University of Manitoba logo
University of Manitoba

University of Manitoba Employee Reviews

Fun workplace

It was a volunteer work as Arabic teachers for kids just one day per week on Saturday for two hours ,it fun and nice culture you want to work in . The kids was very nice and helpful.

Nice school

I graduated from University of Manitoba. When i was in school, i became a part-time marker working for financial and actuarial professors. All of they are nice people and help me a lot.

Productive with their work

they are very productive in handling patients, they give the Dental care the patient needs. they are very punctual at work i learned how to handle patients more efficiently, and how to communicate with them so they will feel at ease while working intra orally

Dynamic, innovative, friendly with colorful culture

The main characteristic of the University of Manitoba I can say is the worm and friendly work environment. The duties are clearly defined. and people are very helpful and supportive in the work environment.

perfect educational environment

This university provide good opportunity for student to learn. The classes are big and there the number of students is reasonable and this property helped TA's and instructors to be more efficient. Since teaching is a kind of learning, working in this place made me knowledgeable about the points and math detailed which should be emphasized during teaching. teaching mathematics is completely enjoyable for me whether academic math teaching or school one.

Pros

period of time for working

track leader

Supervised examinations for medical students Maintained a secure and confidential environment Timed examinations and reviewed completed documents Sign in and sign out staff and students

Pros

free lunch

Flexible

The instructor I graded for was great. Very organized, knowledgeable. Flexible. The hardest part of the job was providing the students with enough feedback.

So far so good

I love the environment and the people around me. A day is going to the office, greet your colleagues, teach your students. People are very respectful.

Pros

Nice envrionment

Cons

hard to eat as a Muslim and a Sunsaharan African

Major cuts over the last few years

The University is in a mode of cutting back on everything. Countless people have been let go and the University is suffering for the lack of spending. Buildings are falling into disrepair. Terrible work environment. Everyone wonders who's next to go.

Not the place to work

Not a great place to work in general. There may be better departments but overall the university remains unchanged over time and lacking in respect for its employees. Their pay levels are also lower than other similar institutions. Not been a lot of change unfortunately in 20 years with regard to how the university treats people. Time to change

Jobs at University of Manitoba

See more jobs

It a very good univeristy for engineering field

It a very good univeristy for engineering field. I have studied Physics and Electrical Engineering there. The professors are great. I also worked there part time and which allowed me to continue my studies. I am grateful.

Extremely easy to rise and shine in this environment.

After the first week I noticed that with the guidance of my then boss, I became faster and more accurate of the tasks given to me on a daily basis. What was supposed to be a 1 month term position became a 6 month term in both assistant and receptionist duties. Overall an incredible experience.

Pros

Full time work

Cons

Not needed after term ended

opinion

Traveling to the work place and having long hours are the hardest part. The complexity of the patient(s) make it very difficult to attempt to be holistic and try to see numerous patients in one day. See more people is not always the answer.

Pros

pot luck lunches

Cons

workplace complexity to make change happen

I loved my job.

I loved my job it was the work atmosphere that I had a problem with. The office was full of young professionals. I did not work at the University I worked in the back room of a clinic.

Pros

Short hours

Cons

Bad office atmosphere

productive and enthusiastic workplace to learn new things

A typical day at work is enjoyable. I learned a lot of different techniques at this workplace. The work culture of this place is very friendly. I enjoy the ever encouraging nature of my boss and colleagues.

Best Summer job

Working at the University was not like working at all! I meet tons of new people. I was able to assit each one with their projects and it was very educational. I took alot from this jobm all the skills I learned helped me grow my now career.

Great Experience

Overall, the research work experience provided to me at the University of Manitoba, and that specifically provided by the Department of Psychology, was absolutely stellar.

Fun place to work

Good place to start your work . Its in the main location of the city to go and come back. All Staffs are great to work with . Good mentoring and organised work place.

Great experience

• Conduction of economics research and guide undergraduate students on how to summarize their findings; • Marking exams papers; • Preparation of project topic lists and semester scheme of work

its a decent job

It's a nice more laid back job you would water flower clean out garbage cans or just generally keep the campus clean and looking nice when you have to.

Pros

get to start at 8

Cons

not full 8 hours a day

researcher -

i worked as researcher, helping the professor in teaching, and carrying research on his projects. marking the assignments and covering come teaching topics in class.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Manitoba. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2