University of Manitoba
View all University of Manitoba reviews

University of Manitoba

University of Manitoba Employee Review

Competitive but relaxed work atmosphere. Colleagues were supportive.

It was a nice experience working at university of Manitoba and cancercare Manitoba.I had support of the staff as I was new to the system.Though it’s a cold place but people were full of warmth.

4.0Job security/advancement

Same roleSame location

University professor position

This position is little unusual position when the review is compared to other industrial position. Typical university professor position focused on the teaching and research.
Same location

Run Away

Horrible. Director has no clue what to do with employees, Verbal abuse, first place I've worked where the employees tell management what to do, Other manager abusive, swearing and yelling but he buys Starbucks for the Director so he is golden. I could go on but why, if you like a slack attitude as a worker and politics this is the place for you. Absolutely no innovation and safety, 1970's mentality.
Same location

entry point screener

categorized as “student office assistant” means we’re basically nobodies on campus, zero job benefits and unorganized management. Cutting them some slack as this is a brand new COVID position but we have no on-site supervisors 99% of the time and have to figure everything out ourselves, then the supervisor tells us what we should have done. High turnover as it’s an unskilled position with no benefits or job security, we’re given no clue how long the position will even last. No priority given to people who have worked here longer, they keep hiring new people so they can give us less hours/shorter shifts and cut down on overtime pay. I lucked out and got some amazing coworkers but I’ll be quitting as soon as I have a full time position lined up. Also for some reason students are paid less than non-students for the same position and duties??

Pros

long stretches where you can do your own work at the desk, good coworkers, relatively good pay for an unskilled job

Cons

no job security, can be tedious, no break room or job benefits of any kind

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Manitoba. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2

3.5Job security/advancement

Compare University of Manitoba with

• University of Manitoba
  • Competitive but relaxed work atmosphere. Colleagues were supportive.