University of Minnesota Physicians Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse

Give and take workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN outpatient surgery30 May 2018
The work life balance is amazing! I don’t work weekends, holidays, or call. My compensation was matched from my last job, benefits are wide range. Management is what crashes this employment rating. My manager doesn’t enforce rules and policies well, is very lax on everything, and always says he doesn’t want to micromanage, but doesn’t manage in general. Plus a director who feels she has always one up you.
Pros
Compensation, work/life balance, benefits
Cons
Management, policies being followed only when it benefits managemebt
Very progressive and innovative healthcare
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN24 January 2016
Excellent patient care and education. Very much in tune with patient needs. Friendly staff and supportive management.
CEO is very disconnected with employees, need new leadership from VP's and up
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis27 December 2013
The current CEO likes no one, her leadership style is to intimidate people and she has no relationship with anyone in the company except her direct reports. The trickle down effect is toxic across the organization, people feel left in the dark about everything and scared for their jobs. They let wonderful talent walk out the door and keep the unaccountable. The worst part as an employee is trying to figure out what belongs to UMP, Fairview or the U of M. Each has their own systems and departments and the clinic staff is expected to know how to navigate through it all. It is awful for patients too who don't understand it. Mostly they don't understand why they get multiple bills from multiple systems. There is little integrity in this organization, there are much better healthcare systems in the Twin Cities to chose from for employment.
Pros
Lower level managers work hard and try to make staff feel valued
Cons
HR is disconnected, IT is non-existent
This company is a good company to work for.
Registered Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN15 July 2012
Fairview University Medical Center is where I worked when I 1st got my CNA. I worked on the Cardiac Unit. I enjoyed the hours and Benefits that they had. The unit I worked on was a very busy floor and there wasn't a lot of time to sit around and talk to people. The floor kept you on your feet. I liked that. Sometimes the people that I took care of were on the florr for several weeks becuase they were waiting for a heart and sometimes they wouldn't make it. That was hard because I seemed to get attached to them. The most enjoyable part of my job was taking care of sick people. I realize now that that is what I'm supposed to do with my life.