University of Ottawa

University of Ottawa Employee Reviews

Worked/studied as a grad student in science for 2.5 years at uOttawa. Work was engaging and stimulating, but days were long and work is always taken home with you. Pay is bad by employment standards, but breaking even while earning a degree is an absolute win. Experiences depend solely on department/supervisor.
Pros
High-paced and engaging work.
Cons
Very little free time.
Not an ideal job, but as a student, a Research Assistant positions is pretty much all you can get. You get flexible hours, and if you have an understanding supervisor, you can easily balance your work and life.
Note taking was collaborative and flexible. I was able to take my own notes and work collaboratively with another student notetaker and the student. It's an excellent job for a first year student in the work student program.
Cons
there was no standardized note taking module/program. We ended up making our own.
Travailler comme assistant de recherche à l'Université d'Ottawa a été extrêmement enrichissant et motivant.
I worked as a Teaching Assistant in University of Ottawa. I assisted undergraduate students by conducting labs, holding tutorials, marking assignments and midterm exams for the course.
Great place to work. Its a very fun environment. If sports are your thing you will probably enjoy working here. A large variety of positions and people.
Great place to work. Hours are long, I loved my job. Great benefits. Challenging to balance work and life. Great campus and atmosphere on campus. A lot of walking.
Pros
great job
Cons
very long hours
Très soucieux de la formation et du suivi des étudiants dans le milieu professionnel.
The University provides excellent atmosphere for the instructors and teaching assistants. I enjoyed very much of the time I've been employed by the University.
Working as an RA (research assistant) was perfect for me! It got me into the working field of the University of Ottawa. My team was supportive, kind, very understanding, dynamic and happy. You always felt listened.
Typical day at University of Ottawa as a Teaching Assistant looks like helping students with their assignments and labs, mentoring them and helping professors in checking assignments and proctoring.
I really like working in the University of Ottawa as a researcher whom was supplied with anything to do my project in a relaxed environment working with reliable and supportive people.
awesome university for master studies. its multicultural and has a diverse environment which is amazing. get to interact with a lot of different people from different backgrounds
I loved working with the professors from the Department of Computer Science at the University of Ottawa. It was an opportunity that both dependdd on my skills and knowledge while giving me ample opportunity to learn and it allowed for my own input and depended on my own initiative.
University of Ottawa is an amazing place to build a career. You have the opportunity to grow and advance in your career. Additionally, it pays well and is located ideally.
Working at the university of Ottawa really helped me develop many skills with many Softwares. Also, it helped me develop my interpersonal skills. I would recommend it to people.
I worked at a summer camp, my bosses were very nice and helpful. It was well organized and I felt secure with my boss a phone call away. My coworkers were very nice.
dynamique, travailleur, courageux, respectueux, sérieux
Allows you to get leadership experience if you were planning on working as a camp group leader for the program. It also allows you to experience the uottawa facilities and teach younger kids about either science or engineering.
J'ai adoré travaillé là-bas, les gens sont vraiment transparants.
Pas de bruit et des conseil donnée par le superviseur