University of Manitoba logo
University of Manitoba

University of Manitoba Employee Reviews for Post-doctoral Fellow

A very good research culture

This is a very nice place to work. I have been there as a graduate student and now working as a post doc. All the staff members are very supportive. The research culture is also very good.

nothing unusual

It is okay to work here if you want to become a professor after. The work that you are doing depends on your professor. If he is active you will be participating in collaborations etc. If not, it is boring to work with no way to get your foot to the industry.

It's a rabbit hole for post-doctoral fellows and graduate students

Working at University of Manitoba as a post-doctoral fellow is like entering a sand dune. You just get sucked in without any hope of getting a permanent full-time position anywhere. The University has no program in place that can facilitate intake of trained personnel leading to brain drain.

Pros

Staff benefits are one of the best in industry. Good work-life balance

A wonderful place to work

I truly enjoy working at University of Manitoba. Its provides an extremely enriching experience with great benefits. However, pay-scale for postdoctoral researchers is alarmingly low as their pay is dependent entirely on the grants obtained by academic supervisors. It would be better if University designs a system to ease their integration into the system by providing better perks (independent of grants) and job security.

An excellent institute for nutraceutical research in Canada

The working hours is from 8.30 AM to 4.30 PM, with one hour lunch break and two coffee breaks of 15 minutes each. The working atmosphere excellent. Utmost care is given to safety and good practices. I have learned how to be a professional in an international research group. I have got chance to lead projects. I maintain a good relationship with co-workers of different ethnicity. As such my job in RCFFN was interesting. Severe winters makes some problem in transportation to the office. I enjoyed being a supervisor to a large number of research candidates from Asia, America, Africa and Europe.

a very good experience

My daily work is to carry out the experiments on asthma and maintein the lab. My co-workers are awesome. They helped me a lot.

Productive and fun place

Good research environment. I have learned so many new research techniques. Management is very good here. I am enjoying to work with co workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Manitoba. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2