University of Prince Edward Island

University of Prince Edward Island Employee Reviews

Canada34 reviews
Typically would work on a few rooms with a group of about 3 people throughout the day. Some days had more some less. Generally, the workload wasn't too crazy and there were many days where we were all able to leave early as there was just no work to be had.
I learnt a lot of conflict resolution, how to take care of students, to be welcoming, and to adjust my study timetable to always be prepared for student requests and occurrences. I would recommend.
During school years, I was hired as a student assistant in Recruitment and International Relations at UPEI. I usually helped international students about different types of VISAs, permits, health cards, or other benefits to aid a better and more comfortable stay in Canada, and also answered phone calls from all over the world about their applications.
Good place to work, multicultural and always looking into the future
The university takes care of the students, no matter their nationality, and makes a big community out of them
Alright place to work, wage stays pretty much the same over years. Have to work evenings to start and takes close to 10 years to get onto days. Work is fairly easy though and fellow coworkers are great.
I had one class a week to assist students in their studies, this opportunity provided extra income and experience grading papers and managing a group, as well as experience that would help with my career.
Not really a fun job, the staff is not very friendly, a lot of politics inside of departments. Did not like it.
Pros
The professors are very nice to work with.
Cons
Lack of dedication on behalf of the staff.
I worked as a language lab assistant and as a tutor. Because of the nature of these jobs, I was often able to build my own schedule around other employment and school work.
Good place to work! Fun people and job opportunities. Great people to work with. Great for all students. Gave me a lot of work experience and references.
I worked alone, reviewing bibliographies, correcting any problems that were found. I would scan textbooks, emailing them to a professor as well. I would do it again but I did not receive enough hours.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
not enough hours
Same as a large University but scaled down. I did not want to provide a review I just wanted to apply for a job so now I'm typing to get the required c
Well organized, friendly staff, and exellent managment.
The hard part of the job is that standing for a long time

The most enjoyable part of the job is working in the lab for the whole time.

The most bored work is correct the students reports and exms.
I think it is a private thing. I can talk about it in interviews if asked. I don't want to talk about it here. but overall it was a good experience to work there.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
good hours
Great place to work. Working with students keeps you feeling young and busy. Management is really open to new ideas and change. Rooms are spread out over 3 different buildings.
Pros
exciting and fun place to work
Cons
finding good workers
The place was peaceful and quiet, good energy to work with and everything was lovely, i was incharge of taking orders , receiving cash and attending to customers
Pros
free lunches
Cons
mean customers
Helping out students doing the chemical experiments / answer question about calculating math related issues / supervising the lab / correcting the papers and assignments / cooperating with the instructor to operate the lap in a proper way / dumping the chemical solutions out in a safe way /

I really enjoyed the learning and challenging environment at this job that really made me to become a better version of myself.
This is one of the volunteer works I carried out through my university years. At the combine we conduct physical assessment of varsity athletes of the school sports teams under the supervision of out lab coordinator.
I worked as a lab TA during my undergrad degree at UPEI. It provided me with great experience and skills that I can use in the future, either in a science based career or as a teacher. However, since it was a student position there was not much opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Limited Hours
Few Hours except summer time.Fair pay just a little bit above minimum wage.Once you get hired, your chances of being rehired increases. Its nice to study and work at the same place.
UPEI provides great employment options to their students. The staff is welcoming and understanding of circumstance. The environment provides a great place for research.
Pros
nice staff, lots of oppotunities
Cons
no advancement, short-term
Prince Edward island may be small but it is full of big things and opportunities with an aura of perfect balance to everything. I think coming here Is one of the best things that has happened to me.
Pros
Free lunches, fun activities.
Cons
None that i can think of