University of Ottawa Employee Reviews

Many opportunities, in a wide variety of fields
Administrative officer / print job estimator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 October 2018
I was involved mostly in the financial area, accounts payable and payroll. Was then promoted to senior admin officer in the new copy centre responsible print processes across campus.
Pros
opportunities and job stability
Cons
not many, actually!
difficult management
Administrator Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 September 2018
higher management is highly confused and its hard to evolve in your career
Hard working
Vising professor (Current Employee) –  Department of mathematics and statistics10 September 2018
Working in department of mathematics and statistics is a good experience for me. I found the attitude of the department very positive and the staff are welcome to help you.
Masters Student
QA/QC (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 September 2018
The school has terrible administration, which as a MSc student you would not think would have such a big impact on your life but it really does. I had to fight to get everything that was promised to me, I even had to fight to get my defense date set up. They don't tell you that if you don't speak french it will be virtually impossible to get a teaching job. Luckily I had an amazing supervisor who I loved but I don't know that I would go back.
Pros
My work was published
Cons
No support from admin staff
good place to learn and grow
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 August 2018
good place to learn and grow.
The pay is quite good but since I was on contract, did not qualify for benefits.
It gave me a great opportunity to learn and grow.
Terrible place to work
Driver / Stock Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 August 2018
The place is a terrible place to work. Most managers have no idea as to how to treat employee's. They suck the life out of people. Constant calling in sick - sometimes up to 13 on a Sunday. People just stopped caring and it shows.
Great Professors and Programs
Ph.D. Candidate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 July 2018
Overall the University of Ottawa is a great university. Located in the heart of Canada's capital it is a great place to learn and grow your professional network as a graduate student. Workplace culture is relaxed.
Practical work experience
Bilingual Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 July 2018
I worked as an administrator for the Faculty of Education while I was a student at the University of Ottawa. This was an excellent way for me to gain practical work experience and earn extra income while at the same time keeping my studies in mind.
A fun and very active environment
Assistant educator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 July 2018
Volunteering at the University of Ottawa for the science and engineering camp was a great experience because I learned responsibilities and leadership while assisting the educators work with the children.
Pros
Outdoor activities
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 July 2018
Great place to work. Good work life balance.
Flexible timings.
Fun to work.
Multi cultural place
Great Social life.
Good pay.
Not too hectic.
Will recommend to everyone
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Great Experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 June 2018
Working here has been great. My colleagues are patient and helpful, even at times that were difficult and confusing. I also learned a lot and the environment fosters individual learning and self improvement.
Research assistant, Contract (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 June 2018
I have been working at uOttawa full-time for three years as a research assistant. Great opportunity to learn a lot about how to deal with the new problems.
Great mentor
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 May 2018
Being a Teaching Assistant taught me many things, because of this i was able to gain much more confident. In this part of my job my main task was to teach and take doubts from students for undergraduate course.
Best place ever
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 May 2018
Great environment great area nothing but good experiences watching young adult spend thier life in there it felt like a community they were all very nice and very caring of each and every individual that work there
Pros
Very cultural
Cons
No parking
bonne experience
Teching assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 May 2018
bonne experience, travail super intéressant, les étudiants sont gentils
Membrane technology
Trained fellow scientist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 May 2018
I was an invited lecturer on membrane technology.

My special topic I shared with the students are in both the theory and applications of membrane technology.

In waste water treatment, membrane technology is becoming increasingly important. With the help of ultra/microfiltration it is possible to remove particles, colloids and macromolecules, so that waste-water can be disinfected in this way. This is needed if waste-water is discharged into sensitive waters especially those designated for contact water-sports and recreation.
Working as IT at University of Ottawa
Hardware Technician / Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 May 2018
That is fun to work there

The University of Ottawa aspires to employing a staff that fully represents the diversity of Canada's population. As a result, it is committed to employment equity principles and aims to provide an inclusive and barrier-free workplace. Apply today!
Productive and enjoyable
TEACHING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 May 2018
Typical day including attending classes, working with students, answering emails from students and working alongside the course professor. I found the workload was reasonable but it can be difficult when extensive marking must be done.
Good work environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 April 2018
Really good work conditions, great team, meet some really nice people, really good benefits and lots of events on campus for employees.
Fine place to work as a student
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 April 2018
Working for the university during my studies was fine. My job rarely leaked over to intrude with my studies, and they were good at accommodating me as required.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Ottawa. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3