University of Regina

University of Regina Employee Reviews

Enjoyed every moment at this University
Teaching assistant (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK2 March 2016
I find the professors and my coaches at the university of Regina to be very kind and supportive. I always have something to do and I never get bored. I grew as a person and I have learned a lot.
Enjoyable experience
University Instructor (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK7 February 2016
Loved my time working at the University and their distance education program called the Northern Teachers Education Program in Northern Saskatchewan.
Grdauated with a degree in HR
Invigilator (Accessibility Department) P/T (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK17 December 2015
This is just a temporary on call wherein I have to be there on the campus to invigilate students with accessibility. The days are flexible between Monday to Friday.
practice your social skills and making lots friends
Residence Assistant (Former Employee) –  University of Regina College West12 October 2015
very enjoyable job, making a lot of friends and learning to be responsible to others and to know how to take care of friends, students, and the people who need your helps.
Productive and fun workplace
Cultural Assistant (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK19 May 2015
A place where there are many opportunities to learn and grow as an individual. we have the chance to talk with students from all around the world and help them with their English skills and teach them about Canada.
Overall pretty good for being a student
Ph.D. candidate (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK17 May 2015
Productive and fun workplace, can be boring at times. Some times work is not so rewarding, but has a lot of freedom. Some times less resources available while expectations are high. Hard work and motivation are key to success.
Pros
Freedom
Excellent Educational Institute
Lecturer & Instructor / E-Learning Consultant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK12 March 2015
Part time teaching and consulting, taught night classes, workshops, and lunch and learn series. I highly recommend UoR as an educational institute but they need to draw a line when it comes to competing with the private sector. .
Great experiences
Cultural Assistant (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK17 November 2014
This work experience provided me with the opportunity to develop my leadership and communication skills within a team environment. I particularly enjoyed being able to support students as the settle in Regina, and getting to know people from all parts of the word.
productive workplace
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK30 October 2014
It's a friendly and productive environment. People are nice to talk to and are always there for help.
Great experience studying and working
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK29 October 2014
Glad to learn from professors various aspects of the petroleum engineering knowlege
Good work for students
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK12 August 2014
Flexible work time schedule, less tasking job, high level of safety awareness, reporting to supervisor, team work etc.
Great
Teaching assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK5 August 2014
- coordinated with Teacher
- Collected Assignments
- prepared Assignments
- collected the exam papers
- marked the exam Papers
- marked lab papers
Work and Passion = High Productivity
On a professional level, I am a kind of person that will always want to give my best to any task, no matter how small, or how large. At every point in time at work, I am always willing to teach and learn. This have always been my guiding philosophy at work place and even on a personal level. I respect time specification and do everything within my capacity to ensure that I deliver on a given task. Ideally, it is only fair on my side to say that I have passion for everything that do, from my studies to my responsibilities as a Teaching and Research Assistant in the University of Regina for two semesters (September, 2013 – April, 2014). In the course of my job, I have established a very good relationship with Course Instructors and students alike, owing to the passion and determination I put into the job. I have obtained a ‘Certificate in Teaching’ here in University of Regina and also a Certificate in Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) training in the same university.
I have also taking up other jobs like Inventory Person and Exam Invigilator in the university here which does not necessarily require any high level of academic experience. This is to show that I can fit into any position and deliver as specified provided I am been told what to do or given a specific talk.
On a personal level, I have passion for volunteering. I am currently a volunteer with Regina Alternative Measures Program (RAMP). I am also a trained and certified Victim Advocate/Surrogate. As a Victim Surrogate with RAMP, my job involves helping victims and offenders referred to RAMP by the Provincial
  more... Court through a ‘healing process and counseling’ (restorative justice) in an extrajudicial manner. I am also a volunteer with Canadian Red Cross/Wascana Rehabilitation Centre here in Regina. Here, I assist in the Craft Centre, helping in making craft, interacting and keeping company with Canadian War Veterans. Before now, I was also a volunteer in Tromso, Norway during my first graduate program. As part of volunteering for Red Cross International, I taught high school students ‘nonviolent communication skills’, ‘Crisis Management’ and ‘Becoming a Promising Youths: the Dos and Don’ts’. These short courses took me to different schools within the Tromso community.

On a more social and organizational level, I can work independently but also enjoy working with people as a team. I have an appreciable level of leadership skills and my level of relationship with people regardless of one’s background, whether at work or on a personal level is also superb.
Pros
Have eye for details
Cons
Don't be lazy around me!
Enjoyed the challenge of keeping all customers coworkers happy
o Supervisor of Lab Cafeteria (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK28 May 2014
Started work at 6:30 am picked up money and produce and stock for the day. Went to location and got ready to open for 7:30 am. Counted cash for two tills did the accounting work for them both. Open store and corespond with coworkers for the day. Had four other people working with me in the area. Had to keep the area stocked and running for a very busy Tim Hortons self serve location. The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job was to keep over two thousand customers a day happy. Found it was a very good challenge for everyone to leave my location with a smile.
Pros
Had excellent coworkers in my location
Cons
trying to work a location, that needed four people at all times, and be short staffed by another location having someone call in sick.
Teaching Assitantship
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK28 March 2014
Grading assignments and assisting with exams and labs helped me review my work and also develop thinking from the point of view of the examiner.
Fun and rewarding workplace
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK25 March 2014
• Marking assignments
• Assisting professor in designing curriculum
• Guiding undergrad students and resolving issues regarding assignments
There was no hardest part in the job as the job was pretty much enjoying and creative.
Fun place to work
Residence Assistant (Current Employee) –  University of Regina22 March 2014
A typical day at work is, asking student what event they want run in residence, making report and answering question of students and guest, and reporting to Manager. Hardest part of the job, is i am on call late night. Most enjoyable part of the job is helping students achieving their academic goals.
Pros
Flexible, have time to do my school work
Cons
Work late
good university
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK25 January 2014
mark tests, quizs
invigilation final exams.
good place to study
Productive and fun place to work in.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK27 December 2013
Productive and fun place to work in. A very challenging work environment with a lot or work done in Research and Development.
Enrich your life here
Research and Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK17 May 2013
excellent study environment
friendly people
amazing fun
good sports and entertainment facilities