University of Minnesota Physicians Employee Review

View all University of Minnesota Physicians reviews

Ok place to work if you don't mind being micromanaged
Registered Nurse (RN) Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN28 February 2019
I have worked within the University of Minnesota Physicians both at the University campus and currently at Maple Grove. Maple Grove has been by far a better place to work, the staff and providers are great. UMP's benefits are some of the best I have had in various healthcare systems- 401K they give 2% and then match up to 6 %, pay is good for being in a clinic setting, PTO is ok but you have to use it for everything including holidays. In a hourly position you are micromanaged to the min of your time, unable to leave early or have any overtime. Their exempt status is ridiculous, definitely not a true "salary" position. If you need to be late or leave early for an appointment you have to use 4 hrs of PTO. There is no flexibility for flex start or end times, 8-5 pm is all you get. They scold you for being even minutes late; regardless of working through lunch, staying late or coming in early other days. Management will talk to you about your absents and late time, but then they come in late, leave early, "work remotely", or call in sick multiple times per week. They definitely do not practice what they preach to everyone else. Once people get on their radar, they will find minuscule reasons to write you up and eventually terminate you.
At Maple Grove, the providers want the staff to be up to the University standards, but there is no training, connection or continued learning opportunities to become that. It is like 2 separate healthcare systems, but try to act as one.
Pros
great coworkers, providers, benefits
Cons
Management micromanages and gets to do what they want, no schedule flexibility, not a true "salary" position

Other University of Minnesota Physicians Employee Reviews

Na
Clinic Coordinator (Help Hire Contract Position) (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN6 June 2019
I was underpaid and not paid a fair wage for work that others were preforming and yet they are unionized, they believe there private as this is why they do not need to pay living wages. 14.00 pre hour while my counter parts received high wage at 18.36
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Ump
MHealth Senior Imaging Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MN23 May 2019
Very good work atmosphere and professional setting, It was enjoyable to work as a team and interact with the patients regularly. I do wish I would have been able to advance more within or be accepted in a more involved role.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Minnesota Physicians. Our community is ready to answer.