University of Regina

University of Regina Employee Reviews for Lecturer

The university and the city are open to new ideas and that is terrific for the academic work. Students are willing to learn and you have a lot of opportunities to really innovate in teaching. Although I’m busy at all times and thinking about my future (due to the type of contract I have -temporal), I enjoy a lot teaching here. This is a beautiful place to stay and work.
Learn your CA as son as possible. Trust nobody in HR or URFA - union. HR is a mess and URFA has its own agenda, so they might not help you. It is all about who you know.
Sessional lectures do what sessional lecturers do. If you enjoy teaching on a term to term basis with little long term security and you have the required degrees, you can do it. There is a time and place for it and universities are requiring more of them. I don't think University of Regina is a bad place to work: probably just as good as a lot of universities.
It was good processional environment to work in the University of Regina. Learned the management skills. The most enjoyable part was to lead the team of 5 members for the work assignments.
Part time teaching and consulting, taught night classes, workshops, and lunch and learn series. I highly recommend UoR as an educational institute but they need to draw a line when it comes to competing with the private sector. .