University of Ottawa

University of Ottawa Employee Reviews

Canada375 reviews
Teaching students of undergrad
The University provides excellent atmosphere for the instructors and teaching assistants. I enjoyed very much of the time I've been employed by the University.
Environnement dynamique
Très soucieux de la formation et du suivi des étudiants dans le milieu professionnel.
Great experience
Working as an RA (research assistant) was perfect for me! It got me into the working field of the University of Ottawa. My team was supportive, kind, very understanding, dynamic and happy. You always felt listened.
Decent opportunities for graduates
Typical day at University of Ottawa as a Teaching Assistant looks like helping students with their assignments and labs, mentoring them and helping professors in checking assignments and proctoring.
Relaxed workplace
I really like working in the University of Ottawa as a researcher whom was supplied with anything to do my project in a relaxed environment working with reliable and supportive people.
Great university
awesome university for master studies. its multicultural and has a diverse environment which is amazing. get to interact with a lot of different people from different backgrounds
Teaching Assistant
I loved working with the professors from the Department of Computer Science at the University of Ottawa. It was an opportunity that both dependdd on my skills and knowledge while giving me ample opportunity to learn and it allowed for my own input and depended on my own initiative.
Workplace culture
University of Ottawa is an amazing place to build a career. You have the opportunity to grow and advance in your career. Additionally, it pays well and is located ideally.
Amazing work place where I got to learn many skills
Working at the university of Ottawa really helped me develop many skills with many Softwares. Also, it helped me develop my interpersonal skills. I would recommend it to people.
Fun workplace with good bosses
I worked at a summer camp, my bosses were very nice and helpful. It was well organized and I felt secure with my boss a phone call away. My coworkers were very nice.
great worker
dynamique, travailleur, courageux, respectueux, sérieux
Interesting and Engaging
Allows you to get leadership experience if you were planning on working as a camp group leader for the program. It also allows you to experience the uottawa facilities and teach younger kids about either science or engineering.
Environnement productif
J'ai adoré travaillé là-bas, les gens sont vraiment transparants.
Calme et dynamique
Pas de bruit et des conseil donnée par le superviseur
Extremely fun and great people.
I love everyone I worked with and my manager was great as well. Very easy going and you are respected. Always able to ask for help but work is easy enough that after a few shifts you'll understand it.
New learning experience
A good place to be and enjoyed working there.
I learned the Koha library management system and worked on javascript. My daily tasks included fixing the daily website issues that involved Javascript on the front-end and Koha at the back end.

The hardest part of the job was to learn everything and there was no one to knowledge transfer and there was no documentation.
FUn workplace
Very respectful workplace. Very nice managers who were always willing to help and accommodate for any problems. As for the location it is downtown, fun.
Great Student Job
Great hours, very easy job. If you're sociable and outgoing, you'll do great. A few supervisors that make this job difficult, a few that really care. Great coworkers.
Good
I have had two teaching assistant jobs and so far it has been quite a pleasant experience. The workshops held by TLSS are also a good way to learn about being a TA outside the work experience itself. Overall it is a satisfying learning experience.
I really like my job, I could learn many useful things from my professor and improve my collaborative skills and also I learnt how to teach and correct paper sheets of students and i twas an amusing experience.
Excellent
Un emploi parfait à l'université. Instructif et flexible