University of Manitoba

University of Manitoba Employee Reviews in St. Adolphe, MB

Found 1 review matching the searchSee all 259 reviews

A regular day in the Glenlea Dairy Barn

A typical day in the dairy barn starts with an 4 AM milking shift followed by regular barn cleaning and animal care. Once all of the regular duties are completed, other duties such as vaccinations, treatments, and repairs are to be completed if there is time before the 3:30 PM milking begins. There is never an ordinary day, there are always new challenges to be faced which requires quick problem solving. Management at Glenlea provides support and guidance when it is needed. Overall workplace culture is enjoyable, the other members of the barn staff are always ready to lend a helping hand when it is needed, and we all share a good laugh from time to time. The hardest part of the job is some of the physical demands and extremely long work hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to use some of my education in agriculture in the workplace, as well as working with qualified and experience co-workers.

Pros

Qualified and experienced co-workers, an environment where I use my education related to agriculture

Cons

No overtime pay, extremely long hours

Jobs at University of Manitoba