University of Manitoba logo
University of Manitoba

University of Manitoba Employee Reviews for Attendant

Great Culture to work with

I had an excellent experience. The University provides a diverse and great environment to work. The workplace culture is collaborative, and I have learned a lot during the time I worked there.

productive and enthusiastic workplace to learn new things

A typical day at work is enjoyable. I learned a lot of different techniques at this workplace. The work culture of this place is very friendly. I enjoy the ever encouraging nature of my boss and colleagues.

new and interesting work place

- being able to work with students - learning more about the students union and the campus as a whole - environment of the workplace is easy to adapt to

A regular day in the Glenlea Dairy Barn

A typical day in the dairy barn starts with an 4 AM milking shift followed by regular barn cleaning and animal care. Once all of the regular duties are completed, other duties such as vaccinations, treatments, and repairs are to be completed if there is time before the 3:30 PM milking begins. There is never an ordinary day, there are always new challenges to be faced which requires quick problem solving. Management at Glenlea provides support and guidance when it is needed. Overall workplace culture is enjoyable, the other members of the barn staff are always ready to lend a helping hand when it is needed, and we all share a good laugh from time to time. The hardest part of the job is some of the physical demands and extremely long work hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to use some of my education in agriculture in the workplace, as well as working with qualified and experience co-workers.

Pros

Qualified and experienced co-workers, an environment where I use my education related to agriculture

Cons

No overtime pay, extremely long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Manitoba. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2