University of Ontario Institute of Technology

University of Ontario Institute of Technology Employee Review

View all University of Ontario Institute of Technology reviews

This research job is a tremendous experience and it will pave the way for my future endeavors in the automotive industry
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON17 May 2013
I have learned a lot about the safety requirements of an automobile as well as the amount of danger drivers and passengers are faced with when travelling. Safety in cars has improved a lot over the last decade, but there is still a lot of room for improvement to ensure the safety of our families and loved ones when travelling in a vehicle.
My co-workers have been excellent, very informative and are always willing to help when I require their assistance. The opportunity to interact with such intelligent people and learn from them is something I hope to pass on.
Pros
A lot of high tech equipment available, especially the truck simulator.
Cons
Simulations in LS-DYNA take days to complete because of the complexity of our project

Other University of Ontario Institute of Technology Employee Reviews

Great place for fresh graduates to grow
Software-packager and Image Creator (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON3 April 2018
As a software packager i spent a good part of the day editing and coding scripts so that they would automatically deployable.

I learned how to code in AutoIT, C# and Java.

Everyone was extremely friendly and willing to help you learn.
Pros
Exposure to a variety of problems
Cons
Long Hours during crunch periods
An excellent work place for students completing undergraduate degrees.
Technical Associate Assistant (Former Employee) –  University of Ontario Institute Of technology28 March 2018
This is an excellent place for students to work during their undergraduate. The supervisors are understanding and relate-able, and often allow flexibility to accommodate your needs and schedule.