University of Manitoba

University of Manitoba Employee Reviews

Fun workplace

It was a volunteer work as Arabic teachers for kids just one day per week on Saturday for two hours ,it fun and nice culture you want to work in . The kids was very nice and helpful.

Killing time

Not enough time spent with students helping them. The required marking of papers is more than what is paid to the employee so very little effort is made to mark papers properly; most students get an A so it becomes a pointless task.

Amazing work experience

The hardest part about the jobs I've done for the university is remember everyones names. I was only there for a month, but I learned how an actual office worked and how nice it was to be part of a team.

managing 120 students and their cases/ interaction with people/teaching

- teaching clinical and dental technology for dentistry - evaluated students cases - solve problems with patients cases and showed ways on how to fix them - had my own office and won 2 awards for outstanding support staff 2 years in a row -managed cases and paper work and order forms -looked after 120 students attending the faculty -active fire warden Most enjoyable part of the day is helping students become better dentists, it gives me pride knowing a part of my legacy of what I taught will be passed on to them and also having the satisfaction of graduating dentists knowing they are more confident in their work because of me. hardest part of my job: nothing, I loved it and worked long hours and didnt care if I got paid or not.

Enjoyable time

As a Masters student a typical day involves a great amount of study and the ability to efficiently utilise the time at hand. In this environment one has to plan carefully and leave nothing to the last moment. Last moment actions are rarely productive and only serve as a platform for bad stress. As a whole the diversity of the student population is refreshing, and brings enjoyment to my studies.

Pros

knowledge

Brutal Courses

Pros

short

Cons

exams

Masters Student

Pros

Knowledge is key

Cons

Exciting and excellent volunteering experience.

I had a really good experience with the company. Worked in a fast paced environment providing information to new students about the University of Manitoba.

Pros

Free Lunches

Staff & physical environment is good; Senior Mgmt is poor

Constant union-busting, budget restraints, and outsourcing make the U of M far less lucrative an employer than in the past. Staff and facilities are very good.

Good Place to Work

All of my co workers where very understanding and we did all the required jobs with passion. The position of my job was to interact more with other groups of which i used to be received in good hands. Fun place to work.

Jobs at University of Manitoba

See more jobs

A great place to work

A great place to work with great management, great employees and great customers. Very accommodating to school schedules and very understanding when people have other commitments.

Good environment, clear metrics

The position provided clear goals as to what was to be taught and the overall desired pass rate. University policies were clarified whenever needed.

Great work place with a fun team of student callers and supervisors

Typically a day at work consists of the supervisors starting the shift by giving out a summary of important information and playing a game that requires team play. the rest of the shift consists of calling alumni and trying to get pledges until the end of the shift.

fun place to work

Working at the university was a really fun place to work. It had it's up's and down's. With absolutely no communication what so ever from the higher up's lots of things were a disaster. But with the awesome employees working there, job's got done, the stress was minimal and the days went by quick.

Pros

awesome people

Cons

a minimal amount of communication

Dance rooms in the Active Living Centre and Powwow Club program

Although it is quite small, the dance room I teach in, located in the active living centre is a great necessity for the type of dance I teach. It allows me to perform to the best of my ability and my students learn in a more efficient way. The powwow club program offered at the University of Manitoba is a great way for youth and adults to learn the Aboriginal culture and dance.

Pros

Mirrors, fan, music, aux input, windows, chairs, shelves for belongings, railings, white board, free lunch with program

Cons

Small

Very organised work place. Professional and interesting environment

This was a three month temp position covering for an ill worker. Very professional environment with potential for development and growth in my field. Would love a full time position if opportunity arises.

Pros

No freebies but good eats and coffee

Cons

Very controlled environment due to unionised workforce

Very professional, friendly environment

Everyday, I work with Students, and University staff. It's a leaning place. I meet new people every year, from all over the world. We have a very nice Gym, I use it everyday.

The best place I worked

Good benefits, Has a chance for advancement, Very polite, professional and respectful staffs to work with. Good pay. Good management, Always have a free lunch for all the staffs. Best teamwork and very supportive staffs.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

bust days and needs to work nights

Working in a variety of food service areas

Working at the U of M in Food Services,I was able to work in many of the food locations on campus. I enjoyed working the sporting events as they were always interesting.

Great Workplace

I've worked for the University of Manitoba for years and have found it to be an excellent work environment. The coordinators care about employees, your colleagues are friendly and the pay is fair.

Productive workplace to come to everyday

I enjoy coming to the Lab everyday because i learn new things from other member. It has been a wonderful experience and I encourage others to take advantage of it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Manitoba. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2