University of Ottawa Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
Driver / Stock Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 August 2018
The place is a terrible place to work. Most managers have no idea as to how to treat employee's. They suck the life out of people. Constant calling in sick - sometimes up to 13 on a Sunday. People just stopped caring and it shows.
Practical work experience
Bilingual Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 July 2018
I worked as an administrator for the Faculty of Education while I was a student at the University of Ottawa. This was an excellent way for me to gain practical work experience and earn extra income while at the same time keeping my studies in mind.
A fun and very active environment
Assistant educator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 July 2018
Volunteering at the University of Ottawa for the science and engineering camp was a great experience because I learned responsibilities and leadership while assisting the educators work with the children.
Pros
Outdoor activities
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 July 2018
Great place to work. Good work life balance.
Flexible timings.
Fun to work.
Multi cultural place
Great Social life.
Good pay.
Not too hectic.
Will recommend to everyone
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Great Experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 June 2018
Working here has been great. My colleagues are patient and helpful, even at times that were difficult and confusing. I also learned a lot and the environment fosters individual learning and self improvement.
Research assistant, Contract (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 June 2018
I have been working at uOttawa full-time for three years as a research assistant. Great opportunity to learn a lot about how to deal with the new problems.
Great mentor
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 May 2018
Being a Teaching Assistant taught me many things, because of this i was able to gain much more confident. In this part of my job my main task was to teach and take doubts from students for undergraduate course.
Best place ever
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 May 2018
Great environment great area nothing but good experiences watching young adult spend thier life in there it felt like a community they were all very nice and very caring of each and every individual that work there
Pros
Very cultural
Cons
No parking
bonne experience
Teching assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 May 2018
bonne experience, travail super intéressant, les étudiants sont gentils
Membrane technology
Trained fellow scientist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 May 2018
I was an invited lecturer on membrane technology.

My special topic I shared with the students are in both the theory and applications of membrane technology.

In waste water treatment, membrane technology is becoming increasingly important. With the help of ultra/microfiltration it is possible to remove particles, colloids and macromolecules, so that waste-water can be disinfected in this way. This is needed if waste-water is discharged into sensitive waters especially those designated for contact water-sports and recreation.
Working as IT at University of Ottawa
Hardware Technician / Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 May 2018
That is fun to work there

The University of Ottawa aspires to employing a staff that fully represents the diversity of Canada's population. As a result, it is committed to employment equity principles and aims to provide an inclusive and barrier-free workplace. Apply today!
Productive and enjoyable
TEACHING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 May 2018
Typical day including attending classes, working with students, answering emails from students and working alongside the course professor. I found the workload was reasonable but it can be difficult when extensive marking must be done.
Good work environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 April 2018
Really good work conditions, great team, meet some really nice people, really good benefits and lots of events on campus for employees.
Fine place to work as a student
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 April 2018
Working for the university during my studies was fine. My job rarely leaked over to intrude with my studies, and they were good at accommodating me as required.
Great place to be
Esports Coach (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 April 2018
I learnt a lot during my time at the university of ottawa.
I learnt 3 years worth of Human kinetics courses. It was very fast paced but very informative.
I assume you ask of this as a work place because I worked as head coach for the League division b and c teams. Yes I was their coach for 2 seasons but I never got paid. Nevertheless, the work environment was awesome, everyone listened well, and input into making the teams better together. thou all students were busy with school, even exams, they still managed to put time into scrimming and practicing. Which to me was amazing.
not very user friendly
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 April 2018
do not want to write things as a result of being held hostage or else you wont post.
you should advise of this at the beginning and be transparent. I dont think i will post again with indeed
Pros
there are many pros
Cons
there are some cons
Good institution
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 April 2018
Good institution with lots of nice programs, learned alot with my classes. I enjoy learning and teaching the new students in lab, I have the aptitude to teach. The hardest part of the job was trying to troubleshoot some of the more complicated parts of chemistry which do not work. But all in all it was a very easy job and very fulfilling.
Not a good place
Optical Communication System Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 April 2018
Not a good place to work. Full of politics and no acceptable management. profs are not knowledgeable enough and the TA allocation is random. Not good supervisors.
Amazing University
Football athlete (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 April 2018
It is an amazing university and theres lots of opportunities. I myself am a full time student at the University and moved out of my parents house from Montreal and I feel at home here in Ottawa.
Research position
Project Assistant in Plant Systematics (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 March 2018
If you're looking to advance your career in research, then this is the job for you. Professors are some of the best in the nation, so take advantage of this opportunity.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Ottawa. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3