University of Regina Employee Reviews

Physical health facilities.
Student in Education (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK28 June 2018
University of Regina is a good workplace culture as we can see several people of different nationalities who work there. In summary, everyone can fin a place in this great institution.
Pros
gym local
Cons
a lot of people
Good university
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK9 June 2018
There are many novel research topics in which many students from different countries are active. University of Regina has a very live and friendly campus
Good place
Enrolment Services Specialist, Student Affairs (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK4 May 2018
Good place , good to learn, a lots of software. few people, and a lot of work to do, but still fun.
need to learn a lot of University procedure, not suitable for short tern job.
Pros
not long hours
Loved the vibe at the University and the staff were fun to work with
Healthy Workplace Advisor (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK29 April 2018
This was a temporary term position in Human Resources and I loved this fast paced challenging job. I loved the work but wanted only part-time temporary and the contract ran out as the full-time incumbent returned from Mat. Leave
Pros
The comaraderie of the staff
Cons
There is no parking close to the Department I worked in
Great University!
Programmer Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK9 April 2018
- UofR Alumni, great university!
- Fantastic place to study and grow in IT professional career.
- Multicultural workplace & city & people
- Teamwork
good in overall
Teacher Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK6 April 2018
Going into a big renovation since the engineering department has grown up. flexible hours to work and can move easily from one building to another with the company truck.
Best employer for internships
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK29 March 2018
The environment is professional and the systems are cutting edge which provides timeless experience to kick start your career. Free gym, swimming pools and excellent training opportunities.
Fun Workplace
GRADUATE TEACHING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK28 March 2018
The experience was good and fun. It was nice to new people, live the Canadian culture and enjoy the work.

People were supportive and friendly.

Learned a lot.
it is a fun workplace to be in
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK26 March 2018
their work ethnics are good and the supervisors are nice. They pay good money, there are long hours but the money is totally worth it. the management is understanding.
Pros
paid for coffee breaks
Hated this place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK31 January 2018
If you like getting text books thrown at you then this is the place for you.

Most of the professor's were okay to work with, loved helping most of them, and the student's.
Pros
Day hours
Cons
to many bosses
Job summary
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK15 January 2018
A typical day at work is about communication with the head administrative assistant, update the emails income and outgoing. Advise the student facilitator of her schedule for the day. Finish other office duties given, if it be filing, putting mail in mailboxes, typing out documents of all kinds, helping students with questions on the nursing course. The hardest part of my job is keeping every student calm and focused. The information is ongoing and there is a lot of reading involved in a day. The emails can be repeatative but beneficial to answer each one on a timely manner.
The most enjoyable part is being with my co workers and meeting all the staff in the U of R.
Pros
Free lunches for staff and other events
Cons
there are no cons
Excellent teamwork
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK14 January 2018
I enjoyed the challenges my job offered. I was supported by HR, Finance and Administration. I was even supported by the Union. I did have some disgruntled employees but I think staff respected my due process and due diligence when faced workplace incidents. I focused on fairness and consistency.

The hardest part was managing the Store's assets. I enjoyed the challenges but moving inventory took work. The University gave good support, I looked forward to work each day and I would work there again.
Pros
freedom, friendly, supportive and good pay.
Cons
consistent communication
University of Regina review
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK27 December 2017
Great working environment and supportive team dynamics. Unfortunately limited career advancements due to available budget and difficulty receiving research grants.
Otherwise, a very pleasant place to work and further develop career skills with great people.
Pros
Great team members
Cons
Limited budget for research opportunities
It was a good place.
Lab Instructor (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK23 December 2017
University of Regina was a goo place to work and the people there were nice. There were no problems and everything was smooth. I enjoyed my time there.
Great workplace
International Peer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK29 August 2017
It is a fun, collaborative environment. Colleagues are always willing to offer assistance and managers are always willing to go the extra mile to ensure you're clear on what the expectations are.
Pros
Daycare
Cons
Parking
Large business
Finance Specialist - Library Technical Services (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK25 August 2017
My typical day at work is coding invoices and entering into the acquisitions software. I have learned how a library system works and the processes in which it runs. Everyone is very friendly and welcoming. The hardest part of the job is continuing to keep busy due to budget cuts. The most enjoyable part of the job is doing monthly reports and reconciling accounts.
Great Job Environment, Terrible Job Security
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK25 July 2017
Term position staff are promised extensions or opportunity to advance, but are hardly ever followed through on. Otherwise a fantastic work environment with cultural events and great networking.
Pros
free bbqs and events
Cons
job security is very low if you are a term employee
Good University of work and study
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK13 July 2017
The low fees within all around Canada it is a great place to work and study as the students are less dependent on external jobs to pay their fees. The professors are nice but the university needs to improve the quality of professors.
One of the best places to pursue research and education
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK10 July 2017
The University of Regina provides a very safe and healthy environment for its students. I personally feel it is one of the best places to perform research and pursue education.
great opportunities, learning environment
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK10 June 2017
Great opportunities, learning environment, multicultural and friendly atmosphere. Helpful staff and great experience. Management is quite helpful and encourage to have better options.