University of Manitoba

University of Manitoba Culture reviews

Clear

Competitive but relaxed work atmosphere. Colleagues were supportive.

It was a nice experience working at university of Manitoba and cancercare Manitoba.I had support of the staff as I was new to the system.Though it’s a cold place but people were full of warmth.

Run Away

Horrible. Director has no clue what to do with employees, Verbal abuse, first place I've worked where the employees tell management what to do, Other manager abusive, swearing and yelling but he buys Starbucks for the Director so he is golden. I could go on but why, if you like a slack attitude as a worker and politics this is the place for you. Absolutely no innovation and safety, 1970's mentality.

Fun workplace

It was a volunteer work as Arabic teachers for kids just one day per week on Saturday for two hours ,it fun and nice culture you want to work in . The kids was very nice and helpful.

Great Culture to work with

I had an excellent experience. The University provides a diverse and great environment to work. The workplace culture is collaborative, and I have learned a lot during the time I worked there.

The atmosphere was great

The time at University of Manitoba was amazing. The colleagues were so nice and helpful during the work!

Exceptional and committed team of consultants.

Very rewarding work, with both the Health Centre Staff, Becoming friends with staff and clients, getting to know the Inuit people we visited, learning from them

Pros

Great learning and collaborative working environment.

Cons

Travel delays, time away from family, renumeration was apparently low.

Productive place

A place where everyone can learn in an environment that people come from different cultural backgrounds and able to form a team in the laboratory. Good researches and advisors.

Diversified and friendly workplace

As a volunteer my experience was remarkable. On a typical day, I complied with the management requirements. Developing interpersonal skills and problem-solving strategies were the two most important things I have learned. The management staffs were supportive and friendly. Also workplace had a diversified culture. The hardest part of the job was to keep up with the number of students. Being able to participate with the students was the most enjoyable part of the job.

Productive and respectful job

Great people Respectful atmosphere Excellent leaders A enjoyable atmosphere to grow You can learn many things from your colleagues It is important to do the best of yourself

Overall not stressful, get to manage time accordingly

Generally not too much work, employers were understanding and would support you in any way. I work alone, so I don't really know about the workplace culture. I learnt many things along the way typically about other courses in other faculties that I am not affiliated with.

Jobs at University of Manitoba

See more jobs

Good

Management making decisions without feedback and input from employees.Friendly co-workers. Pd sessions . Flexible work schedule. Collaboration among staff helpful.

Productive, innovative and realistic

I am an active volunteer there, learning and contributing to their upgrade on a previous project ( product) which is the smart tractor. This year's update will focus on location and sensor.

Productive and Driven workplace

Great environment with very supportive staff. Flexible with job work/life. Awesome manager! Encourages staff development and everybody gets along well in the department.

Friendly and fast paced at the university bookstore

The bookstore was fast-paced, but everyone was very friendly and willing to help. The interview process took a while and was quite competitive, training was beneficial for other aspects of life and work experience.

Calm, steady and peaceful lifestyle is available there.

University of Manitoba is the 💓 of Winnipeg and plays the role of warm place in its cold weather. It is growing more in a better way to provide the best opportunities to everyone.

Dynamic, innovative, friendly with colorful culture

The main characteristic of the University of Manitoba I can say is the worm and friendly work environment. The duties are clearly defined. and people are very helpful and supportive in the work environment.

So far so good

I love the environment and the people around me. A day is going to the office, greet your colleagues, teach your students. People are very respectful.

Pros

Nice envrionment

Cons

hard to eat as a Muslim and a Sunsaharan African

productive and enthusiastic workplace to learn new things

A typical day at work is enjoyable. I learned a lot of different techniques at this workplace. The work culture of this place is very friendly. I enjoy the ever encouraging nature of my boss and colleagues.

Fun place to work

Good place to start your work . Its in the main location of the city to go and come back. All Staffs are great to work with . Good mentoring and organised work place.

Awesome

Great place to work. The people are absolutely great and very pleasant. Working as a part of the Mini U team was fantastic. The staff are pleasant and awesome.

Pros

Working with other people with the same views as you

Cons

Learned a lot in this program

Extensive work for research proposal. Learned how to manage conflict and work independently People were not tolerante with other cultures People hard to work with. Travelled a lot and learn who to network and presentation skills

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Manitoba. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2

3.5Job security/advancement

Compare University of Manitoba with

• University of Manitoba
  • Culture
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?