University of New Brunswick Employee Reviews

UNB Review Summary
Student (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB10 March 2019
Great place to go to school overall. Some of the policies are ridiculous however and as a student your service to the university is not always respected. For the most part the professors are good however, some need to be seriously reviewed.
Pros
Beautiful Campus
Cons
Bad policies
Fun workplace
Sodexo Catering Member (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB13 February 2019
Enjoyed a lot during work with co-workers. Flexible and anytime can go out and drinking. Friendly atmosphere where every boss and employee are really good friend and they do good attitude with each other.
Worst Job I've ever had
Sales (Former Employee) –  CEL Fredericton, NB30 October 2018
Worked at CEL
Very unhealthy environment
Uncivil; there were no 'good mornings'... Manager quit and their boss never knew how to manage people.
Never had my boss ever come into my office, or that of my coworkers to say 'hello' or good morning.
Not really a cold environment per se, but not friendly
Masters Student
Teaching Assistant, Fredericton (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB24 October 2018
Good experience at UNB, lots of friendly people in the program, very well respected and educated profesors who will help you be successful in your research
Challenging but fun
Research Student (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB19 October 2018
I enjoyed my time as a research student looking into a new problem of mathematics with professionals of the field of study. I got to enjoy a math conference with experts of relatable content.
productive and wonderful experience
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Electrical Engineering8 October 2018
Working at the University of New Brunswick has been amazing. I am privileged to work under outstanding and understanding managers who have the interest of their employees at heart. The Jobs I have had the opportunity to take up has made me a better person and improved various skills I have.
Great people to work with
Student Campus Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB7 August 2018
The other students are easy to work with and great to get to know. The events that you get to work at are sometimes not advertised and you may get to see something you have never seen before.
Design Student (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB18 July 2018
The faculty was supportive of students, with everyone that I attempted to contact agreeing to a meeting. This made it a great learning experience in a variety of fields.
Encouraging and challenging research group
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB17 April 2018
Your experience at UNB will really depend on what research group you are assigned to. Mine was very exciting, the professor encouraged to work hard and play hard.
Unb
CAMPUS WELLNESS ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB11 April 2018
As someone who has worked in various departments at the University I have had very few negative experiences. There is a strong sense of support and mentorship at the university. I felt very comfortable approaching my boss for support and enjoyed the work I did.
Good Side Job
Student Marker (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB13 March 2018
I worked as a student marker for the engineering department. The work was straight forward, and did not take a long time to complete grading assignments.
6 month contract
Project Manager, IT (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB7 March 2018
Management was sneaky

People did not want you to do a good job, they just wanted you to show up

finger pointing was a typical part of the day.

sad because it is a great university
Pros
free gym and class
Cons
pay and people
Great engineering faculty
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB6 March 2018
I work as an undergrad student here for two different professors. I did everything from instruct lower year labs to design and manufacture a fluidized bed reactor. Management and workplace culture were good.
Pros
Flexible hours, and access to resources
Cons
obsolete labs and working areas
Amazing
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB7 February 2018
Working for UNB was a very rewarding opportunity. Working with the community that I lived in and learned with was one of the best experiences of my life.
Lack of clarity for expectations
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB28 January 2018
My jobs was only for a small portion of the department. I was left to work without expectations being made clear. Overall, an average experience. Would recommend researching each department/job individually.
Great place to learn
Part Time Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB22 January 2018
I was always treated well, great learning environment. It is a university so there is always politics within each department which is frustrating, but overall good place to work.
Extraordinary study-work life
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB28 November 2017
I have been involved in implementing the algorithms for spatial data structure, team skills, work-life balance, multicultural environment, friendly atmosphere, all age-grouped colleagues
I was a student
Student (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB9 November 2017
As a student I worked closely with the staff at the College of Extended Learning and they were wonderful to work with. The staff is caring, professional, and very hands-on. They respond to requests in a timely fashion and they are friendly and encouraging.
Excellent Customer Service
Accounting Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB13 October 2017
School is rated good. Training on and off the job is makes the job interested. I will recommend studying in the school if you are looking for a work/study position.
Painter (casual & summer) (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB26 September 2017
Working for the University was a great experience, I got to work with a good team of dedicated people that have each others back and are driven to complete tasks for the benefit of the entire group. As long as you are working and aren't someone who stands around when there is nothing to do you'll fit in well in this environment. People are polite and you will meet a lot and form good working relationships here. The pay is good, the hours are good, and the management are professional.
Pros
good hours, good pay, good managment