University of Minnesota Physicians Employee Reviews

Mri Tech
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MN1 March 2018
I left the country that is why i left the my spot. it was a good company, benefi, patient care, services, and good place to work with the coworkers and good manager
Pros
no stress
Cons
long drive
Fun and fast pace environment
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN22 February 2018
It was a fun and fast pace work environment and there was something new everyday. I love working with pediatric patients. I realized how much I learned from working there. You learn something new everyday.
Supervisor of Patient Concierges (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN19 January 2018
Very fast past workplace, modern technology made it fun and easy to learn. The workplace culture was inviting.

I love how easy it was to talk to my directors and how involved they were.
travel assignment
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dublin, GA17 January 2018
Good team work on medical floor. Med administration, IV skills,
wound care and hardest part of job is not getting meds due at certain time- pharmacy screwed up
Pros
team work
Cons
pharmacy slow
Working for the esteemed University of MN Heart
Surgery Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edina, MN9 January 2018
A very wonderful company to work for. I have been blessed to work with some of the top Cardiologists/Electrophysiologist in this region. This is a FANTASTIC job that I really do not want to leave, but I have children in their upper 20's that work in the Dallas area and I want to move back to Dallas to be closer to them.
Pros
Specialist in scheduling TAVR procedures in cardiology, for which I was specifically asked to do
Cons
Hardly any breaks/short lunch to refresh
brief interaction
QA (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN9 January 2018
My day was of one; I was given a lot of information on the culture and management of the business from those who have been there a long time; it was much less than positive.
There are a lot of ideas and desires but nothing being set into motion. I think the potential is there and success is not impossible.
Flexible
Intake Coordinator Endoscopy (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MN5 January 2018
Hospitable, energetic and great atmosphere. I enjoy my co workers and management. Everyone is a team player and manages to help when we are short staff.
Pros
Flexible, small group
Cons
small staff hard to get time off
Stimulating work, good colleagues and patients; poor work/life balance
RN Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN28 December 2017
I worked as an RN Coordinator in a hospital-based clinic on the University grounds. The work was mentally stimulating, and colleagues and patients were a positive part of the job. The work-life balance was more than I had bargained for, and I was regularly working much longer than the stated expectation just to get necessities done. I felt that we were spread much too thin regarding our team duties. Despite working with my manager about this problem, I grew to feel that things were not going to change anytime in the near or distant future, and I eventually made a decision to leave. This was disappointing because I felt that I was making a positive contribution to my patients, and I was learning much, but my family was paying too high of a price and I was increasingly exhausted. Additionally, as a new employee, I was on an extremely long wait list to get a contract parking spot (which still would have cost $75+ a month),. and my spot was years off; therefore, I walked about 3/4 of a mile from a remote parking lot into work each day which still cost just as much. The exercise was fine, but this only added to an already long work day. Even though a nice FTO package was included in my employment, it was difficult to prepare to take time off. The clinic had collaborative work spaces to promote a paperless environment so one didn't ever really know where you might sit each day or if there would even be a spot available. I often went to other areas of the building to set up my work space for a portion or all of the day.
Pros
Fun and mentally stimulating work; nice colleagues and patients
Cons
Work-life balance; parking, work-spaces
Great place fast and relaxing
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN1 December 2017
I really loved working for UMP I was so sad to leave if i ever come back to Minnesota i would definitely reunite I had one of the best experiences working there.
Terrible culture
Office Coordinator/Sterilization Technician (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN30 November 2017
Do not work here, they do not value employees. Management is absent and do not care. Overall culture is very toxic and unhealthy. Stay away from this place.
Not appreciated
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN23 October 2017
Very busy, not appreciated for your work. Physicians are not kind to employees. Drs are very smart and love to teach. work culture is horrible. If they would truly focus on everyone working together for the patients best interest things would be better. If they didn't allow the drs so much power things would be better. Way too many hands in the pot for any healthy changes.
Pros
pay is ok, lots to learn
Cons
people don't treat people with respect, work lots of hours, no appreciation, benefits not great
Company Lacks Leadership and Vision
Director (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis19 October 2017
There is great potential for this organization, but the best thing it has going for it is it's name. Beyond that the organization is struggling to figure out what it is going to be. As a result the work is constantly in flux.

Competent leadership may be able to guide the organization through this type of environment, but the C level and VP level are not talented enough to pull it off.
Pros
Potential as part of University of Minnesota
Cons
Great energy, not enough patients though
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN10 October 2017
I love my job here. I get and prepare the clinic, check in and out patients from their visit, and assist LPN's with some of their duties. I also assist with helping patients while they are waiting in the waiting room. We also schedule and reschedule appointments for patients.
Pros
Supplies many breaks
Cons
Day seemed to lag
busy and fun place to work
Clinic Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN3 October 2017
learned a variety of things and management is always accessible. The best part of the job is interacting with patients and making them feel wanted. The environment is laid back and easy going for the most part.
Great in the beginning
Surgery Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN25 September 2017
Working for UMP was great in the beginning. I was recruited by a specific surgical group that I only answered to. After about a year, management changed and I was instructed that I do not answer to the doctors I worked for but only the manager who was not familiar with my responsibilities for this group. This created an uncomfortable working arrangement over the course of several years.
By the time I left it was a relief to get away from the caddiness/gossip of the assistants who mocked patients and were insubordinate to the Registered Nurses.
great environment
Coding Support (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MN5 September 2017
For my position I was on my own a lot, but had a lot of people I could go to with questions if I had any. Everyone was eager to help one another and all the managers were helpful and hard workers.
Great Placr to Work
Clinical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MN2 September 2017
Practitioners open to talk with about cases.

Other Practitioners were nice

Open to taking a lunch, or running an errand

Created your own schedule
Pros
Christmas parties
Cons
no electronic medical records
Enjoyable work environment
CMA (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MN24 August 2017
I enjoy my position and my job title. The location of my job is very close to home which is nice. The workplace culture is well balanced with patients and co-workers
Pros
Learning a new task every day
Cons
Being able to keep up with all task in one day
Good coworkers and fun people to be around.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MN18 August 2017
Days were routine and wasn't too chaotic, people were fun to be around along with interesting things happing from time to time along with not to many getting upset and enjoyed going there. Place was kept in good condition and clean making it good to look at.
UMP/M Health Minneapolis
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN14 August 2017
Here at the Clinic and Surgery Center it is a fast pace environment to work at and depending what department you may work it varies. As much as I enjoy my job here I wish things could be a lot better. So, with my review I hope to help those individuals interviewing at M Health's Clinic and Surgery Center and tell my experience. I don't plan to keep my position here permanent as team work and management here isn't the greatest. Parking is limited and with a new building here there should be free parking available to employees. With how much money is invested here you think there would be free parking. You either have a contract with some type of parking ramps, garages or find your own parking space. Except do we all really make enough to afford parking? On a daily basis we see roughly from 40-70 patients depending which hallway you are located and the say of the week. How I can sum it all up is patient's are great, but this place and who you work with aren't the greatest. Isn't that every where?
Pros
free food
Cons
no free parking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Minnesota Physicians. Our community is ready to answer.