviews

Canada257 reviews

universityprofessorcampusstudentacademicgraduateassistantbeautiful

great place to work

my professor is nice. I was happy working with him. fair pay. the tasks is not difficult. yess. I will definitely work at that place again if I got the chance haha

Pros

nice people

Cons

no cons

Good workplace

Good management, good insurance, good pay just sometimes other workers who worked there longer are too bossie and they think they are always right about everything but anyway its a good place to work.

Insights into University of Saskatchewan

What people like
  • Support from manager
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose

Good place to start

Good place to start, average pay, opportunity to grow is ok, slow work pace.Good training, average workload, might be a good opportunity for new grads

It is fun to work in this university

As a research assistant, low payment, good pace, sound equipment, the chance of learning, supervision is not satisfying. Finally, an unpredicted job market is waiting for you.

Bureaucratic

It is an academic institution. These institutions are not exactly on the cutting edge. There are far too many people running around screaming their grievances.

Working with knowledgeable people

I studied a PhD program in University of Saskatchewan. The staff are really supportive and helpful. The building (engineering) is very old and frustrating. Offices and labs have no windows to outside, and this was the main problem at the office for me. There are many things to learn as you can contact different groups with different research interests.

The University of Saskatchewan hired the company I was working for to run the food service

I really enjoyed working at the U of S as Food Service Director. I found it very fast pace and I really enjoyed the students . I had roughly 100 employees working for food service

Helpful, Friendly environment, good pay

I worked as teaching assistant for 2 years. Work environment is friendly. Office staffs are very helpful. Work life balance is possible. I recommend my friend to work there.

Creative and hardworking people

There are a lot of opportunities to learn and grow as a researcher. Supervisors are always welcoming new ideas. Advanced laboratory and opportunities for collaborations.

Pros

Relaxed

Cons

Pay

There is none..I would not recommend anyone to work for the University of Saskatchewan. Is that enough letters of for you??

I would not recommend anyone to work for the University of Saskatchewan. They prefer to hire people that do not have a good work ethic. They also can terminate employees at any time with no warning. Alot of politics going on. Not a good place to work. Alot of safety issues as well.

Pros

Cons

N/a

Productive and existing workplace

Great organization to work. Diversity and inclusion are used in their recruitment and selection process. Also if you are selected for an interview, you have to prepare and prepare.

Pros

Great career advancement opportunities

Great place for studying and working!

It's a great place for studying and working! You can arrange your work by yourself. The time is very flexible, so it's great to manage your family and your work.

Good place to work, learned lots, my position was casual dress. Hard work is rewarded. Most enjoyable part of my job was getting to learn lots. Overall positive experience.

Special culture

If you want, you can spend your day leisurely. Take it just a job earning a living, neglecting some of snobbish colleagues. If you can accept the culture, it is a good workplace.

Pros

Once you entered, you can enjoy your life.

Cons

Snobbish culture

Great people

The people make this place. Ninety-nine percent of the staff are kind and caring and the professors go above amd beyond for their students. Tuition is a little pricey but worth it.

A secure place to work and advance if you know how. Recommended

Very traditional work space, risk averse but tricky work environment. It is hard to gain entry in some situations. But if you are in, there is no reason to leave if you are happy/manage the culture.

Depending on supervisor your work-life balance changes

Good community consist of different nationalities, helpful personnel, and available scholarships (but nor easily achievable).Your relationship with your supervisor determines what is your life-work balance. The payment is below minimum wage in SK and you would need to have saving or work part-time off/on campus.

good

good enough to work especially if u r new to Canada it can be a place to start off your career. Nice people and slow environment with traditional characteristics.

Great!

Working as an RA is very subjective based on the research area and the people you collaborate with. In my case, it has been great. It is also flexible to give you time for your studies.

Great infrastructure. Good benefits.

Great place to work! Management is usually good here. Facilities are provided for you to grow. The working environment is really good. People are helpful

Pros

Great infrastructure. Good management.

Highly depend on group/department you are working at.

I worked in research group, and salary level and work load are highly depend on PIs and research groups. Most research support staff are contact based, and permanent position is very rare.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Since most research groups are non-profitable, salary is low compared with companies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Saskatchewan. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement