University of Regina

University of Regina Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

I enjoy working for the University and recommend it highly. The department I work for is supportive and informative. I was well trained for my job and I fit in nicely.
If you like getting text books thrown at you then this is the place for you. Most of the professor's were okay to work with, loved helping most of them, and the student's.
Pros
Day hours
Cons
to many bosses
A typical day at work is about communication with the head administrative assistant, update the emails income and outgoing. Advise the student facilitator of her schedule for the day. Finish other office duties given, if it be filing, putting mail in mailboxes, typing out documents of all kinds, helping students with questions on the nursing course. The hardest part of my job is keeping every student calm and focused. The information is ongoing and there is a lot of reading involved in a day. The emails can be repeatative but beneficial to answer each one on a timely manner. The most enjoyable part is being with my co workers and meeting all the staff in the U of R.
Pros
Free lunches for staff and other events
Cons
there are no cons
Term position staff are promised extensions or opportunity to advance, but are hardly ever followed through on. Otherwise a fantastic work environment with cultural events and great networking.
Pros
free bbqs and events
Cons
job security is very low if you are a term employee
1. At present job • Organizing and preparing documents for images • Scanning, and verifying documents and indexes images • Performing clerical tasks, such as indexed documents according to an established new folder • Archiving files, emails, doing mails and assisting with special project such as Shen Kuo program • Using Banner, Caspur reports and GroupWise knowledge and possessing skills in the use of student databases • Assisting with admissions and Registration • responsible for general correspondence and bulk mailing; sorts and distributes mail • Learning lots of policies and procedures of University • Work well with co-workers • The hardest work is dealed with different program problem of graduate students • The most enjoyable part of job is solved problem for different students