University of Regina

University of Regina Employee Reviews

Work culture is very nice, friendly and inclusive, yet salaries are not very good for contractual and short term positions. The staff is friendly, collaborative, and always ready to help out.

Productive and fun working with tabs

Working with such amazing people and also meeting the needs of my admirable supervisor that always gives me motivation and am very proud to have that in my workplace

Pros

Free lunches

Great place to work.

It was a great place to work. Most of the employee were students and they placed us based on our availability. Their wages is reasonable compared to other employers.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Exact hour

Glad to work with students, and getting more knowledge.

My knowledge, this is the best university. It gave me a bright future. It gave me the chance to helps others and the environment. As a University student, who has never failed to meet a project deadline during my past four years of education period at the University of Regina. Aiming to leverage my research skills, my writing, and knowledge of product development for the safe environment of the community with an internship.My strong work ethic and prior educational experience will ensure that I make meaningful contributions to our city of Regina’s goals. These goals I can succeed only with your financial support.

Pros

Getting money, and knowledge.

Cons

The Covid-19

Great Place to work as a part time student

For university of regina students, working on campus is a great option, comparatively high salary and a decent work environment makes this a great place for students to work

Fun Place

I love all the work that i did at the university of Regina, from interactions with the Students, to lecture presentations and conferences, the experience was surreal.

Good experience

I liked it here with good job culture and management. Everyone is supportive and inclusive. I would recommend to anyone starting university and new to the environment

Great, collaborative team

I worked for flexible learning. My boss was the best boss I've ever had. I worked on projects that used my skills and I learned a lot. My coworkers were incredibly helpful.

The place to grow personally and academically

The university and the city are open to new ideas and that is terrific for the academic work. Students are willing to learn and you have a lot of opportunities to really innovate in teaching. Although I’m busy at all times and thinking about my future (due to the type of contract I have -temporal), I enjoy a lot teaching here. This is a beautiful place to stay and work.

Wonderful group of people to work with.

The camaraderie among staff. The various departments at the University often work together and the outcome is often a new work friend. The management was very good and helped improve and advance rather than hinder.

Pros

great work environment

Cons

have to pay for parking

Jobs at University of Regina

See more jobs

Productive and good learning experience

I worked as a teaching assistant for first year labs. It helps me in polishing my communication skills too. There was a huge diversity as I had some students from engineering as well. I tried to simplify my teaching methodology. Overall, I really enjoyed my duties.

good work life balance

Good work life balance You are made aware of your weekly duties a few months in advance and the dates in which you can make yourself available. Overall good working conditions.

In or Out

Learn your CA as son as possible. Trust nobody in HR or URFA - union. HR is a mess and URFA has its own agenda, so they might not help you. It is all about who you know.

Friendly and supportive.

I enjoy working for the University and recommend it highly. The department I work for is supportive and informative. I was well trained for my job and I fit in nicely.

Really depends.

It depends on which professor you need to work with. Some of them are really picky and like to ask you to overtime without extra pay, but some of them are really nice, and you can be really good friends.

Excellent Team of academics, staff and students.

One of the best places i had the pleasure to work for. As with most post secondary institutions, the University's strength was the employees that they hired.

best work place

this is the best workplace. but they do not give so many opportunities to the international students so they need to give more opportunity to the international students

Great workplace

Friendly workplace and I do love working there😍. After work term I was offered with part time work and I accepted it. I appreciate all the help from my supervisors

good place

I like working there but the pay was a little bit low. but the team and the management was super good. the work was not too hard was doable. I have learned a lot especially how to deal and manage student and their needs

Great place to focus on your line of research

I worked with several colleagues in the university and had amazing experiences. I suggest connecting your line of research to several experienced researchers in UofR to become stronger.

young minds to interact with, lively and fun environment, it's a university

Busy in summer due to new academic session, otherwise, normal pace of work. Management could be better, need more training and exposure to understand the diversity of their workers from different cultural background. Good place to work, young minds to interact with, lively and fun environment, it's a university.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Regina. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.5