University of Ottawa Employee Reviews

various positions
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 February 2019
Working at uOttawa is nice because I can make pocket money while studying, all in one place. They are very considerate about your school schedule and are willing to work around it.
Student
Student (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 February 2019
Currently I have been enrolled as a student in the course of Masters of electronic Business and Technology in Uottawa. Its a degree which includes both technical and management courses.
Volunteer
Outreach agent (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 February 2019
I have done a lot of volunteer work since I came to Ottawa and started university. Since I didn't want to stay inactive during my past semesters, I enrolled in the volunteer center at the university and did a lot of activity.

I have improved some of my skills such as teamwork, interacting with students and other people (who are considered at the university as clients or customer), etc.
Pros
Improving some skills
Cons
Vibrant communities and easy-accessed campus
Student (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 January 2019
The campus is close to everything that is potentially needed by a student, located at the center of town. Also the shape of the campus kind of encourages people to focus on their own specialties.
Pros
Great location
Cons
High tuition
Creative and Innovative
Part-Time Professor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 January 2019
It has been a creative workplace where developing my own course according to my interests and student participation is valued. Innovative by using current methodologies and teaching techniques.
Environnement de travail positif
Marketing and Sales Assistant / Student Federation (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 January 2019
Excellente culture de travail et un professionnalisme important
Fun Place to Work-Valuable Research Experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 December 2018
Everyone's experience at this university will be different depending on where they work and what funding is like. For the work I contributed, I was grossly underpaid but the work experience was invaluable. The people were fantastic as well.
Wonderful Workplace
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 December 2018
The University of Ottawa is a wonderful place for those people no matter who wants to work or study. Staffs and students from all over the world work and study together with an awesome atmosphere.
Stimulating and engaging work environment!
Spanish Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 November 2018
Stimulating and engaging work environment, colleagues were great, students were great. Teaching assistants are granted a lot of independence when it comes to planning courses and such.
Great place to work for
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 November 2018
Great place to work for. The work environment is fun since it is an educational institution with students. Great view of the campus. More can be done to improve salary benefits
Good working environment
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 November 2018
Good working environment. Working in the university laboratories provides the researcher with experience in the safety, knowledge and communication with peers.
excellent
Creator Space (Former Employee) –  Ottwa6 November 2018
Very nice experience. I learned a lot about software and different instruments.• Responsible for advising students, promoting activities/workshops, administrate the space, and create video lessons on how to use softwares
• Instructed students on how to use music softwares such as Sibelius, Finale, Cubase, Moog Sub Pathy Synthesizer, Roland D50 Linear Vintage Synthesizer, Maschine, Moog Etherwave Plus Theremin, and Roli Seabord
Great workplace with job security.
SUPERVISOR/BARISTA (FULL-TIME) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 October 2018
the coworkers are great, sometimes management is not.
The union is great and definitely provides job security for those not in management.
The benefits you receive are also quite helpful.
Many opportunities, in a wide variety of fields
Administrative officer / print job estimator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 October 2018
I was involved mostly in the financial area, accounts payable and payroll. Was then promoted to senior admin officer in the new copy centre responsible print processes across campus.
Pros
opportunities and job stability
Cons
not many, actually!
very productive lab
MSc Graduate Student& part-time research assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 September 2018
very good management and good environment, interesting new area of research. Fully equipped lab under strong supervision. In general very satisfy and good learning experience
difficult management
Administrator Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 September 2018
higher management is highly confused and its hard to evolve in your career
Hard working
Vising professor (Current Employee) –  Department of mathematics and statistics10 September 2018
Working in department of mathematics and statistics is a good experience for me. I found the attitude of the department very positive and the staff are welcome to help you.
Masters Student
QA/QC (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 September 2018
The school has terrible administration, which as a MSc student you would not think would have such a big impact on your life but it really does. I had to fight to get everything that was promised to me, I even had to fight to get my defense date set up. They don't tell you that if you don't speak french it will be virtually impossible to get a teaching job. Luckily I had an amazing supervisor who I loved but I don't know that I would go back.
Pros
My work was published
Cons
No support from admin staff
good place to learn and grow
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 August 2018
good place to learn and grow.
The pay is quite good but since I was on contract, did not qualify for benefits.
It gave me a great opportunity to learn and grow.
Terrible place to work
Driver / Stock Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 August 2018
The place is a terrible place to work. Most managers have no idea as to how to treat employee's. They suck the life out of people. Constant calling in sick - sometimes up to 13 on a Sunday. People just stopped caring and it shows.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Ottawa. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3