University of Ottawa Heart Institute

University of Ottawa Heart Institute Employee Reviews

I did summer job here. It is a nice place. It is fun, exciting, and awesome opportunity. I have enjoyed working with children and I have made a good memory.
People at the heart institute care for each other and patient safety culture is paramount. Amazing place to work at. Great opportunities to grow professionally.
great workplace with collaborative effort from the staff. managers were helpful and supportive of any needs and accommodations. organized and well-structured
My typical day at work required being on the floors with healthcare professionals and providing them guidance on how to navigate a new system and help them do their job, which is providing patients with optimal care.
The new campus is beautiful and the people who work there are great people. Great experience as a first hospital to work at. I was an intern of which there are many for research
Good work and team environment. Staff are supportive and friendly. There is an opportunity to advance your career within the institute. Work hours are good.
The Heart Institute is like a big family, where everyone knows everyone. That makes collaboration and innovation move faster and with more success. Its a great place to work.
Unpredictable portion of the day is the most interesting. Work days depend on donor interaction. Team involvement is very important and essential within the Foundation. Fundraising event involvement is enjoyable.
Pros
lunches and Christmas gatherings and activities
People are nice to work with, the facility is nice, good to start out with your research or to continue it. So good for all students, undergrad, masters, PhD.
It all depends on what you do, I was a volunteer for a little while so I didn't get to witness the whole employee outcome. I did however have an amazing staff assisting my work and even took suggestions when I had a few in mind.
Pros
Great Staff, Great Hours, Flexible
Cons
Wish it was longer
Innovative workplace right at the center of the nations capital. Fast paced environment with a focus on high value patient oriented care with good work life balance.
Great place, great people. Worked as coop student and everyone was so loving and thoughtful. Made some friends and inspired me to go into medicine.....
The UOHI is an amazing place to work. They do incredible work there and everybody from the housekeepers to the CEO are fantastic. Being apart of that team feels great, and getting to connect with patients is the best part.
I have worked here the past 6 years and have found UOHI to be a great place for an RN to work. Funding is provided differently to specialty hospitals and with that we are able to have better equipment and better nurse to patient ratios.
The UOHI is a great place to work. They really care about the patients but there is not enough support in certain programs making it difficult to do ones hob.
I did my 5 weeks internship from durham college and learn a lot about medical devices such as ultrasound, defribillators, pacemakers, dialysis, pumps, beds, stretches, ecgs and it was a good experience.
UOHI is one of the best hospital in the world. I work with a pioneer cardiac surgeon, who is a clinician and basic researcher as well. I have learned a lot from him and other researchers, nurses and technical staff.
The staff at the UOHI go above and beyond. They are more than willing to help if you get lost or need help. The atmosphere is positive and comfortable while maintaining extreme professionalism.
I worked with the Biomedical Engineering Department while completing my College Co-op. It was such a positive experience working there. Everyone is very knowledgeable and friendly. It is an overall great working environment.
A typical day at work includes doing general lab duties. Learned a lot about what it takes to work in a Molecular Genetics laboratory. The staff and personnel are very knowledgeable.
The University of Ottawa Heart Institute is a caring and employee friendly employer. Everyone is working towards the same goal as a team to provide excellent care and compassion. This was my most pleasant and rewarding work experience. The days were extremely busy but always rewarding.
Pros
Seeing the results of cardiac surgery patients with positive outcomes
Cons