University of Regina Employee Reviews for Graduate Researcher

4.0Pay & Benefits
Good University of work and study
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK13 July 2017
The low fees within all around Canada it is a great place to work and study as the students are less dependent on external jobs to pay their fees. The professors are nice but the university needs to improve the quality of professors.
Work and Passion = High Productivity
On a professional level, I am a kind of person that will always want to give my best to any task, no matter how small, or how large. At every point in time at work, I am always willing to teach and learn. This have always been my guiding philosophy at work place and even on a personal level. I respect time specification and do everything within my capacity to ensure that I deliver on a given task. Ideally, it is only fair on my side to say that I have passion for everything that do, from my studies to my responsibilities as a Teaching and Research Assistant in the University of Regina for two semesters (September, 2013 – April, 2014). In the course of my job, I have established a very good relationship with Course Instructors and students alike, owing to the passion and determination I put into the job. I have obtained a ‘Certificate in Teaching’ here in University of Regina and also a Certificate in Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) training in the same university.
I have also taking up other jobs like Inventory Person and Exam Invigilator in the university here which does not necessarily require any high level of academic experience. This is to show that I can fit into any position and deliver as specified provided I am been told what to do or given a specific talk.
On a personal level, I have passion for volunteering. I am currently a volunteer with Regina Alternative Measures Program (RAMP). I am also a trained and certified Victim Advocate/Surrogate. As a Victim Surrogate with RAMP, my job involves helping victims and offenders referred to RAMP by the Provincial
  more... Court through a ‘healing process and counseling’ (restorative justice) in an extrajudicial manner. I am also a volunteer with Canadian Red Cross/Wascana Rehabilitation Centre here in Regina. Here, I assist in the Craft Centre, helping in making craft, interacting and keeping company with Canadian War Veterans. Before now, I was also a volunteer in Tromso, Norway during my first graduate program. As part of volunteering for Red Cross International, I taught high school students ‘nonviolent communication skills’, ‘Crisis Management’ and ‘Becoming a Promising Youths: the Dos and Don’ts’. These short courses took me to different schools within the Tromso community.

On a more social and organizational level, I can work independently but also enjoy working with people as a team. I have an appreciable level of leadership skills and my level of relationship with people regardless of one’s background, whether at work or on a personal level is also superb.
Pros
Have eye for details
Cons
Don't be lazy around me!