University of Regina

University of Regina Employee Reviews

For university of regina students, working on campus is a great option, comparatively high salary and a decent work environment makes this a great place for students to work
I love all the work that i did at the university of Regina, from interactions with the Students, to lecture presentations and conferences, the experience was surreal.
I liked it here with good job culture and management. Everyone is supportive and inclusive. I would recommend to anyone starting university and new to the environment
I worked for flexible learning. My boss was the best boss I've ever had. I worked on projects that used my skills and I learned a lot. My coworkers were incredibly helpful.
The university and the city are open to new ideas and that is terrific for the academic work. Students are willing to learn and you have a lot of opportunities to really innovate in teaching. Although I’m busy at all times and thinking about my future (due to the type of contract I have -temporal), I enjoy a lot teaching here. This is a beautiful place to stay and work.
The camaraderie among staff. The various departments at the University often work together and the outcome is often a new work friend. The management was very good and helped improve and advance rather than hinder.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
have to pay for parking
I worked as a teaching assistant for first year labs. It helps me in polishing my communication skills too. There was a huge diversity as I had some students from engineering as well. I tried to simplify my teaching methodology. Overall, I really enjoyed my duties.
Good work life balance You are made aware of your weekly duties a few months in advance and the dates in which you can make yourself available. Overall good working conditions.
Learn your CA as son as possible. Trust nobody in HR or URFA - union. HR is a mess and URFA has its own agenda, so they might not help you. It is all about who you know.
I enjoy working for the University and recommend it highly. The department I work for is supportive and informative. I was well trained for my job and I fit in nicely.
It depends on which professor you need to work with. Some of them are really picky and like to ask you to overtime without extra pay, but some of them are really nice, and you can be really good friends.
One of the best places i had the pleasure to work for. As with most post secondary institutions, the University's strength was the employees that they hired.
this is the best workplace. but they do not give so many opportunities to the international students so they need to give more opportunity to the international students
Friendly workplace and I do love working there😍. After work term I was offered with part time work and I accepted it. I appreciate all the help from my supervisors
I like working there but the pay was a little bit low. but the team and the management was super good. the work was not too hard was doable. I have learned a lot especially how to deal and manage student and their needs
I worked with several colleagues in the university and had amazing experiences. I suggest connecting your line of research to several experienced researchers in UofR to become stronger.
Busy in summer due to new academic session, otherwise, normal pace of work. Management could be better, need more training and exposure to understand the diversity of their workers from different cultural background. Good place to work, young minds to interact with, lively and fun environment, it's a university.
As spanish lab instructor you get to know people from all around the globe, you have the freedom to choose the activities the student will work on to improve their speaking skills.
Excellent company to work for. Would highly recommend to anyone. Really enjoy working with the people and the environment. Good parking options. decent benefits.
Sessional lectures do what sessional lecturers do. If you enjoy teaching on a term to term basis with little long term security and you have the required degrees, you can do it. There is a time and place for it and universities are requiring more of them. I don't think University of Regina is a bad place to work: probably just as good as a lot of universities.
Good coomunity; good voluntary work environment; Some cons include long hours of standing still but otherwise the work is exciting, you ge to meet new people
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours standing