University of Minnesota Physicians Employee Reviews

It's a OK job...but
Clinic Service Coordinator and AIDET Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN21 September 2016
Its a OK job but there are little to no job opportunities to be promoted to. The yearly raise does not even close to the raise in the cost of living. The facilities are often understaffed and workers are stressed.
Pros
Convient Location, Stepping Stone to Working At a Better Company
Cons
Benefits, Management, Co-Workers, Felling that You Are Nobody
Good job
Medicare Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN19 September 2016
Good people to work for, great benefits, learned alot at this company, and the company culture is like a family environment culture.
Fairview
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN6 August 2016
Fairview is an awesome place to work, especially as a college student. You gain a lot of experience and meet some really cool people who take you under their wing.
Productive and fun environment
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MN16 June 2016
This is a great place to work. Job security and good benefits. Job is very rewarding and you can make some good friends. Requires the ability to multitask.
Very quiet place
Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN14 June 2016
I work in the transcriptions department. I am only a student worker but it is still a nice place to work for. Very professional and quiet work place.
Passionate, Engaged and Fast Paced Work Place
Stroke/Neuro-Endovascular Nurse Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN10 June 2016
Fast paced from start of day to the end. Self motivation to serve my patients is a must in this job. Meetings and coordination throughout, with high job satisfaction. Hardest part of the job is working with a wide ranging and diverse community spanning from North Dakota to Illinois, depending on where the stroke patient lives. Care coordination is often a job where I need to come up with new ways to serve the patients so that all of their needs are met. This is coincidentally the best part of my job too because I have the ability and privilege to think outside of the box in many instances!
Pros
Great education opportunities working at a teaching hospital, many many other pros.
Cons
Commute
Horrible management, no room for advancement
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN11 May 2016
I would absolutely never recommend working here. Getting anything accomplished by human resources is impossible and dragged out. Minimal room for advancement. In the office where I was working, the management presence was non-existent. It was nearly impossible to get anything accomplished. Disorganized!! Oh my gosh, it was a circus every time we had to hire a new person, which was ALL THE TIME because of the high rate of turn over. Yikes! I am embarrassed for UMP. The benefits are OK, but they offer pennies in education reimbursement or assistance. We were also often required to work through our breaks due to staffing issues.
Unorganized, uncaring and not based in reality
Health Information Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN10 May 2016
Working with health information, patient scheduling and information. Co-workers were very good, but management was not. Management was not able to keep office or operations up and running and was unable to keep them supplied or organized properly. This combination made success impossible regardless of effort.
Pros
Fair pay, good benefits and paid time off
Cons
Lack of management preparation and control
Working at the U of M Physicians
Mrdical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN1 May 2016
Working here was great. Management was accommodating and very friendly. The training I received was not as thorough as I thought it would be. The new building was beautifully built and my co-workers were friendly
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Training was not superb
Staffing
Nursing Station Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN6 March 2016
Staffing was unsafe at this position, patients were very ill and required a lot of care. Each RN had 2-3 patients and each NA had 10-20. In my opinion it was impossible to fulfill the needs of all patients and Nurses we were assigned to.
great place to be a self starter. .
Surgical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MN4 February 2016
You are given quite a bit of freedom. You are able to make the job yours. As long as the work got done you could do it how ever you needed to get it done. This could be a blessing or a curse. I took it as a blessing. That way I felt I owned the job.
Experienced Customer Service Representative
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN3 February 2016
Answering the phones, scheduling and rescheduling appointments, collecting co payments upon arrival. Schedule interpreter if needed for patient. Order office supplies as needed.
Very progressive and innovative healthcare
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN24 January 2016
Excellent patient care and education. Very much in tune with patient needs. Friendly staff and supportive management.
A Stressful Position
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN9 January 2016
No proper training, very stressful, and management is not supportive. There are not enough staff to handle all the calls coming in. Patients upset because their having to hold for 15-20 minutes to speak to someone. The nurses in the clinics aren't helpful and very rude. Think twice before working here.
Pros
The pay
Cons
Management, No support, and unorganized
Intake Representative (Call Center) (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN16 December 2015
Schedule all appointments and/or procedures I’m responsible for, and other assigned duties. I’ve learned to get management as well as other coworkers involved to kind of push the nursing staff a little to help my patient get overdue medication refills. The hardest part of my job is when patient’s need are not being meet. The best part is when everything fall into place.
Pros
benefits such as tuition reimbursement the company offers to employees
Cons
not a lot of room for growth in the current position
Busy and energetic work place
CHILD- Teacher (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN8 December 2015
Create your own curriculum, Fun staff to work with, Individual classrooms for teachers, 1-10 ratio, staff retention is high, Great for teachers just starting out in the field
Lead Tech
Senior Lead Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN3 December 2015
I truly do enjoy being a Radiology. I love working with all the different types of patients in our field, from pediatrics to geriatrics. Every day something new and challenging happens and it keeps the career interesting.
Great place to work and growth .
Instrument Processor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN10 November 2015
Very productive, I Learned a lot from work here at the u of m, this position gave me a chance to move on. I also enjoyed working with the staff
Pros
free lunches
Cons
working nights
Worked under minimal supervision
Epic Clarity Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minnesota13 October 2015
Majorly word remotely from Boston. I was assigned for the Service Now Que were clinical supervisors submit their report request.
Being a report writer, I work on different report depending on TAT and priority flag. I'm capable of working on Crystal and SQL developer and SSRS. For new monthly reports I will attending meeting with the requester and educate them reading the database structure.
Pros
Best work culture ever worked
Cons
Hard to contact the team
this is a fun place to work
Team Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN1 October 2015
I truly enjoy providing care for our patients this is an exicting place to meet and greet people. and very clean and the hands on learning has been such and honor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Minnesota Physicians. Our community is ready to answer.