University of Manitoba

University of Manitoba Employee Reviews for Teaching Assistant

Calm, steady and peaceful lifestyle is available there.

University of Manitoba is the 💓 of Winnipeg and plays the role of warm place in its cold weather. It is growing more in a better way to provide the best opportunities to everyone.

perfect educational environment

This university provide good opportunity for student to learn. The classes are big and there the number of students is reasonable and this property helped TA's and instructors to be more efficient. Since teaching is a kind of learning, working in this place made me knowledgeable about the points and math detailed which should be emphasized during teaching. teaching mathematics is completely enjoyable for me whether academic math teaching or school one.

Pros

period of time for working

Learned a lot in this program

Extensive work for research proposal. Learned how to manage conflict and work independently People were not tolerante with other cultures People hard to work with. Travelled a lot and learn who to network and presentation skills

Lots of learning, good pay

Great working with renown professors for each given field. You get to interact and pick the brains of academics and learn a great deal. Pay is good for a student

Pros

Lots of learning, Good pay

Cons

few hours

Good place to be

Everything is good. Attractive, flexible, good supervisors and even better people around :) Learned so many things other than research related stuff. Friendly environment, summer is the most fun part of the year.

Very friendly and kind-hearted people. Each day provides a new opportunity to learn about the discipline of Economics from the wonderful teaching staff.

Oustanding workpolace for learning and enhancing professional skills

A typical day or work is a sum of infinite opportunities for learning with a wide range of opportunities to network with people with a great variety of interests.

Large corperation. Excellent staff in my department but hard to get things done in the grander scale.

The job I had is fairly easy and exciting and my coworkers are fantastic. It helped me develop a ton of skills that I enjoy utilizing on a daily basis. The hardest part is simply dealing with the University's odd bureaucracy.

Best place for graduate students to work in

I have a wonderful experience always working with professors and other staff at university because not only they are compassionate towards you but understand all your needs as a student and as a role of teaching assistant. You can easily learn all the professionalism of the job while in a relaxed manner.

Pros

Great pay and lot to learn

Masters Life

University of Manitoba is one of the oldest and biggest universities in the Western Canada. The work environment is very friendly. My supervisor is an awesome person who provides me help when I face some problem even outside university life. One of the best workplaces I have ever had

Pros

Friendly Environment

Cons

Stressful thesis

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at University of Manitoba?

Productive Workplace

Very enjoyable work. Gained valuable work experience and developed effective skills in critical thinking, problem solving and public speaking.

Fun workplace with amazing co-workers

Before we start teaching the students the TA's always met 30 minutes prior to in the lab. We sometimes bring in food to share and eat in the lunch room and talk about our lives as university students. Most of us were in the same faculty so we had a lot in common an even were in the same classes together.

Pros

Fun atmosphere

Good work environment

The staff and other teaching assistant members were friendly and understanding. A typical day involved being in the lab supervising the students for 3 hours per lab. The hardest part was difficult students and the best part was watching them get excited about the lab.

I found said school distant

I never adjusted to life in the west, and it shows. I just found the people difficult to know or understand. I never felt I fit in.

Pros

work on one's own

Cons

too cold

A great diversified place to work

As a teaching assistant I prepared labs for students and answered any of there questions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Manitoba. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2