University of Saskatchewan Employee Reviews

A typical day
PhD student and Teaching assistant (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK11 December 2018
I really like everything about it. My typical workday as a Ph.D. student is doing research and running experiments in the lab and on my computer. Starting at 8:30 am, Lunchtime is around 12 and it takes almost 40 minutes and going home around 4:30 pm.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Busy lab and hard to focus
Just pass
Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK15 November 2018
When I started there I loved it. By the time I was done it had destroyed every bit of that. Incompetence was the perfectly acceptable as was every excuse to not make changes for the better.
Amazing campus
Psychiatric Observer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK12 November 2018
Was here only briefly in an unpaid role. The campus is amazing and everyone I worked with was amazing. I would highly recommend any opportunity to experience the University of Saskatchewan.
Exciting work
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK2 November 2018
I really enjoyed working in the history department. I learn a lot of new skills and a lot of history about my home community. I was able to bring what I learned here home and it helped us begin our healing journey and to reclaim our identity.
My understanding
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Current Employee) –  Professor Visiting Scholarship30 October 2018
It is a suitable university for researching and learning. All facilities are available for chemistry. Academic members are all responsible for their duties.
Teaching Assistant (Lab Instructor) (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK29 October 2018
The U of S is a very relaxed yet structured environment to work in featuring many skilled and knowledgeable professors and staff. Every department has a semi different culture for the workplace but as many of the staff come from the prairies, and those who do not are influenced by prairie students, everyone has a very down to Earth demeanor that is comforting to work alongside.
Great
Teaching Assistant/Masters Student (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK24 October 2018
Reasonable workload and payment for the required duties, focused on mostly graduate work, there was a good balance between work and schoolwork and research
Good workplace
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada22 October 2018
Vibrant workplace. Great benefits. Lots of politics and mismanagement. Not as diverse as it should be. Progress is difficult for young "non-local" professionals without "connections".
Benefits
Cons
Traditional hierarchical management
Clerical Assistant, Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK15 October 2018
Great atmosphere, good people to work with. Steady hours with time to get off and great benefits. Overall, good place of employment for people wanting to advance.
innovative
Sessional Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Saskatchewan12 October 2018
The University of Saskatchewan is the largest education institution in the province and has the most extensive programming in the region. It is usually a middle of the pack university by Canadian standards.
highly currupted
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK28 August 2018
Highly corrupted Senior Administration. Lots of politics. Most of the faculty members are there to pursue their salary. I do not perceived any ethical maturity from most of the faculty members.
poor pay
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  University of Saskatchewan15 August 2018
they dont pay very well, training not great. most employees have been there for many years and are set in their ways. Not open to new comers.
Great events on campus,
poor benefitd
beautiful setting
once had acces to gyn not they look that away
Pros
beautiful location
Cons
poor pay and benefits
Good place
Mitacs Globalink Internship (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon9 August 2018
There are several ongoing training opportunities, and depending on who your Director is, you could have an amazing direct team experience, too. Friendly stuff
Fun place, Terrible Management
Grounds Crew (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK5 August 2018
Fun place to work, loved the people who worked the summer position as well HOWEVER. The higher ups are nothing but manipulative and terrible at organizing their staff. Also most other staff members in other departments are constantly out to get others in trouble. anything from taking a water break will be photographed on someones cell phone and sent to the boss and you will be disciplined, still don't know what those people do for work because they seem to do nothing but sit and take pictures of us all day. So again great place to meet people, terrible dysfunctional atmosphere.
Pros
decent pay, the odd free lunch
Cons
terrible atmosphere, constant backstabbing, dysfunctional higher up employees
work place
Research associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK23 July 2018
the work place is good. nice chair and nice desk
the colleague are friendly.
i learn a lot about Matlab program.
I learn some knowledge about electrical current
Fallen from grace
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK16 July 2018
This used to be a great place to work however years of management upheaval, provincial budget cuts and an ill-prepared shift in the direction of the institution has taken its toll. It will be years before the recent turmoil settles (assuming future decisions are made with more forethought). This is not a well-supported and high-performing place to be at the moment. The post-secondary sector has always been unique, but those looking to join to this institution from private industry should do so with eyes wide open.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Scattershot management
Excellent work place
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK18 May 2018
Measure different kind of seeds, and observe their growth. Practice my patience and who to work with different kind of cultures. Everyone here is very kind and helpful with others. The most important part of this job will be the data collect and analyze.
fun and productive
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK7 May 2018
i have been an RA for two years and its been an adventure the only problem is that the pay is low compare to the work you do. i believe that if the pay is increased the job will be worth going for.
Good working environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK29 April 2018
The University of Saskatchewan provides you with the possibility to work on the field that you are interested in, while at the same time acquiring new knowledge.
Great Learning Experience
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK10 April 2018
A good experience to work. Helping throughout the tenure and guiding through each and every step which gives a feeling for personal attention to almost everyone.