University of Regina

University of Regina Employee Reviews

Canada95 reviews
The place to grow personally and academically
The university and the city are open to new ideas and that is terrific for the academic work.
Students are willing to learn and you have a lot of opportunities to really innovate in teaching.

Although I’m busy at all times and thinking about my future (due to the type of contract I have -temporal), I enjoy a lot teaching here. This is a beautiful place to stay and work.
Wonderful group of people to work with.
The camaraderie among staff. The various departments at the University often work together and the outcome is often a new work friend. The management was very good and helped improve and advance rather than hinder.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
have to pay for parking
Productive and good learning experience
I worked as a teaching assistant for first year labs. It helps me in polishing my communication skills too. There was a huge diversity as I had some students from engineering as well. I tried to simplify my teaching methodology. Overall, I really enjoyed my duties.
good work life balance
Good work life balance
You are made aware of your weekly duties a few months in advance and the dates in which you can make yourself available.

Overall good working conditions.
In or Out
Learn your CA as son as possible. Trust nobody in HR or URFA - union. HR is a mess and URFA has its own agenda, so they might not help you. It is all about who you know.
Friendly and supportive.
I enjoy working for the University and recommend it highly. The department I work for is supportive and informative. I was well trained for my job and I fit in nicely.
Really depends.
It depends on which professor you need to work with. Some of them are really picky and like to ask you to overtime without extra pay, but some of them are really nice, and you can be really good friends.
Excellent Team of academics, staff and students.
One of the best places i had the pleasure to work for. As with most post secondary institutions, the University's strength was the employees that they hired.
best work place
this is the best workplace. but they do not give so many opportunities to the international students so they need to give more opportunity to the international students
Great workplace
Friendly workplace and I do love working there😍. After work term I was offered with part time work and I accepted it. I appreciate all the help from my supervisors
good place
I like working there but the pay was a little bit low. but the team and the management was super good. the work was not too hard was doable. I have learned a lot especially how to deal and manage student and their needs
Great place to focus on your line of research
I worked with several colleagues in the university and had amazing experiences. I suggest connecting your line of research to several experienced researchers in UofR to become stronger.
young minds to interact with, lively and fun environment, it's a university
Busy in summer due to new academic session, otherwise, normal pace of work.
Management could be better, need more training and exposure to understand the diversity of their workers from different cultural background.

Good place to work, young minds to interact with, lively and fun environment, it's a university.
Fun and interesting workplace
As spanish lab instructor you get to know people from all around the globe, you have the freedom to choose the activities the student will work on to improve their speaking skills.
Excellent company to work for
Excellent company to work for. Would highly recommend to anyone. Really enjoy working with the people and the environment. Good parking options. decent benefits.
It is a university
Sessional lectures do what sessional lecturers do. If you enjoy teaching on a term to term basis with little long term security and you have the required degrees, you can do it. There is a time and place for it and universities are requiring more of them. I don't think University of Regina is a bad place to work: probably just as good as a lot of universities.
Its okay
Good coomunity; good voluntary work environment; Some cons include long hours of standing still but otherwise the work is exciting, you ge to meet new people
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours standing
Great place to work, friendly staffs and co workers
Great place to work, friendly staffs and co workers, I learnt on the job, customer service was the goal and making sure customers were satisfied with the servuce
Pros
flexyble for students
Work balance environment, fun and productive place
Easy to learn from this job environment, creative work, have great facility, Excellent communication between between each of employee. We can easily understand whatever we need.
Pros
Good communication
Cons
short hours
day at work
it's nice when handling different type of culture in one area. My co-workers were not all of them are kind, they always put the blame to someone else and leave their shift and I have to take their shift.
Pros
discriminations
Cons
nice head managers
a good place to study
This city is quiet and a small town which is good for studying and taking a breath to learn. In the Univeristy of Regina, you could learn very much from professors, teachers, even from TAs. As long as you are willing to communicate with others, there always a way for you to learn more.