University of Prince Edward Island

University of Prince Edward Island Employee Reviews

Canada34 reviews

It was worthwhile with standard library equipment

Review about my job at University of Prince Edward IslandMy job at the University of Prince Edward Island was great and lovable. The working condition is nice.

Pros

Lunch breaks

Excellent workplace for meeting new people and forging friendships

Typically would work on a few rooms with a group of about 3 people throughout the day. Some days had more some less. Generally, the workload wasn't too crazy and there were many days where we were all able to leave early as there was just no work to be had.

Would recommend.

I learnt a lot of conflict resolution, how to take care of students, to be welcoming, and to adjust my study timetable to always be prepared for student requests and occurrences. I would recommend.

I like working in the office at UPEI and helping students.

During school years, I was hired as a student assistant in Recruitment and International Relations at UPEI. I usually helped international students about different types of VISAs, permits, health cards, or other benefits to aid a better and more comfortable stay in Canada, and also answered phone calls from all over the world about their applications.

Good place to work, multicultural and always looking into the future The university takes care of the students, no matter their nationality, and makes a big community out of them

Mediocre

Alright place to work, wage stays pretty much the same over years. Have to work evenings to start and takes close to 10 years to get onto days. Work is fairly easy though and fellow coworkers are great.

Great job while in school

I had one class a week to assist students in their studies, this opportunity provided extra income and experience grading papers and managing a group, as well as experience that would help with my career.

Student job

Not really a fun job, the staff is not very friendly, a lot of politics inside of departments. Did not like it.

Pros

The professors are very nice to work with.

Cons

Lack of dedication on behalf of the staff.

Great place for a student

I worked as a language lab assistant and as a tutor. Because of the nature of these jobs, I was often able to build my own schedule around other employment and school work.

Good Environment

Good place to work! Fun people and job opportunities. Great people to work with. Great for all students. Gave me a lot of work experience and references.

Quite and relaxing environment

I worked alone, reviewing bibliographies, correcting any problems that were found. I would scan textbooks, emailing them to a professor as well. I would do it again but I did not receive enough hours.

Pros

Laid back

Cons

not enough hours

Small University with Great ideas!

Same as a large University but scaled down. I did not want to provide a review I just wanted to apply for a job so now I'm typing to get the required c

Productive and frindly environment

Well organized, friendly staff, and exellent managment. The hard part of the job is that standing for a long time The most enjoyable part of the job is working in the lab for the whole time. The most bored work is correct the students reports and exms.

It was Good

I think it is a private thing. I can talk about it in interviews if asked. I don't want to talk about it here. but overall it was a good experience to work there.

Pros

flexible schedules

Cons

good hours

Great Place to work

Great place to work. Working with students keeps you feeling young and busy. Management is really open to new ideas and change. Rooms are spread out over 3 different buildings.

Pros

exciting and fun place to work

Cons

finding good workers

Fun and nice place to work

The place was peaceful and quiet, good energy to work with and everything was lovely, i was incharge of taking orders , receiving cash and attending to customers

Pros

free lunches

Cons

mean customers

a productive academic environment / Fun and challenging in a good way

Helping out students doing the chemical experiments / answer question about calculating math related issues / supervising the lab / correcting the papers and assignments / cooperating with the instructor to operate the lap in a proper way / dumping the chemical solutions out in a safe way / I really enjoyed the learning and challenging environment at this job that really made me to become a better version of myself.

Volunteer

This is one of the volunteer works I carried out through my university years. At the combine we conduct physical assessment of varsity athletes of the school sports teams under the supervision of out lab coordinator.

Excellent Student Job

I worked as a lab TA during my undergrad degree at UPEI. It provided me with great experience and skills that I can use in the future, either in a science based career or as a teacher. However, since it was a student position there was not much opportunity for advancement.

Pros

Work Life Balance

Cons

Limited Hours

Good Experience

Few Hours except summer time.Fair pay just a little bit above minimum wage.Once you get hired, your chances of being rehired increases. Its nice to study and work at the same place.

Fun, versatile and full of activities

Prince Edward island may be small but it is full of big things and opportunities with an aura of perfect balance to everything. I think coming here Is one of the best things that has happened to me.

Pros

Free lunches, fun activities.

Cons

None that i can think of

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Prince Edward Island. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3