University of Manitoba logo
University of Manitoba

University of Manitoba Employee Reviews for Office Assistant

I loved my job.

I loved my job it was the work atmosphere that I had a problem with. The office was full of young professionals. I did not work at the University I worked in the back room of a clinic.

Pros

Short hours

Cons

Bad office atmosphere

Job satisfaction will dependend upon where & who you work with, in the university you work.

Many people are very nice & helpful, but some long term employees are difficult personalities, & no one seems willing or able to provide support. Also, the environment was one of the dirtest places I've ever worked in. Cleaning staff never actually cleaned, till I spoke to the janitoral staff supervisor, about the dust balls on the floor & how filthy my shoes got. Bathrooms were never cleaned. Stairs & stairwells had coffee spills on the floor & walls,

Casual employment

Working as a casual employee for several years is difficult to gain permanent offers. I enjoyed the staff and environment very much but need something more stable.

University of Mnaitoba

They are constantly restructuring the staff positions with each new head of the department This happens every 5 years so you never know where your job stands...not very good policy

Pros

the people are nice

Cons

the management not so much

Very professional, friendly environment

Everyday, I work with Students, and University staff. It's a leaning place. I meet new people every year, from all over the world. We have a very nice Gym, I use it everyday.

We were attached to the hospital so are breaks were very interesting, lots of shopping.

I have not worked in over a year, I moved to Nanaimo, to help my daughter who has been ill.when I worked at the University as a caretaker, the day went by very quickly

Pros

great benefits

Cons

some co-workers were bullies

Interesting workplace and enjoyed varied tasks

I enjoyed working in a medical, educational and research environment. I felt part of a team and enjoyed working alone or with others on tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job was the variety of tasks and the people I worked with. The hardest part of the job was when I was layed off and a few other people were also layed off.

Pros

Weekdays, Weekends off

Cons

Layed off

University of Manitoba, offers good salary and benefits. All employees (full time or under contract for 1yr or more) are entitled to 3weeks vacation. They encouraged employees to study for upgrade that will help employees develop their skills.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at University of Manitoba?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Manitoba. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2