University of Manitoba

University of Manitoba Employee Reviews

Fun workplace

It was a volunteer work as Arabic teachers for kids just one day per week on Saturday for two hours ,it fun and nice culture you want to work in . The kids was very nice and helpful.

A good place to work if you enjoy student interaction.

The university offers a good salary and benefits, however, hard work and commitment are not typically recognized. Workplace culture depends highly on which department you work for.

Fun work place with a great team and grea toppurtunities

It's a great opportunity to get interact with people and actively influence the community around you. The job entitles working with a team in residence where you will have the responsibility of promoting community and safety within residence.

Pros

A stipend applied on Residence fees

Cons

Late hours

Very friendly and kind-hearted people. Each day provides a new opportunity to learn about the discipline of Economics from the wonderful teaching staff.

Great job to prepare for academia, annoying paperwork

I really enjoyed working as a grader while completing my undergrad. It let me grow as a student and as a writer. I disliked the way your hours were submitted as it was often a hassle.

Review

Excellent colleagues, motivated students. I enjoyed every minute of my work there. My colleagues were highly respected in their field and the students were eager to succeed.

The University of Manitoba is a great place to work. I have worked there for 18 years and wouldn't even consider leaving it for another job somewhere else.

Interesting but slow

Did a four-month summer research position with a professor. The work was very interesting, but the job progressed at a snails pace. Work is done extremely independently.

Meh

If you are interested in native studies, medical school or engineering than this is the place for you. Other interests not so much...............................

Productive and fun place to work with a great team.

On the typical day doing this job you get to interact positively with university students. The management is friendly and down to earth. I am always learning how to be more professional.

Jobs at University of Manitoba

See more jobs

good

good place to work and very kind staff people to worked with. Furthermore well maintained high standered through lecturer materials and high standered laboratory facilities

Great place to learn and polish yourself!

Working in this kind of environment improved my leadership skill and polised my overall personality to fit in any kind of work environment, And meet time-oriented goals.

A friendly working environment

Food and beverages are provided. Appropriate break periods. Elegance needed when working with guests. Involves serving hot foods that just came out of the oven.

Learned a lot

I completed my master's degree there. It was an amazing experience. I was working as a research assistant therefore I was learning and earning at the same time it was a nice journey.

A regular day in the Glenlea Dairy Barn

A typical day in the dairy barn starts with an 4 AM milking shift followed by regular barn cleaning and animal care. Once all of the regular duties are completed, other duties such as vaccinations, treatments, and repairs are to be completed if there is time before the 3:30 PM milking begins. There is never an ordinary day, there are always new challenges to be faced which requires quick problem solving. Management at Glenlea provides support and guidance when it is needed. Overall workplace culture is enjoyable, the other members of the barn staff are always ready to lend a helping hand when it is needed, and we all share a good laugh from time to time. The hardest part of the job is some of the physical demands and extremely long work hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to use some of my education in agriculture in the workplace, as well as working with qualified and experience co-workers.

Pros

Qualified and experienced co-workers, an environment where I use my education related to agriculture

Cons

No overtime pay, extremely long hours

Good experience

It was quite of an experience to be part of the University of Manitoba. I have worked in different job positions, namely, exam invigilator, lab technician and a nutrition communicator.

productive

stressful no job security but I enjoyed working in the university with my coworkers. I was lab manager and liked supervising students pretty exciting to work in research area

It was a good chance to learn

I would love to work at U of M. I learnt a lot from all my co-workers. Since I graduated, I worked as part-time. I really liked my work at U of M. The reason why I left because I have to focus on my full time job so I can get my PR. After a while working as QA, I figured out I missed my admin jobs. I would like to challenge myself in different area. Even I have not worked as admin but in our department, I handled some of the admin jobs.

not a good workplace

The job you get as a sessional instructor is not secure and the system is corrupted. I have worked for the Math Department there, but it is not a friendly environment. They look at you as if you owe them something, for no good reason. Their classes are big and they don't appreciate the work you do for them. The department does not protect you if some students want to bug you. Over the campus they consider the sessional instructors as second class citizens. But some parts of the campus do good jobs; for example if you have some problems with the IT affairs , then the IT Services provide you with necessary advise.

best job i have ever had

i worked in archives with one other person, pulling files and shredding them, it was the least stressful job i have ever had. management didn't care what you did, when you went on break or took lunch, as long as you got the job done. you spend a lot of time with one person, so as long as you are okay with that then everything is fine. they were doing construction so the dust and debris was pretty harsh. besides that it was fine, i did end up losing my voice. working with friends, low stress and overall a good place to work.

great

It was a wonderful experience at the University of Manitoba. I met many skilled peers and learned a lot throughout the years. My supervisor was really nice, as were my coworkers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Manitoba. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2

3.5Job security/advancement

Compare University of Manitoba with

• University of Manitoba
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?